OCR02206 - The Ninja Warriors "Crispy Crimson"

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm kinda...unsatisfied by this. There's this gigantic build-up for the first minute, and when you think that it's finally going to let loose and turn into epic shreddage with a double bassline, you just get more slow stuff (starting at ~1:10).

It does pick up some energy around 1:40, but it's still not what I expected. 3:20 onwards is more in line with what I wanted out of this.

Good song, just not my cup of coffee.

• 6 months later...

Stemage, always one to remember more for the awesome Metroid covers and crazy rhythm-based playing styles.

Even with something as obscure as The Ninja Warriors, he manages to find ways to expand on the source and provide more of a groove-driven bolt towards a more onimous source material. And in a very similar fashion to the Metroid Metal material, there's so much in regards to the rhythm work that manages to keep the track fresh and engaging throughout. The transition to the title theme at the 3 minute mark was also very smooth going, and even with such a short source so much was done to give it a lot of substance and melody that really works well with the style.

Writing-wise, there's no way that I can fault Stemage's showmanship with all the little details in place and expansions taken to the source material. The production definitely worked with his playing style too, maybe slightly tinny for peoples' tastes but it all comes down to the listening setup.

All in all, a very enjoyable track from Stemage. Now, please do what your namesake implies and see if you can get a Metroid track posted here too :razz:

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, man, that intro is hard-hitting as all hell. The lead guitar melody is absolutely amazing and those chords remind me of another song that I can't name at the moment. That change at around 1:35 was epic. The transition later on would spot-on and sounded great. Not a fan of the ending, but that's just a preference thing, cause it still sounded good. Gotta say, I enjoyed this one, and it needs to be repeated, that intro was gold.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02206 - The Ninja Warriors "Crispy Crimson"