Sign in to follow this  
Deathtank

South Africa World Cup 2010!

2ezso4l.jpg

And so glorious nippon got it's first ever win in a WC.

Netherlands played mediocre but a win is a win. Hoping for Japan to make it to the second round too.

I don't think it's their first World Cup victory - the announcer here said it was their first on foreign soil though.

Yea, they won 2 in the Korea/Japan WC in...2002?

Yeah, but I think the announcer still may be off... South Korean team matches were in Japan, and Japan team matches were in South Korea, during the group stages, if I remember right. KF

Typical Italy right here. (Watch them dive their way to the finals though)

i have to admit i was impressed by Italy today. They played respectful. They played a little rough and took there hits without crying and diving like crazy. I usually am not a fan of Italy because how they usually play but today i liked them.

I've got to admit, that NK defence is a brick wall. Ridiculously dense and organized.

The commentator brought up a rumour that they wouldn't play the match in pyongyang unless NK won, obviously denied by their coaching staff. I'm just glad they probably won't get to play South Korea.

2ed9wtc.jpg

대한민국 화이팅!!!

;_;

Good match though, S. Korea was playing pretty crap for the first half but they had their moments in the earlier parts of the second half with some good chances at an equalizer. Tapered off at the end unfortunately.

They should win against Nigeria though!

I didn't watch the game (sleep schedule wonky atm), but looking at the score...I'm kinda glad I didn't :-( .

My god, the game against CIV, what a boring ass display from my team (Portugal), I keep cringing over the fucking hype that comes around everytime the WC comes around, Portugal just isn't that great a team, no matter how you slice it. :|

Gee, Mexico has just blown out France. I think the competition is over for us. :???:

terrible chemistry this time around, sir. great individual talent but very poorly coached. they looked even more underwhelming today than they did against uruguay. oh well

I'm trying to enjoy some of the World Cup, I really am. Dives like this are pretty lame though and make it hard to respect:

Dumb decision to fake the kick like that, but that's just sad.

Will be watching tomorrow morning's US match, though!

Germany ;_;

The referee was pretty bad though, with the amount of bookings he was flinging around. Germany would've had this no problem if it was still 11v11. Oh and Podolski misses like three good chances and a penalty kick. Terrible.