South Africa World Cup 2010!

Deathtank

I've been listening to the "Official Theme" or whatever the eff you want to call it, anyway I fricken LOVE it.

Anyway the first round match-ups are pretty sick in themselves. I was checking out the schedule yesterday: USA vs UK, Germany vs. Ghana, Portugal vs Brazil.

I'm prettyyy damn excited. I was hoping Venezuela would actually make it this year but :(. I REALLY want to see Ghana go all the way this year, but I also wouldn't mind seeing Brazil/or Ronaldinho have SOME KIND of redemption D:

Ronaldinho won't be in the World Cup, he wasn't selected. The new Brasil coach uses more European counter attacking style of play.

Can't wait to see what happens at this years tourney. It is pretty wide open but Spain and Brasil are the favorites thus far. There has never been a World Cup where the host country has not advanced to the knockout stage, but South Africa is pretty horrendous so who knows this time around.

o.o?

He's on the provisional team. I didn't Brazil selected their World Cup line-up yet.

TO THE GOOGLES.

Snap. Owned:

Goalkeepers: Julio Cesar (Inter Milan), Gomes (Tottenham Hotspur), Victor (Gremio)

Defenders: Maicon (Inter Milan), Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Alex (Chelsea), Juan (AS Roma), Lucio (Bayern Munich), Luisao (Benfica), Kleber (Internacional), Andre Santos (Corinthians).

Midfielders: Anderson (Manchester United), Gilberto Silva (Panathinaikos), Josue (VfL Wolfsburg), Ramires (Cruzeiro), Elano (Manchester City), Felipe Melo (Fiorentina), Julio Baptista (AS Roma), Kaka (AC Milan)

Forwards: Alexandre Pato (AC Milan), Luis Fabiano (Sevilla), Nilmar (Internacional), Robinho (Manchester City).

Would any of you OCR people be interested in a fantasy football world cup game? Its free to play, and is always highly entertaining. I did quite well in 2006, winning one league and coming second in another.

If you wanna play you can register here:

http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/M/home.mc

We could create an OCR league and see who's got what it takes to be the special one MkII. The original 'special one' is this guy for those who don't get the reference:

England v USA is where its at: We are gonna beat you fuckin Yanks ;-) But as for the World Cup winner? Apart from England, I'm gonna probably root for Spain or Argentina to win. Brazil's World Cup squad looks very interesting too though. Oh and who saw the Homer Simpson cameo after meeting Cristiano Ronal'Doh? I weren't expecting that for sure. The Kobe Bryant cameo was another one too.

Whoops links here:

Rama your saying you got Owned right? (Ronaldinho is missing from your list)

Dunga did not select Pato or Ronaldinho for the final 23.

Here is the 23-man squad as reported at ESPN:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/785217/ce/uk/?cc=5901&ver=us

Brazil squad:

Goalkeepers: Julio Cesar (Inter Milan), Doni (Roma), Heurelho Gomes (Tottenham)

Defenders: Maicon (Inter Milan), Dani Alves (Barcelona), Lucio (Inter Milan), Juan (Roma), Luisao (Roma), Thiago Silva (AC Milan), Gilberto (Cruzeiro), Michel Bastos (Lyon)

Midfielders: Gilberto Silva (Panathinaikos), Felipe Melo (Juventus), Josue (Wolfsburg), Elano (Galatasaray), Ramires (Benfica), Kleberson (Flamengo), Kaka (Real Madrid), Julio Baptista (Roma)

Forwards: Robinho (Santos/Manchester City), Nilmar (Villarreal), Luis Fabiano (Sevilla), Grafite (Wolfsburg).

• 2 weeks later...

As usual, I'll be going for Argentina. ...I'm just dreading that moment when they choke in quarters/semis, 'cause it always happens...

I usually make my picks as to which teams I like in the first week or so of play, with some exceptions (a few teams which I never like, and a few which I'll usually support). KF

well, I'm watching the opening show, and I see Juanes playing with Taboo (WTF!) from black eyed peas. pretty akward. :|

UPDATE: OH NOES!!! terrorists playing on stage?!?! LoL. now, theres an arab band playing, its funny cuz theyre all wearing arab clothing, some of them even have their faces covered in veils. lol.

the band is called tinariwen, heres a video of them:

UPDATE2: now Alicia Keys is singing. she's hot! (as usual)

Of course I'd like to see the US do well, but gogo South Korea!

Also, didn't you start the last World Cup thread too Deathtank?

yeah, too bad a lot of the members back then aren't right now, like Portugalisimo eterno, the italian guy (cant remember his nickname), and others. :sad: