Jillian Aversa Performs on God of War, Concert Tour, Touhou Arrange Album!

Liontamer

Jillian Aversa Performs on God of War: Ghost of Sparta, Game Music Laboratory Concert Tour and Touhou Zerokyo Kitan Arrange Album!

January 28, 2011

FAIRFAX, VA - Vocalist, songwriter, OC ReMixer and judge Jillian Aversa (a.k.a. "pixietricks") today announced her role in three major video game-related musical projects: God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP), the Touhou Zerokyo Kitan ~ Sophisticated Insanity arrange album by Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3 composer Hiroki Kikuta, and Game Music Laboratory, a concert tour in cities across Japan this February.

Ghost of Sparta, the fifth entry into the God of War series and its second handheld iteration, has met with widespread critical acclaim. Working with one of the series' composers, Mike Reagan, Jillian lent her voice to "Aroania Mountains," performing in a mixed operatic and 'demonic' style for the titular level's music. She explains,

"My voice was intended to represent the character of Erinys, daughter of Thanatos, the God of Death. She's very evil, so Mike asked me to layer the singing part with hissing and spooky whispers. If you listen to the cue in-game or on the soundtrack, you'll hear those sounds sizzling underneath!" (

.)

Following the release of Ghost of Sparta comes the announcement of a non-video game, but very much video game music-related project: Touhou Zerokyo Kitan ~ Sophisticated Insanity, the work of legendary composer Hiroki Kikuta. A tribute to a variety of games from the well-known Touhou Project series, the album features Jillian's originals lyrics and vocal performances on three iterations of the song "Never Ending Night." CD pre-orders are currently available at www.zerokyo.com, with further distribution details to be announced.

"I've always been a huge fan of Mr. Kikuta's music, so you can imagine how excited I was to work with him on this project," Jillian says. "I was asked to write lyrics for the song, based on the game Imperishable Night. Kikuta-san then created the arrangement and vocal parts for me to record." (

.)

Jillian will be performing "Never Ending Night" - along with pieces from Chocobo Racing and the recent Shining Hearts soundtrack - as a featured vocalist in the Japanese concert series Game Music Laboratory this February. The event is designed to showcase composers and performers in the video game music scene, including Mr. Kikuta, Kota Hoshino (Armored Core series), Yu Shimoda (Mega Man 9 & 10), Kenji Ito (Romancing SaGa series), Hiroaki Yura (Eminence Symphony Orchestra director & first chair violin), and many more. Performances are scheduled for February 6th in Tokyo, February 8th in Osaka (panel roundtable), and in Sapporo, Hokkaido on the 13th.

"I can't tell you how excited I am to be given this opportunity," she beams. "It's an experience that I will always treasure."

Jillian's previous vocal credits include Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Christopher Tin's debut album Calling All Dawns, and over a dozen video game remixes. She has also released two original albums and is currently working on a third with husband and fellow OC ReMixer, zircon (Andrew Aversa).

About OverClocked ReMix

Founded in 1999, OverClocked ReMix is an organization dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of video game music as an art form. Its primary focus is ocremix.org, a website featuring thousands of free fan arrangements, information on game music and composers, resources for aspiring artists, and a thriving community of video game music fans.

###

Links

Thanks, guys! We arrived safely to Japan yesterday, and finally got a good night's sleep. ^_^ The weather is beautiful here in Tokyo (sunny and in the 40s), and the Hanzomon neighborhood where we're staying is quite charming. Still getting our bearings, but we'll be going out tonight for some fun. Right now, I'm just practicing music. :D

• 3 weeks later...