3DS: Friend Codes on First Page, OMG THE THIRD DIMENSION

The Damned

Well it's out now!

I just played through it, and I know almost nothing about the RE games, but it was pretty good. The graphics were great and it even made me jump a couple times, lol. I wish there was a way to just use gyro controls for the scanner and regular controls for aiming, though. Overall, it seems like a lot of fun.

I was worried at first about the 30 play limit, but the demo is fairly lengthy and 30 times is actually a lot, so I think it's okay. Unlimited would be better, but whatever.

After the success of 4 and 5, I don't see them going back the old-school 3rd person perspective and puzzles.

Kind of like Final Fantasy. "What we did recently sold well enough so never mind how we got here!"

RE4 and RE5 were fun enough but, honestly, if there is a part of any game these days that's not sheer torture to play then nothing stands out about the game! Remember returning to a mansion full of hunters? The basement in RE2? The hospital of RE3? All of RE:CV? Having RE themed nightmares when I was a kid was part of the immersion! Today's kids will never understand...

Edited by Garpocalypse

Added Gollgagh.

I Started playing RE4 once, but I found it frustrating. The controls were confusing and cumbersome and that intro village was way too hard; I couldn't make it past it. The graphics were great, and I'd like to give it another try, but I honestly prefer the 'shoot freaks of nature' gameplay than the 'shoot what look like normal villagers' thing. Call me a prude, but I'm just not a fan of standard zombie fare. Atrocities and Lovecraftian nightmares? Sure thing, they're going down. Zombies, not so much.

My god is this game pretty. Hard to believe the 3DS is pumping out those kinds of visuals.

There were definitely a few jumpy moments, but I can't say I felt particularly afraid, especially since I'm not fighting tooth and nail with the controls. Ideally in the final version there'll be less ammo, more psychological build-up and more intricate puzzle solving, because thus far it's feeling more RE5 and not enough RE4.

Hey Damned! Did I mention that your EVA defense was awesome!?

Cross thread pollination up ins.

My original comparison had more to do with fear factor and the idea that RE5 lacked that element than anything gameplay mechanic related. I didn't play through enough of RE or RE2 to make an accurate comparison to either of those, but I sure wouldn't want Revelations to TOTALLY resemble a game from 15 years ago. Gaming has evolved. Keep the general spirit, but apply new learning and all that.

The gang at 8-4 Play weren't particularly fond of the screwdriver puzzle, but I actually thought it was a pretty interesting concept for example. Heightens the immersion and all that. The scanning is an interesting idea as well I think, but having items just appear out of thin air is kind of jarring. The idea of the game going global with two separate arcs feels taken straight out of recent Call of Duty games(unless something did it first), and I appreciate that type of storytelling. I'm also appreciative of the fact that both difficulty modes hold different types of surprises(try to hang on to as many hand grenades as possible on hell mode by the way), and I hope that carries on in the complete final version.

I suspect RE 6's double main leads are the product of Capcom's inability to decide which of the two games in progress they would go with and just mashed them together into one big ball of testosterone. Not that I'm too worried about it.

Don't forget! They owe us Sherry! All Growed up and HawT! She should have been in RE5 but they decided to douche on us and made the big twist involve Jill instead...

If not, Chris and Leon is a neat matchup. I just hope that Steve stays dead!

needs moar master of unlocking

Hardly.

http://cdn1.gamepro.com/article_img/gamepro/189330-4-1.jpg

Re5 beta image that apparently everyone forgot about.

Anyone who was up on Wesker's reports was practically $hitting themselves when that image came out. And Jill's odd hair dye practically gave away what the twist should have been!

I downloaded Mighty Switch Force, giving WayForward another chance to wow me with a meatier game (after Shantae Risky's Revenge which was enjoyable if basic and NOT LONG ENOUGH) I was expecting something like Mega Man ZX buuuut :|

I got a "mission-based" "rescue all people (arrest all criminals) in a level (which is self-contained) as fast as you can to beat the high score (lowest time)" puzzle/platformer game. Though I wil say to it's credit, it can be rather inventive and the visuals are very good.

For the amount of praise the company gets, I would expect them to take their good concepts (in this case a helmet which makes blocks pull out or regress from the background) and make a deep game around them. I don't know how many people made this game but I think they could benefit from a larger team who would get a bigger game together.

I got VVVVVV at the same time as this and I much prefer VVVVVV, since it's a platformer built around a great concept (gravity manipulation and hopping around the screen through dimensional abnormalities) and gives you a world to play with it in.

If you get Mighty Switch Force, don't expect Mega Man ZX or even Mega Man 1. Goes without saying but the music is stellar, at least. Go virt!

Mighty Switch Force gets a 7.5 while VVVVVV gets a solid 8.5(would've given it a 8.9 but it loses some points due to it's non-functioning 'Flip Mode' which doesn't work on the 3DS version of the game and has not yet been patched).

Edited by ocre