OCR01223 - Jurassic Park (SNES) "Before Time"

djpretzel

Yeah.

what's here is really rocking. the guitar sounds thick, the grooves are great. I would have liked to hear the song have a more defined dynamic direction. I like the strong beginning, but i would also have liked to hear more buildup. Certainly a mix to be kept.

As Dan might say, "This remix does not make me want to poop."

Two apparently contradicting notes to offer;

-This new remix cannot compete/hold a candle to/with the NewAgeGypsy- version IMHO.However,considering how much it rocked,one should not get stressed out over that.

-SNES JS remixes are needed.I´m thankful for this contribution.Very good,overall.

Keep it up. :!:

This is a great peice.

Though it's not the best I've heard it's still good and differant.

Conclusion. Good job on the peice.

Side note: The peices "Into the deep" and "Before time" that just been submited, seem to have a similar guitar style and go well hand in hand on my playlist together. Though "Into the deep" is the better of the two. They make a nice combo.

I was really impressed by this ReMix, it retains the same spirit and overall mood of the orignal work, but with more kick with the addition of the electric guitar(s). It really felt as if it could have been used as BGM if Jurassic Park had been released as a game by todays standards.

It's got a good pace to it.. doesn't really feel forced or overly complicated or lengthened. Recommended.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Whoa, nice work here B-Dan.

And to you Ryan who made a great guitarplay. Other than that, this was a remix that had the usual demands to be a great remix.

Nice drumtrack.

Heavy bass in the back, gives it some more spice.

Always some beats blipping around it.

The melody kicks ass by an excellent instrument, this time an electric guitar.

RP and DB has made an awesome remix that stretches all the way back to the pre-historic, and it would probably sound good there too.

Good job guys! :D

• 2 years later...

Great rhythm on the left-side synth, it immediately caught my attention. The lead melody is catchy too, and the chunky rhythm guitars that come in have power but leave plenty of space for the track to breathe.

The beats are nice and the piece has a funky and effortless-sounding cool to it. The breakdown with the pan flute or whitever was great, and then back to the rock.

The production seems a little muddy in a few spots, maybe a bit heavy on the low-mids, but it's still clear enough to hear the different parts, and the song is both varied and groovin'. A really nice collab, good work guys. :-)

• 1 year later...

Catchy groove to start out here. Production feels a bit muffled prior to the guitars at :53, but nothing too bad. Things fill out nicely with the strings at 1:08. I would've liked to hear some more energy still, especially in the drums here. I'm liking the trade-off of synths and guitars here; synths being used for accents and filling out sections and occasionally taking the lead. Things still somehow feel a bit empty when it kicks back in towards the end, and the strings don't come off realistic by any means, but it's still an enjoyable listen.

• 1 year later...

I like the dark beats going on here; they give it a very primal feel, especially with the guitar parts later on. I keep expecting it to turn into a power rock ballad, but it focuses a lot more on atmosphere and soundscape than melody. Which makes sense to me in some weird cosmic sort of way. I mean an anthem originating from the subject of dinosaurs would focus more on atmosphere/where you're at as opposed to the melody/what's happening, least you'd get eaten.

Anyway, this is something different and worth a listen. Just don't go into it expecting wailing guitars and tons of energy.

• 4 years later...

I really like this track, great beat, great synth and guitar, but for some reason I feel as though there is something missing, I can almost place it and then the track is over. I don't know if it's too quick, or if something IS TRULY lacking but what I do know is this, it's definitely got the feel of JP. I guess I would just like to hear more with this as what I have already heard is epic. I would give this an 8 out of 10 for sure and no lower.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01223 - Jurassic Park (SNES) "Before Time"