Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Threshold of a Dream - History

Aetherius

I don't know if you were serious when you mentioned this thread to me, prophet of definite articleship, but I'd love to look into Tal Tal Heights or even possibly Mabe Village.

I noticed a lack of Piece of Power/Guardian Acorn theme. I know that track is repetitive as hell, but I'd love to try to incorporate it as a backing... thing while doing another track. That allowed?

But I'm getting way ahead of myself, lol, since you still haven't told me why I should look in here. So consider this post my way of subscribing to the thread (and also to up my post count, woo).

EDIT: Effin' a, I forgot to subscribe when I posted. Normally I would have edited quietly to do that, but I'm sure you'll appreciate the irony so I thought I would share.

tal tal's fine by me. someone wanted to do some mabe, so i'll give them another week or two to get something in. if they don't, then you're free for mabe as well.

but tal tal's enough for now. feel free to incorperate another theme. i took aetherius's tracklist, so there's a possibility he missed something important. if it was missed, i'll add it once i hear something near a wip. if you want some help, holler at me - tal tal's an important track, and i don't want it to bomb because of something simple.

edit: pm'd a bunch of oldies who posted and said that they were interested in the old thread. surprising that it hasn't been auto-pruned yet, considering it's probably the oldest thread in community that's not stickied. and, by oldest, i mean that the thread # is 3232.

edit2: of course it hasn't been auto-pruned. it's in projects, not community =)

tal tal's fine by me. someone wanted to do some mabe, so i'll give them another week or two to get something in. if they don't, then you're free for mabe as well.

but tal tal's enough for now. feel free to incorperate another theme. i took aetherius's tracklist, so there's a possibility he missed something important. if it was missed, i'll add it once i hear something near a wip. if you want some help, holler at me - tal tal's an important track, and i don't want it to bomb because of something simple.

I'm fully aware of how important Tal Tal Heights is as a track...

...which is why I'm a little nervous about having no idea what setup I'm using yet. *sweatdrop*

I'm working on it, really. But I might be in touch with you once or twice about getting stuff to work (I'll keep it conceptual, don't worry). Hope that's okay.

Guardian Acorn/Piece of Power isn't that important, really. That theme is really simple, but it had a way of making you feel freakin' invincible. So... if that track would somehow stand on its own (not likely!) I'd probably want to go hardcore angry rock, though I'd have to stay within the genre spec. And if it doesn't, then I'd like to find a way to pervert it, make it a bit more melancholy or something, and fit it in Tal Tal Heights.

*shrug* But I don't need to tell you that it's one thing to have a concept in mind and quite another to execute...

ADDENDUM:

Also, just because I'm still horrendously new here: why's this on Community rather than Projects? I saw a semi-dead thread on Projects... does that mean this project has regressed a step or something?

Sorry for being dense...

(Note, this was in the post that had originally followed this one. nothing new here)

this project, as mentioned in the OP, is the third iteration of the original project. the thread that's dead - not just semi-dead, but totally toast - is the second thread, which has 120 pages of drama and bitching and about 21 pages of worthwhile stuff. i couldn't edit the first page, and aeth is a loser who never does anything, so i started a new thread to take over when he turned it over to me.

we're in community for exposure. when we've got wips on 75% of the tracks, we'll go to projects, since we don't need to coverage any more then.

also, not to be rude or anything, but it's considered bad form to double post unless it's your thread or if you're bumping an old one. just use the edit button to add to your older post. we're snobs around here, unlike most internet boards. probably why most nubs don't last long.

this project, as mentioned in the OP, is the third iteration of the original project. the thread that's dead - not just semi-dead, but totally toast - is the second thread, which has 120 pages of drama and bitching and about 21 pages of worthwhile stuff. i couldn't edit the first page, and aeth is a loser who never does anything, so i started a new thread to take over when he turned it over to me.

we're in community for exposure. when we've got wips on 75% of the tracks, we'll go to projects, since we don't need to coverage any more then.

also, not to be rude or anything, but it's considered bad form to double post unless it's your thread or if you're bumping an old one. just use the edit button to add to your older post. we're snobs around here, unlike most internet boards. probably why most nubs don't last long.

Sorry. I came from GameFAQs, a forum with practically no formatting in posts and zero editing. Still getting used to things here.

Also trying to improve my post count a bit. That one's your fault since you drew attention to it in an earlier PM. :-P

EDIT: This is just for practice, okay? I'm a visual learner first, kinesthetic learner second.

you came from gamefaqs? i don't believe it. you know how to type entire words in normal sentances.

Indeed, I have come from GameFAQs!

Not all boards are full of idiots, trust me. Check out the Super Smash Bros. Melee Social board as a shining example of one that is the very antithesis of what you seem to have in mind: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.php?board=2000033

I don't hang out on RI/CE.

when you've got a wip in, then i'll write you in.

by the way, sloopygoop the magnificant chiptunist has sent me another wip. not quite as long (only 7.5 minutes this time), but still excellent, and as a whole it fits the mood we're looking for, too.

i should tell you a little about him. he goes to my alma mater for undergrad, and runs a comic strip publication on campus pretty much by himself. he's got a zillion classes he's doing, and he sings in a choir on campus as well (at least, i'm pretty sure he was in men's choir when i was scabbing in there for the director). i found out he was interested in chiptunes when he asked if i had a copy of an old motet we sang in mens choir so he could chiptune it (i worked in the music library at the time). i kinda looked at him weird and told him we didn't have it. when he contacted me about this project, i honestly didn't know what to expect - i knew he was interested, but i expected a chip-rip (wouldn't be a midi rip, right?). and then my email vomited out this 12-megabyte mp3 file at me. i immediately thought it would suck. who'd ever heard of a 7.5-minute chiptune by an unknown artist that was actually good?

can i say that his wip is better than most of the chiptune stuff you hear at conventions? way more creative, way less of the boom-tiss fake techno you normally hear of this genre. he's melded like seven different variations on the main theme into one big thing - including an avant-garde section, a waltz (not cookie-cutter, either), and a really cool tense section that makes me think of the 'ho-shit running out of time' music in most spy films. pretty awesome. a little repetitive at this point (this coming from a fan of the 3-minute rock ballad) but there's so little to trim that's not original and inventive in some way.

not that he's ever here to read this, but it's cool. did i mention he's got like six posts and ahs only been doing this for a little while?

aaren't you the kid who said (after all their tracks were done) that ff4 would never finish or something?
Of course I figured this would never be finished. Most projects on the internet never get finished. Is it different with these listed projects on OCRemix? If so, then I can't wait until a lot of these get finished.

Looks to be about right...