Marvel vs. Capcom 3

DJ Mighty

we already get good enough entertainment from your constant whining, so i think i will let you keep on making this thread fun to read

Seriously though, why are you so high strung on NOT learning how to counter that stuff?

In fighting games, that is kinda what you are supposed to do.

Never said I didn't try to learn that stuff =D

I'm simply pointing out things I notice about the game. In this case, people using the same massive combos. Especially with zero. That's not spamming. That's just the way the Marvel games usually are. It gets boring when you fight lots of people doing that. I'm starting to lose interest in the game. Me being a noob has nothing to do with it. It's a decent game but just not as fun as the older ones in my opinion. A bit too much repetition. That's why I said I hope the DLC keeps sparking my interest to play it. These games are most fun when you're playing offline with another person. All my friends hate fighting games though. So I'm stuck with the online.

Apparently though, that counts as "crying". :cry:

The best thing to do is to take every ounce of anger you get out of losing from people and use that as motivation.

You see those Zero's always hittin those combos? See what you are doing that allows to do that and totally punish them.

Once you get down their repetitive strategy, you will get them every time.

Trust me, punishing people for them doing nothing but the same thing is such a great feeling.

how am I supposed to teleport if I am busy being in hitstun/blockstun

also how am I supposed to call in assists if they are just going to also take damage from zero's shippuga

also why does advancing guard only push zero far enough away for him to just use shippuga again and hit me immediately because I'm still in blockstun

this is not me being sarcastic this is just me asking questions that nobody seems to want to answer

how am I supposed to teleport if I am busy being in hitstun/blockstun

also how am I supposed to call in assists if they are just going to also take damage from zero's shippuga

also why does advancing guard only push zero far enough away for him to just use shippuga again and hit me immediately because I'm still in blockstun

this is not me being sarcastic this is just me asking questions that nobody seems to want to answer

If you pushblock and immediately jump backwards you should be able to get out of Zero's stuff unless he has the clone super active, in which case you'll have to just tough it out, or come up with a move that has invulnerability frames or has enough reach to hit him as he's coming in (trades are almost always in your favor vs a Zero, because a momentum break is good for you).

As a Spencer player, I will always test a Zero as he approaches by just throwing my arm out -- most Zero players I've seen are so busy approaching you that they don't put up any defense whatsoever. If it hits, reel him in for a punch and follow up for a big combo.

As Arthur, I throw daggers and call an anti-air assist -- if he blocks then he's not charging in, and if he jumps over them they are hit by the AA (I use Trish's peekaboo trap).

X-23 can actually rushdown harder than Zero can -- get him blocking and scared and you'll have the matchup easily (see about getting inside with a charged qcf+A or the qcf+C throw).

Who do you play, Bleck? I'll see if I can't figure out some basic anti-rushdown strategy similar to the above for you.

Simple way would be to try out having dagger tosses from Arthur and teleport with Wesker.

Jumping S with Wesker is really good. It is fast and can cross up.

Use Arthur's daggers to distract the Zero and have Wesker H. teleport and use jumping S to hit him and start up a chain.

Wesker's even most basic combo can do more than 60% damage on Zero, so they will more than likely be spooked after you do that and either forget about blocking and go all out or swap him out. Either way, your problems with Zero went down a huge margin.

Also, with Wesker you can easily put the pressure back on Zero.

Try practice doing L, M, H -> qcf M -> teleport. Teleport in the direction that you feel will help you the most.

Take advantage of Wesker's gun -> teleport. Zoning with the gun then teleporting around after really creates problems with a lot of characters.

With you teleporting around, it will make Zero have to come after you.

Well, knowing that, we'll likely see a patch forthcoming in a month or two. Hopefully the patch also nerfs Sentinel a tad... He's tough, not completely unbeatable, but it's way harder to deal with him than it is anyone else... Maybe drop his health and shit up his assists a little or something.

That said, I felt like an epic boss when I managed to beat a guy's Tron, She-hulk, Sentinel team just using Wolverine and Wesker.

Well, knowing that, we'll likely see a patch forthcoming in a month or two. Hopefully the patch also nerfs Sentinel a tad... He's tough, not completely unbeatable, but it's way harder to deal with him than it is anyone else... Maybe drop his health and shit up his assists a little or something.

That said, I felt like an epic boss when I managed to beat a guy's Tron, She-hulk, Sentinel team just using Wolverine and Wesker.

Patch? This is Capcom we're talking about. The only thing I wish they'd do with Sentinel and some other characters is increase the recovery time between moves like NeUtraLiZe and SENTINEL FOARCE.

Most Sentinel players don't even know how to use Sentinel

Also I feel like I should talk about stuff not being discussed

like mindgames.

But IDK. Mindgames aren't something formulaic like dialing out a combo.

do it. most people don't think about it outside of 'dante teleport while using sentinel force assist crossup lol'

Crazy tourney at Final Round XIV!

Combofiend's Spencer is absolutely amazing -- best moment of the tourney is the end of his set vs. Marn. Check out the full streamed finals here (start at Part 5, 26:00 in for everything, or just jump to Part 6 for the top 8 or so)

And for any haters out there, there was no Sentinel or Phoenix in the finals. :P

Edit: wtf is

haha