Hurry!, A FFX Impossible Remix Album, overwhelming participation

The Author

For a little background, I recommend reading this: http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28108 But the short version is: A challenge was issued, and we've decided to rise up to the occasion with a quick project that will hopefully be interesting to enough remixers.

So, this project is to remix the "too hard to remix" song Hurry! from FF10 ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KrLQKMMESE ).

You might say: But one song does not make an album.

Well, here's the twist, one song, multiple genres.

So if you are interested, you can just manifest your interest and mention the genre in which the remix is gonna be. That remixer is then the only one who can remix in that genre. Also, if the submitted genre is kinda narrow, it may also prevent remixers from picking another narrow genre in the same family.

So, at this point we have 7 slots, although some may already be filled and this post will be updated reflecting who picked what genre.

Another thing to keep in mind is that in respect to the title of the source material, time will be of the essence in this project. While the exact time line will be defined after we get a number of people on board, we would like this album to be released before the summer solstice.

And by now you may be wondering what the free gift will be.

To coordinate the project, we will be using Google Wave. I have enough invites available for everyone who will be a confirmed part of the project. It might not be the most glamorous of gifts, but at least you'll get the street cred associated with being in a google beta thing.

To get the Wave invite, send me a PM with an email address to send it to once you are included in the list. Hopefully it'll work well enough to avoid having to find forums for a short term project.

In addition to google wave, we have forums!

http://kngi.org/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=75

Thank you KyleJCrb.

1. The Coop / Piano + Orchestration (GW Invite sent)

2. Brandon Strader / "ethnic instrumental"

3. Gario / Minimalist?

4. Hy Bound / Dubstep (GW invite sent)

5. ZeroBoros and Swann / Trance/DnB (GW invite sent)

6. Rozovian / DnB/Jazz (GW invite sent)

7. AaronD / Orchestral Techno (GW Invite Sent)

8. HitoriJaNai / New age

9. DarkeSword / world/contemporary

If you have a WIP or a completed track:

Please post your track (pref. in MP3) on KNGI's forum for sure so we can listen to it and get a sense of it. The Author will update the track list accordingly with your status.

If you have a completed track that's done:

If you do have a lossless WAV file ready and uploaded on the Internet, PM the location to me, I'll grab it and let you know so you can remove it.

If you have issues with uploading a WAV (maybe your Internet is slow, you don't have remote hosting, or similar), PM me and I will set something up for you.

Also, if you are a visual artist and would be interested in providing art for this project, contact me, we could use at the very least a CD cover.

Progess:

1. The Coop / Piano + Orchestration WIP

2. Brandon Strader / "ethnic instrumental" Completed

3. Gario / Minimalist? Completed

4. Hy Bound / Dubstep WIP

5. ZeroBoros and Swann / Trance/DnB Completed

6. Rozovian / DnB/Jazz Completed

7. AaronD / Orchestral Techno Completed

8. DarkeSword / world/contemporary Completed.

9. Chernabogue54 / Rock/Metal Completed

Yes, we have a 10th track... because someone proved to be not only insistent, but provided a strong WIP while asking to be part of the project...

Hurray for a crazy successful surprise project.

We also have a visual artist and web designer on board.

Ugh, why have I learned how to resist temptation only now, when the vision is so clear in my head?! I'll have to restrain taking a claim and wish everyone who gets on it the best of luck.

That being said, I can clearly hear some definite genres this can be done in:

* 8-bit chiptunes-y (*cough*halcprotodomewillrock*cough*)

* folk acoustica

* METULZLOL

* ambient electronic

* driving rock

I tip my hat to you, sirs and madams, for taking one playful jab at our ability to remix and throwing it so far as to make a whole album dedicated to proving that claim wrong.

Good question. Well, we want something that sounds good, obviously, but I don't think we will be placing an emphasis on making it to OCR level of quality. (If we can get some songs to actually reach the OCR bar, more power to us.)

So basically, there will be a minimum bar on quality, but it won't be too high... It would be easier to listen to a sample of the music participants can produce, but I don't think it'll be that strict, especially considering the timeline of the project being discussed with the co-director.

I can clearly hear some definite genres this can be done in:

* folk acoustica

* METULZLOL

* ambient electronic

* driving rock.

You forgot waltz.

Actually, this is interesting. Simple source, a lot could be done with it, you just gotta transcribe it before you can do anything tho.

Must resist... joining... more... projects....

Well Coop, you are totally qualified to be on this project, just pick a genre and I'll place you in the first post.

Also, to everyone who was contacted by Arcana via PM, please indicate what you want to do as far as genre as fast as possible, I'd hate this first come first serve approach to cause undue conflict.

As a rule of thumb, I'll give more importance to the submissions made in this thread over those in PM because it's a little more transparent this way.

Ugh, why have I learned how to resist temptation only now, when the vision is so clear in my head?! I'll have to restrain taking a claim and wish everyone who gets on it the best of luck.

That being said, I can clearly hear some definite genres this can be done in:

* folk acoustica

* METULZLOL

* ambient electronic

* driving rock

I tip my hat to you, sirs and madams, for taking one playful jab at our ability to remix and throwing it so far as to make a whole album dedicated to proving that claim wrong.

You Forgot one more.Trance/Dnb with a little bit of house touches to it It'll sound Nice.

As for sound quality not too much of a problem, but What happens if they already got a Remix done for it? Can they use that as a sample for the sound quality?

Apparently, it's on vgmusic. There goes my last excuse other than that annoying little sane voice in my head saying I should do more important things. Will experiment with the source a bit until I know what style or genre I'm going for. If I can get something worth finishing started.

You are a trooper. You know you gotta do this ;)

I actually thought a trance version of it in 3/4 would be really awesome. If my version didn't work out, that is what I would have done. Usually trance is 4/4 isn't it? But the source is 3/4. I thought it would have been interesting. It's a pretty chaotic song. :-P

Trance Definitely Works, and so does house.I'm Completely done With My mix So If anything I'm gonna send it up when the guy wants it............Still can't believe I started all this:lmassoff: