3DS: Friend Codes on First Page, OMG THE THIRD DIMENSION

The Damned

They haven't so far because they were offered as an apology to those that bought the system before the price drop in the first place. It hasn't even been a year since the price drop and even less of a year since the GBA games have become available for Ambassadors. I'm sure after a year, if Nintendo feels like they need to dangle some carrots for those who haven't bought a system yet they may bring them to the public. I'd keep my eyes peeled after retail 3DS games themselves hit the eShop.

Edited by ocre

They haven't so far because they were offered as an apology to those that bought the system before the price drop in the first place. It hasn't even been a year since the price drop and even less of a year since the GBA games have become available for Ambassadors. I'm sure after a year, if Nintendo feels like they need to dangle some carrots for those who haven't bought a system yet they may bring them to the public. I'd keep my eyes peeled after retail 3DS games themselves hit the eShop.

i mean that's great but they also were given out for free i'm sure they'll have people paying at least 5-8 dollars for them so it's not like the ambassadors are getting a bad deal here

i just hate the ambassadors who act entitled about the games when nintendo didn't have to offer them anything and didn't force them to buy it at launch price.

it's childish, really. so you have a few exclusive games because you bought the system early, whoop-de-doo. so nintendo's slowly releasing those games on eshop for the public to play, whoop-de-doo.

i just hate the ambassadors who act entitled about the games when nintendo didn't have to offer them anything and didn't force them to buy it at launch price.

it's childish, really. so you have a few exclusive games because you bought the system early, whoop-de-doo. so nintendo's slowly releasing those games on eshop for the public to play, whoop-de-doo.

I hope you weren't referring to me there. I don't think I'm acting entitled, just want to be able to transfer the games over.

The ambassador games are some really great games, but honestly, I haven't played more than 30 minutes of any of them. Not to say that I've never played them, it was just on their original platform. I've probably played short bursts of Balloon Fight the most. So while they are nice to have, I would have never purchased them again. (but that's just cynical old me.)

I hope you weren't referring to me there. I don't think I'm acting entitled, just want to be able to transfer the games over.

no just some people on another forum i frequent who rage whenever the possibility of the ambassador games going on eshop are brought up

WE PAID THE EXTRA MONEY FOR THIS AND YOU PEOPLE MIGHT GET WHAT WE WORKED HARD FOR NINTENDO GAVE US THESE GAMES NOT YOU HOW DARE THEY TAKE THAT AWAY FROM US RAWRAWRAWRAWRAWR

The biggest issue for me - and I realize this is pretty trivial - is that I love the way the 3DS keeps count of your playtime for each title, and if I play the same game on a second system I lose that feature since I don't plan on transferring the system data. I'd have to add the playtimes from both systems together. Not to mention the online data is probably tied to the system, so I won't be able to play any online games on the XL.

That said, I'm still going to buy the XL if for no other reason than to continue building my collection. I guess it will be really nice for home-play, and I'm interested in seeing how the 3D is supposedly better.

Oh and I'm guessing you're not an ambassador, Mirby? ;)

The thing about the Ambassador games is that they're not really that big a deal. There are maybe five out of the twenty that are worth playing at all. The rest are throw-away games that wouldn't do that well on the e-Shop if they sold them there.

Oh, you want to know which five games I mean? Nope, that's a secret. Only Ambassadors get to know that. :<

Letting everyone pay for what you got for free isn't going to magically dissolve whatever imaginary status you got for being an early adopter. You will still have the games for free (no, you didn't get them as compensation, they were free. It doesn't equate to having the money back in your pocket, you are still out the cost of a pre-cut 3DS), and everyone can still play them just fine without feeling like they were cheated somehow.

So the Rhythm Thief demo dropped today. Really awesome, very enjoyable. The sense of humor is great, the music's not too bad, and the 3D effect is good (though distracting when I'm trying to focus on the music). I'll definitely be picking this up on the tenth. :3

For those who are curious, here's my scores.

R01 - Showtime

___Perfect_________X_37

___Great___________X_7

___Good____________X_2

___Harsh___________X_0

___Combo___________X_46

_Total__________66700_pt(s)

_Rank_____________A

---------------------------

R02 - Looting_the_Louvre

___Perfect_________X_32

___Great___________X_6

___Good____________X_0

___Harsh___________X_0

___Combo___________X_38

_Total__________52500_pt(s)

_Rank_____________A

---------------------------

R04 - Battle_Diabolique

___Perfect_________X_41

___Great___________X_13

___Good____________X_11

___Harsh___________X_4

___Combo___________X_25

_Total__________63000_pt(s)

_Rank_____________A

Edited by Mirby

...they feel literally exactly the same. i played both within a month of each other there's no difference at all.

I think Arrow might be one of the many who have an issue with the 'baby Yoshi' sfx they imported from Yoshi's Story for the GBA Yoshi's Island. I agree though that the games are virtually identical otherwise.

I think Arrow might be one of the many who have an issue with the 'baby Yoshi' sfx they imported from Yoshi's Story for the GBA Yoshi's Island. I agree though that the games are virtually identical otherwise.

I had not played Yoshi's Island since on the SNES when it came out, and I didn't even notice the Yoshi's Story SFX they added. I prefer the original SFX when compared back to back, but it doesn't change the game play.

On a side note, I remember being so damn excited for Yoshi's Story, and then being really crushed.