Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History

Usa

Oopsie-daisy, I apologize if that's the case! I could give you a lame excuse that I'm fairly new to the project (and OCRemix in general), but I won't. =P

So there's a private forum too? Is it here on OCRemix or is it somewhere beyond the far reaches of the online universe, and you have to be blindfolded before someone takes you there, and then you're never allowed to leave, and you're doomed to live there and count WIPs forever and ever and EVER?!

In that case, I want in, please.

I don't know, I haven't tried it yet, perhaps I should. =P

Unfortunately, I'm not at home right now, so music-making will have to wait a few days. I am, however, pondering and contemplating my future remixes in my mind, I hope that counts too.

Edit:

One more thing!!!

We want:

-your track as a wav, aif, or other high-quality format

-info about the track, your thoughts about it and/or the source

-info about you, a brief bio, formal or informal

Does this still apply? Do I need to send a bio and some of my thoughts on the remix when I send in the .wav file?

Edited by Archangel

Yeah it applies. Why wouldn't it?

No hurry, tho the sooner the better. As long as we get them before the album is released, it's cool. Doesn't have to be long and detailed, it's not a resume, just some info on who the project's contributors are.

A word of warning: if we don't get a bio and stuff from you we'll just make crap up. ;)

--

Also, updated the list on the first post. Tooka track down, put two more up. I know, it looks as if we're progressing in the wrong direction (which technically is regressing), but it's just a couple of my own tracks that I can finish if nobody else completes their remixes of the tracks first.

That said, ppl, finish your tracks. Still lots of tracks sitting on the threshold and should just lean forward a little. My tracklist looks silly with so many tracks in an _almost_ finished state.

• 2 weeks later...
1-03 Ordinary People (semi-taken)

1-18 Don't Hunt the Fairy

2-20 Strange Medicine

2-21 Frenzy (bassline plz)

3-03 Secret of Mana

3-10 Electric Talk

3-11 Religion Thunder

3-19 Return to Forever

This is in regards to the parenthetical comments.

When you say "semi-taken", does that mean there's a person working on it who wants to collaborate with someone?

And for "bassline please", does that mean you want whoever does it to keep the bassline intact and not mess it up?

Just thought I'd ask for the sake of clarification. Btw, if these questions have already been asked, I apologize, as I have not read the entire thread.

This is in regards to the parenthetical comments.

When you say "semi-taken", does that mean there's a person working on it who wants to collaborate with someone?

And for "bassline please", does that mean you want whoever does it to keep the bassline intact and not mess it up?

Just thought I'd ask for the sake of clarification. Btw, if these questions have already been asked, I apologize, as I have not read the entire thread.

Semi-taken, as in interest expressed by a prolific remixer. Just got a wav from him, but he's gotta show me some progress on his second track before I let him fully claim his third, which is 103. So it might disappear from the list shortly. I left it on the list just in case he'd be slow and someone else would snatch it a complete a remix of it sooner than he would. That doesn't seem to be the case, tho. :D

221 has a cool remix already, but it takes the source in a different direction. I don't care if my remark leads to a second 221 remix or a remix that uses the bassline with another source as long as I get that bassline in the spotlight somehow. I like that bassline, 'nuf said. ;)

Are you a remixer, you wanna join the project?

Semi-taken, as in interest expressed by a prolific remixer. Just got a wav from him, but he's gotta show me some progress on his second track before I let him fully claim his third, which is 103. So it might disappear from the list shortly. I left it on the list just in case he'd be slow and someone else would snatch it a complete a remix of it sooner than he would. That doesn't seem to be the case, tho. :D

221 has a cool remix already, but it takes the source in a different direction. I don't care if my remark leads to a second 221 remix or a remix that uses the bassline with another source as long as I get that bassline in the spotlight somehow. I like that bassline, 'nuf said. ;)

Are you a remixer, you wanna join the project?

Nah, I was just curious, thanks for taking the time to answer. =) And I can understand liking the bassline. I've been a bass fanatic myself for awhile now. It's the reason I started learning electric bass (I used to only just play piano).

I can make music, I'm just not very good at arranging (adding my own twist). In other words, can do covers but not remixes. Also not yet used to working with VST and such, as I've spent most of my music-related time on either midi or playing real instruments. I'm only just recently trying to get into realistic samples and that sort of stuff.

I'm thinking of eventually trying to collaborate with someone on the forum for a non-project mix so that I can try to learn from them. Kinda like an apprentice. While I'd love to participate in a project someday, that day won't come for some time.

Anyway, thanks again for responding.

Done. How abouts you update this, birthday boy? :P

Here's some correction so the tracks have the same names as in the spc and rsn:

Strange Medicine

Secret of Mana

A few other tracks are mislabeled in the zophar spc and on youtube, but ignore them, these two links are the only available tracks with name issues. The rest is in the first post.

Edited by Rozovian
me fail english? that's unpossible! should be more cromulent now

Progress. +1 wip. We may have to rename the project, certain prolific mixers, who shall go unmentioned in this post, have or are in the process of making crazy amounts of music. I may have mentioned some of them before. Keep it up guys, you're being awesome. :D

Oh right, I was gonna post a public tracklist of what's completed so far and the status of the tracks and stuff. It's... uh, coming.

I'm planning to do a preview track some time during summer, probably in early-mid July. WOuld be cool to have more completed tracks then. ;) If you need a deadline for a wip/wav, consider July... 8th, that's a good date, July 8th is the new big date, if you need one.

• Liontamer changed the title to Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic