3DS: Friend Codes on First Page, OMG THE THIRD DIMENSION

The Damned

i've had a 3ds for a month or so now and there's still no paper mario

why

This.

But seriously, for the games they currently have out, even on the eShop, there's no exciting reason to buy a 3DS. The games they're releasing aren't that exciting (Sorry, RE:R, I'm just not that into you). So far, all we have is filler until the *good* games come out.

This.

But seriously, for the games they currently have out, even on the eShop, there's no exciting reason to buy a 3DS. The games they're releasing aren't that exciting (Sorry, RE:R, I'm just not that into you). So far, all we have is filler until the *good* games come out.

i wouldn't say that, i see 5 good games out right now between mario, mario kart, zelda, starfox, and RE, not to mention street fighter being out and fun, dead and alive, and a few other smaller projects that are worth looking at.

plus kid icarus coming next month. i can't imagine anyone playing those games and running out of things to do before the aaaa titles start coming out

i wouldn't say that, i see 5 good games out right now between mario, mario kart, zelda, starfox, and RE, not to mention street fighter being out and fun, dead and alive, and a few other smaller projects that are worth looking at.

plus kid icarus coming next month. i can't imagine anyone playing those games and running out of things to do before the aaaa titles start coming out

there's also pushmo and mutant mudds on the eshop. those are pretty fun.

Honestly, if they don't show anything I find worthwhile for the 3DS, I'm probably going to sell the thing off.

I'm eagerly waiting to play Luigi's Mansion 2, and probably picking up Snake Eater 3D, but other than that, I really don't see any incentive to keep this thing at least for right now...

Honestly, if they don't show anything I find worthwhile for the 3DS, I'm probably going to sell the thing off.

I'm eagerly waiting to play Luigi's Mansion 2, and probably picking up Snake Eater 3D, but other than that, I really don't see any incentive to keep this thing at least for right now...

But why would you sell it? You already bought it, just pack it away until a game you really want does come out. Besides, there are plenty of good games for the 3DS, and the really good stuff is still on its way.

that seems like a pretty unintelligent idea

seeing as you'll sell it for like 40 dollars and if you ever want another one it'll still be over 100

that seems like a pretty unintelligent idea

seeing as you'll sell it for like 40 dollars and if you ever want another one it'll still be over 100

I think that's your incentive for keeping it.

But why would you sell it?

Let's re-read this bit shall we?

if they don't show anything I find worthwhile for the 3DS, I'm probably going to sell the thing off.

I'm eagerly waiting to play Luigi's Mansion 2, and probably picking up Snake Eater 3D, but other than that, I really don't see any incentive to keep this thing at least for right now..

I didn't say I was going to sell it anytime soon. All I said is that so far for myself, I haven't seen a very large amount to keep my interest in the thing.

I don't doubt they'll show games at E3. Thank God they announced a 2-D Mario game for it, since I didn't really care much for Super Mario 3D Land. But if there's not much I see from the show I'd want to pick up, well, it'll at least be a good paperweight. :wink:

On the new games front, I got Tales of the Abyss today. I decided to get it since I didn't get to finish the PS2 one way back when and I can take this one anywhere.

The visuals are decent (don't expect silky smooth models or very impressive use of 3D). This is pretty much the PS2 game made portable with a bit of 3D implemented. The most significant change is the drastically reduced load times, which are pretty much instantaneous here. I recommend headphones to get the most out of the music and voice acting. Having fun with it. And it promises to be a pretty lengthy game! If you didn't get very far in the original PS2 version and you liked Tales of Symphonia, I think it's safe to say you'll probably like this one. :3

Edited by ocre

Well, I got my 3DS the day it came out, but didn't have any games to play online. THAT HAS CHANGED.

Picked up Mario Kart 7. Only a few cups in, all 50cc, so I really don't have much of a feel for it yet. But I should be around to play sporadically for the next couple weeks.

Also, ditto pretty much everything ocre said on Tales of the Abyss (although I did finish the PS2 version). Pretty straight port of an excellent game.

Oh, and my Code: 1418-6758-9268. I've added everyone.

All right.

Something I've learned about MGS demoes: They are weird. The whole stealth thing? Yeah, it didn't really work for me. I just ran past the guys and punched them in the face and killed a crocodile. Then, while everyone was chasing me and shooting at me, I left the area and a cutscene happened and everything was cool again.

I honestly have mixed feelings about Snake Eater 3D. I don't want to bother wasting money on the Circle Pad Pro until I see games other than like what, 5 for it? Before the inevitable redesign that'll come out.

Other than that, the game was okay. So stupid that the 3D effect goes off when I'm in first person mode and aiming in crawl stance.

Yeah... As opposed to the RE: Revelations demo, I'm really not feeling the love with the MGS demo... I hope the demo isn't indicative of the final version's quality, because I have some serious issues, chiefly the terribad framerate and the goofy controls.

Why are you making me BALANCE the bloody system when I'm already having a hard enough time fighting with the camera!? Maybe it's just me, but I don't really feel compelled to move while aiming in this type of game, so I'd much prefer if they'd just let me aim with the movement stick when I have the aim button held down. Remember when games used to let you do that, guys?

I do like the nuances here and there though, although I never played Subsistence extensively so I can't tell if they're just carry overs from that revision, although I'm pretty sure the touch mechanic for the sensors is new, and that's a nice touch.

Still, even though Metal Gear Solid 3 is an awesome game, MGS 3DS gets a tentative from me.

• 2 weeks later...

So I grabbed Resident Evil: Revelations earlier today. Capcom wasn't kidding when they said this game is a near console experience. I'm pretty impressed with what they've managed to achieve with the game. I'm only 2 "episodes" in, but I'm enjoying the tense feeling on the ocean liner and the plot filling they're doing thus far.

Don't know how the online works since I haven't gotten into it yet, but assuming we can all get some playing going, then let's!

Edit - And now I can't sleep. X-/

Edited by Malaki-LEGEND.sys

Dillon's Rolling Western impressions!

This game is pretty fun so far. Many of you might have already seen the preview on the Nintendo Direct video, but: it's a tower defense game with an emphasis on/twist of 3rd person action (with an upgradable tower/equipment system) and you have to protect the livestock of different villages through 3 waves of marauding rock monsters.

Some may be turned off to find out that the game is controlled primarily with a stylus (Directional movement is handled with the Circle Pad, and you have to drag your stylus in the opposite direction you want to go and release to give Dillon a boost in his ball form; sounds a lot worse than it is. So far in my playthrough there's no use of the 3DS's face buttons) though I've had very little annoyance in the controls. The combat is fun if a little repetitive(so far I can roll into enemies, grind enemies after a roll and perform combo claw attacks) and enemy behavior and your attack options get more varied as the game goes on.

Each village(map) has to be defended for three days (which is further divided in half- a daytime and a dusk. During the day, there are no marching enemies, and you're free to explore the map and gather resources. You have to collect 'scruffles' (they look like turnips) in order to bolster the amount of livestock the village has. You can find mines on the map and in those rooms you can attack/grind on rocks in order to glean ores and gems which you can either sell for more gold or fortify your town gates. The daytime is a mad rush(some reviewers complain there's not enough time to 'do everything' but I completely disagree; the game intends for you to hustle and I feel there's plenty of time to do that) to get all your towers ready and turn in your resources into the town (where you can actually sell and fortify the flock) while night time is where the tower defense portion of the game comes into play. The town will be locked down and your enemies will spill forth from their 'den' locations, and your towers(divided into shotgun:close range, gatling gun-mid-range, and cannon-long range/powerful) will go to work. Also on each map there are 3 "ruins" (which you open up Metroid Prime Morph Ball Door style) where you either collect high-gold-yield gems or Zelda-esque heart pieces. (One thing to keep in mind is that you can build up a Combo by grinding on enemies continuously, which yields better ore and bigger gold rewards) For that reason, I've been doing combat by grinding each enemy consecutively while avoiding getting attacked. You can also get better ore this way when you mine. There's also the option to 'claw attack' which will kill your enemy or ore pile faster, but you don't get as much resource for it.

I've made it up to village 7(haven't started it yet) and so far there have been a lot of new enemy type (and even environmental) introductions to keep things interesting. In one of the maps, you have to buy dynamite in order to cross a bridge and get easier access to some enemies/resources, as well as a giant tower enemy that (when a timer expires) will destroy your towers one by one. There's a map called 'Fort Denial' which is a 3-tiered mountain with a ton of mud (that Dillon can't roll through on your initial playthrough; so you have to walk through it, though there are non-mud paths that you can roll through as usual) and it was incredibly rewarding to tackle it and succeed at guarding the village. Then, in the next map (which doesn't feature mud :3) they introduce another enemy that can jump up onto the next tier from the ground (as opposed to following a predictable path, as the other grocks do).

Another thing that amazed me about the game is that it takes up very little space on my SD card (374 blocks) but offers a ton of content (as opposed to Mighty Switch Force which takes up a HUGE amount of space(1,617 blocks) and has kind of shallow gameplay offerings; though that game isn't quite as expensive as Dillon's Rolling Western- $9.99.)

Definitely worth the purchase, in my book.

Edited by ocre