1. The Coop / Piano + Orchestration Registered on the forum, no WIP

2. Oinkness / "ethnic instrumental" Registered on the forum + WIP

3. Gario / Minimalist? Not registered, no WIP

4. Hy Bound / Dubstep Registered + WIP

5. ZeroBoros and Swann / Trance/DnB Registered + WIP

6. Rozovian / DnB/Jazz Registered + WIP

7. AaronD / Orchestral Techno Registred + WIP

8. HitoriJaNai / New age Registered No WIP

9. DarkeSword / world/contemporary Registered + Completed.

At this point, I am glad to say that everyone has selected a genre, and what I've heard shows that there is a lot of variety in the interpretation of the original. Due to how the project is growing, I would urge everyone who hasn't registered on the forum to do so. Then contact me or Arcana to get added to the contributor's group. There are some discussion taking place for which the input of everyone involved would be nice.

The time line I promised is gonna take some time, mainly due to these things happening on the forum. Once decisions have been made, we will get moving accordingly.

Credit me as Brandon Strader plz

Also mine's been completed since day 1

• 2 weeks later...
It is kind of late-ish, we weren't going to accept any new people. Do you think you could come up with a high-quality track in two weeks? If you can let me know :)

DarkeSword said my revised version had good source usage so I'm going to go ahead and prepare a wav for you within a week or whatever. I'm done waiting to hear word back on stuff, it's incredibly annoying.

Uploaded finished track to the server. Been spending a lot of time trying to find workarounds to improve it while keeping CPU at an acceptable level, and I consistently run into dead ends. It's just way too frustrating with only half a gig of RAM and an overall shitty computer. :sad:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

'Bout finished... Mmm, it's a long, sexy track.

Great to see that this project is almost finished - we sure showed Youtube who's boss! :tomatoface:

Hey... is anyone else using Reason on this project? I need to get something akin to a final wav up there, but the final wav is... *looks around sheepishly* over 200mbs. I have a limited amount of monthly bandwith on my internet, so I can't upload something that large, but I can send the rsn file without a problem (it's *only* 5 mbs) so someone with Reason could extract the file and do whatever they needed to do to it.

Alternatively I could send a relatively small compression (256kbs, or something like that) and call it 'final'...

Hey... is anyone else using Reason on this project? I need to get something akin to a final wav up there, but the final wav is... *looks around sheepishly* over 200mbs. I have a limited amount of monthly bandwith on my internet, so I can't upload something that large, but I can send the rsn file without a problem (it's *only* 5 mbs) so someone with Reason could extract the file and do whatever they needed to do to it.

I don't use Reason but I may have a solution. You can download Audacity and import your big wav file in. Then, you'll just have to export a new wav that will be really smaller (well, the normal size).

And BTW, to Arcana and The Author, don't forget my username change ^^ (and thanks for all good feedback!)

WAVs, even uncompressed, shouldn't be that big, unless your song is like 20 minutes long.

Make sure there's no silence at the beginning and end, and that the WAV is 16-bit 44.1KHz Not 32-bit, and not 48KHz :-P

I've never used Reason but it should be fully capable of exporting a regular WAV. If your song is 3 minutes, you're looking at about 30mb.

Don't worry, it's taken care of. And yeah, it's pretty long, otherwise it wouldn't be a problem, lol (it really is neat, though - don't let Rozo's niegh-saying get to you, too...).

And the wave is 220mbs, by the way, and a hair over 20 minutes. Just sent them the 192 kbps version, and they're happy with it, so it's a non-issue, now. Thanks for the help, though.

Hey Author, here's something I dredged up from the old forum - tell me that this isn't prophetic...

Originally posted by The Author

Meh, it's not like I could remix it anyway, but yeah, the simplicity means that it could be used with a variety of genres IMHO. But yeah, I don't think a 1 source song tribute album to Larry's ego would fly here. Too bad though, would have made for the perfect response to "no one can remix that"

"Oh yeah? here's a 7-10 tracks album proving you wrong, personally, I find the chiptune remix the best, but the jazz and polka versions aren't bad."

... I even have a title for the project: FF10 Hurry, songs for petty arguments and ego inflation.

We actually did make a 1 source song tribute album. We did make it 10 tracks long. I think this ended up being one of the best responses to a Youtube comment ever. If this became official (that's still quite questionable, for sure) then frankly nearly everything in there would've come true.

The title wasn't quite accurate, but I'd say that was quite a prophetic statement there nonetheless, Author.

Also, what's this?
That is called a new addition to the album, dammit - why did the guy get so much flak for making it in an unconventional style (Alright, the clipping was annoying, but really - the arrangement is quite awesome)? Cripes, Youtube can be narrow minded, at times... 'course, that goes without saying, I guess...

• 3 months later...