OCR00572 - Jurassic Park (NES) "everything remains jurassic"

orkybash

Jurassic Park (NES) 'everything remains jurassic'

I believe this remix was part of the "First Annual Fresh Baked Remix Competition..." or was it another one of po's... at any rate, po does what he does best here - groovy drums, jazzy bassline, and just general ass kickage. My only complaint is that the ending sounds like it cuts off, but that's minor in the face of a solid mix. What's that mean? It means hit "Download" now.

• 1 month later...

This is sweet. Po! have made a kind of Hip-Hop-stylish remix of Jurassic Park. I can't really let go when I starts to listen to this. I remember one time, I listened to it for like 15 minutes.

I really recommend this. Come on nod your head!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Comic Bakery, anyone?
I was randomly listening to this, and the melody instantly reminded me of Comic Bakery. Nice to see I'm not the only one who thought that.

It's not really a mere reminder; Dunn clearly cribbed part of the source tune from Comic Bakery. Good stuff on his part with that homage though.

I should have commented on this one 3 years ago when I first heard it, as this was one of those mixes that showed me there were other gems in the scene from games I'd never played. Nice work by Posu slowing this down and making it pretty chill. I wonder if he knew of the Comic Bakery connection himself. This should inadventantly appeal to fans of the Commodore scene as well.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I wasn't too impressed when I heard the exposed clav for the first few seconds, but as the track built, I was feeling it a bit more. The beat is solid and the bass is excellent, but I don't think the lead is as good as it could have been.

It really sounds like the soundfield is missing something, most likely some rhymes, but as a backing track, it's pretty solid. Just needs a hook.

Well crafted, but seemingly incomplete.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Both the starting beat and the freely repeating synth forming it are infectious (and why not? They're present every step of the way and are the last things we hear in this mix). Distinct vibes enter alongside the different players, particularly the industrial drums, fluttery effects (panned right), and Far Eastern lead (enters at 0:44, then plays a higher key at 1:16). It all feels distant like a setting sun, while at the same time old and worn like a collection of fossils. And still grooveable.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

This took too long, ~45 seconds, to get to the good stuff in my opinion. And even then it's just an Eastern instrument (Koto?) carrying the melody over some beats. Granted, I do like the Eastern instrumentation, but that alone just isn't really enough to make this interesting. Ultimately overall, it's just o.k. There are definitely better things here on OCR but also worse things, too.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00572 - Jurassic Park (NES) "everything remains jurassic"