Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

So we're back to making Lava Reef/Hidden Palace a single song now? I mean between Nuts' mix & Snapple's idea, that seems to be the answer. If so just announce it so I can stop working on my Hidden Palace exclusive mix.

Well, it's only natural progression. The two songs are back to back, and are pretty much the same song only arrangements of one another. I'm planning to have a nice seperation of the two, so it's not just one structure.

As much as I like to trash my own work (for good reason most of the time), I'm honestly putting out 1000% towards making the stuff I do on this album the best I can possibly do. I expect everyone else to do the same :)! And so far, I'm happy to say that I'm seeing it happen! Alot of you are being very critical of not only eachothers, but your own individual work, and that's the absolute most important thing this project needs!

Keep up the good work people!

sounds like a firm idea Snapple, but what if people prefer to hear the lava reef and hidden palace interpretations as separate MP3s? o_O

[EDIT: While I'm here, I'm saying that after my exams are clear (May 9th) I will spend some time polishing up most of my work-in-progress mixes as well as steadily work on some piano backlogs to gradually submit over the vacation. In that case, I want you to put me in for a big, BIG maybe on the Competition Menu. Please? ;)]

sounds like a firm idea Snapple, but what if people prefer to hear the lava reef and hidden palace interpretations as separate MP3s? o_O

Yeah.

I, for example, have a strong belief that they should be split into seperate mixes...

Actually, I believe the same thing.

How about this? Snapple does the Lava Reef/Hidden Palace mix, and Joker does the exclusive Hidden Palace mix.

Would it really be that bad to hear the same track done twice?

How about this? Snapple does the Lava Reef/Hidden Palace mix, and Joker does the exclusive Hidden Palace mix.

What would Sir Nuts think? :whatevaa:

You're right. It would be unfair to have two versions of the same track, but not of other tracks.

The number of remixers involved in this project is getting so large, maybe there should be a "Plutonium Edition" like with RoFL.

Hey everyone, just showing you a quick WIP of carnival nights. Its Hadyn's track. I asked him if i could do the drums for him, and he said yes :)

Obviously there are a few issues here

.The strings are a bit too loud.

.Some of the Drums need just a little bit more EQing, specially in the high ends.

.Some of the hi-hats and crashes need to go.

Enjoy so far! We should have more for you guys soon :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/carpetmonstermusic.htm

Well, I look at it this way, Lava Reef and Hidden palace are the same song, just different arrangements of the same composition, just like any other zone. But, I think Norrin (he'll be doing most of the work on the track, I'm just laying down drums for him) will not mind leading one into the other, like I am with Final Boss/Doomsday, and release it as two tracks.

yeah, that can be fair but I think the reason why they are defined as seperate is because they have totally different melody lines in spite of sharing the same syncopated synth background motif. Interesting that you both will manage to adapt to the one-track-lead-into-another approach, just in case :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe the only thing they have in common is one background synth, and that does not constitute them being the same song...

That's my opinion, anyway. I just have no idea why people think they're the same... The chord progression, the mood, the everything - it's so different between the two ^^;

Hey everyone, just showing you a quick WIP of carnival nights. Its Hadyn's track. I asked him if i could do the drums for him, and he said yes :)

Obviously there are a few issues here

.The strings are a bit too loud.

.Some of the Drums need just a little bit more EQing, specially in the high ends.

.Some of the hi-hats and crashes need to go.

Enjoy so far! We should have more for you guys soon :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/carpetmonstermusic.htm

Oh, and yeah, awesome work so far mate :D

You know, I have %100 confidence that my Hidden Palace mix would stand up really well to both Nuts & Snapples mixes. It's just theres so many soundfonts & compositonal things it's been taking forever to render. I keep aborting in the middle cause I keep having to do things with my comp. I'll probably end up exporting each individual track into a wav file then compiling the song with my seldom used audio mixer. But I'll keep trying to get it uoploaded.

And I completely agree on Hidden Palace & Lave Reef being two very different songs. Kinda like a Movie OST has a common theme but different takes on said theme. My Hidden Palace mix is more like an adventure movie set in a Mayan temple. While I could see Lava Reef as a rock mix, I just don't see Hidden Palace as one. It's more ambient & groove based. A guitar situated with eihter a trace like or symphonic like instumentation would be more suiting IMO.

P.S On a side note I'd be more than willing to send a zipped file to anyone who thinks their computer could render it faster than my own. Provided you use FL studio 5.

Okay people, I know this is moving a bit fast, but we got some more people signing up to do tracks. No names till they decide if they're in or not.

I'm confident that we'll get a nice assortment of styles and genres, and since we are getting a wide variety of people (not just OCR regulars), I'm also confident in a good turnout of songs.

I'd like to ask the people who have something completed (WIP or finished song) to send it to me on AIM (SNKFreak) over the course of the week. I'd like to know where the project stands as a whole, so we can work towards starting an official project thread in the Site Projects forum as soon as possible.

Also, it would be really cool if we can all arrange some kind of group chat sessions, either on IRC, AIM or whatever else is accessible to most of us. That way, we can all exchange tracks in private, comment on eachothers work, and not have everything out in the open for the whole world to see and hear our music before it's even completed.

Anyone with ideas, questions, or threats should PM me or contact me on AIM.

You know, I have %100 confidence that my Hidden Palace mix would stand up really well to both Nuts & Snapples mixes. It's just theres so many soundfonts & compositonal things it's been taking forever to render. I keep aborting in the middle cause I keep having to do things with my comp. I'll probably end up exporting each individual track into a wav file then compiling the song with my seldom used audio mixer. But I'll keep trying to get it uoploaded.

And I completely agree on Hidden Palace & Lave Reef being two very different songs. Kinda like a Movie OST has a common theme but different takes on said theme. My Hidden Palace mix is more like an adventure movie set in a Mayan temple. While I could see Lava Reef as a rock mix, I just don't see Hidden Palace as one. It's more ambient & groove based. A guitar situated with eihter a trace like or symphonic like instumentation would be more suiting IMO.

P.S On a side note I'd be more than willing to send a zipped file to anyone who thinks their computer could render it faster than my own. Provided you use FL studio 5.

Just record the song...hit the little record button on the bottom of the FL mixer, save the file, press the record button next to the play button at the top and let the song play though. Rendering sucks if you use lots of samples and stuff.

I'd like to ask the people who have something completed (WIP or finished song) to send it to me on AIM (SNKFreak) over the course of the week. I'd like to know where the project stands as a whole, so we can work towards starting an official project thread in the Site Projects forum as soon as possible.

Also, it would be really cool if we can all arrange some kind of group chat sessions, either on IRC, AIM or whatever else is accessible to most of us. That way, we can all exchange tracks in private, comment on eachothers work, and not have everything out in the open for the whole world to see and hear our music before it's even completed.

Anyone with ideas, questions, or threats should PM me or contact me on AIM.

I was thinking the same thing. All I have is MSN but I'm usually not on. We also have a private forum([seems to have died])(the link is always in my sig). As for sending you the WIP/remix, I'll just give you a link sometime later this week.

Wow. A lot happened while I was without net access for a week.

I couldn't even find the thread at first. For a second, I was scared it got locked and deleted.

Anyway, after a lot of thought and effort, I have come to the conclusion that should have been obvious before I even started:

I'm not good enough to do this song justice. Every time I try to fix a problem, the song comes out worse for the effort. So I would like to announce that I am no longer working on Sky Sanctuary. (After all the fuss I made to get Sith to put me on the front page.)

I'll still be hanging around the thread providing WIP commentary, though. Until I get chased off with pitchforks.