The Dual Dragons - Mortal Confrontation!

So... we love Mortal Kombat, decided to do a ReMake, and here it is!

Actually we finished this one quite some time ago, but got a little lazy on actually releasing it.

It's one of our personal favorites of what we've done.

It contains Frank Johansen's wicked Vocals. Hope it is enjoyed...

1.MortalKombatBanner.jpg

http://www.thedualdragons.com/Dual%20Dragons%20Music/Mortal%20Confrontation.mp3

We might make a video too, already tried but horrible lack of quality footage of Scorpion and Sub-Zero fighting. Oh well.. ENJOY! YEAH!!

This is pretty good. I can hear some production value. One thing I noticed is that you set the compression too high to get it louder (I can hear it soft clipping, which is a bummer). The drums are arranged, and they sound it. Nothing bad there, just maybe a little more velocity and humanization changes could be made to give it that rock drummer feel. The guitars might be a smidge loud as well, but nothing unbearable there. The vocals are a nice touch, and the delay/verb setting suits it well. The bass is a little muddy and I can't quite hear what it's doing, but I know it's there. Maybe a little cut around 1500-200 Hz would clear it up (or a boost at 1K to give it more definition). All in all, it's a decent track that suits the theme well. Good job guys :-)

This is pretty good. I can hear some production value. One thing I noticed is that you set the compression too high to get it louder (I can hear it soft clipping, which is a bummer). The drums are arranged, and they sound it. Nothing bad there, just maybe a little more velocity and humanization changes could be made to give it that rock drummer feel. The guitars might be a smidge loud as well, but nothing unbearable there. The vocals are a nice touch, and the delay/verb setting suits it well. The bass is a little muddy and I can't quite hear what it's doing, but I know it's there. Maybe a little cut around 1500-200 Hz would clear it up (or a boost at 1K to give it more definition). All in all, it's a decent track that suits the theme well. Good job guys :-)

Hi, glad you like it!

We often go for the more Pantera mix between bass and guitars where they unify into one sound. But in large section of the tune the bass is very present as the main focus in the backing.

The drums are in your face just the way we want it, we love it when it's played very tight. We could make it more 'human' in every little detail, but we prefer not to. We don't see the negative in doing and making sounds that aren't always natural to perform in real. The magic of computer composing ;)

Holy shit, Dan. This is amazing. The guitar performance is crazy good. I don't think I've ever heard you play that fast, and it doesn't sound mechanical at all. The synths sound great, as usual. They have a very analog feel and it fits perfectly with the song. The production is really clean, the arrangement is awesome... quality remix guys. :)

Holy shit, Dan. This is amazing. The guitar performance is crazy good. I don't think I've ever heard you play that fast, and it doesn't sound mechanical at all. The synths sound great, as usual. They have a very analog feel and it fits perfectly with the song. The production is really clean, the arrangement is awesome... quality remix guys. :)

Thanks pal! Long time no see, how's your own ReMix craziness going?!

OMFG is all I gots to say lol.

OMFG thanks for the comment back at you.. may metal take us all into the darkness! \m/