Assassin's Creed III: The American Revolution?

Moomba

Why would it be female? Just out of curiosity... does ANY of the story throughout the first 9 games lead to a female assassin as the main character in this one?

Sort of. During the end segments of Brotherhood, a new female character who would be central to Desmond's quest was mentioned as someone he'd meet soon. So far, the most important characters in each of the games has been the Assassin, so it seemed like an interesting possibility to have a female ancestor for a change.

But yes, a male character does make sense given the rest of the story so far. Strong female leads are cool though :(

Sort of. During the end segments of Brotherhood, a new female character who would be central to Desmond's quest was mentioned as someone he'd meet soon. So far, the most important characters in each of the games has been the Assassin, so it seemed like an interesting possibility to have a female ancestor for a change.

But yes, a male character does make sense given the rest of the story so far. Strong female leads are cool though :(

Didn't Revelations come out after Brotherhood? Maybe she was in there.

I don't know I've only played 1 and 2, no spin offs.

I wonder if the main character is fighting on the American or British side. From what we've seen so far, he seems to be a rebel, but it could be that he is technically neutral, like in the first game (Altair was of Arab descent but killed members of both sides).

I wonder if the main character is fighting on the American or British side. From what we've seen so far, he seems to be a rebel, but it could be that he is technically neutral, like in the first game (Altair was of Arab descent but killed members of both sides).

The box art seems to suggest the American side and given that the options are the Imperialistic British Army vs Underdog Independence-minded Americans, it seems like it would be a given who the Assassins would side with (especially since the Church of England could be considered the Templars for the purpose of the game).

But yeah, I'm hoping for a more neutral stance like in the first game. I can imagine them going with something like the entire revolution being part of a great Templar master plan with agents on either side of the war.

Hmm... pistols, bow and arrows, and a hatchet... could be interesting gameplay. I feel somehow that the running across rooftops might be hindered somewhat in this setting...
hey wait guys i have a problem... there weren't alot of tall buildings in america in 1777 were there...?

Boston seemed pretty developed for the time. It's no Florence or Rome hey they were just getting started

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

characters n shit

Sometimes you don't need too. I thought revelations would be crap. When I got around to playing it

It was crap.

I enjoyed Revelations gameplay wise, though the whole bomb mechanic (fun though it was) seemed kind of pointless when I only used bombs once or twice - there was never really any demand for it.

The story was eh and completely unrevelationary, but I wasn't expecting anything from it really given that it was originally going to be a handheld spinoff but they suddenly decided to stick it on the consoles.

Except Revelations. I was expecting those. Misleading title right there.