Sign in to follow this  
Aetherius

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Threshold of a Dream - History

hey remixers, if you've got a wip that's still open, please check your pm boxes and get back to me as soon as possible.

i am instituting a deadline!

Damnit, dude. I have to call you tonight now. Springing this WIP date a month before it's due. AND AFTER I BOUGHT YOU PIZZA!

your wip on the FTP is 1:24. and it sounds like the wip i heard over a year ago. is it done?

No, it's not done. I thought you didn't want me to do it anymore since Sound Test had that song covered already. Was I wrong?

the wip i'm speaking of is Ballad of the Windfish. and, correct, sound test did a remix of Ballad/End Theme. these are two discrete songs, as noted by the different track numbers in the OP.

if you don't want to finish it, i'll do it. it's no problem =)

Myeah. I'm kind of schwamped at the moment and don't think I can pull that one off before the deadline. Also Record 1.5 is released a week later so I would be singing out of tune in a rather charming way, as opposed to if you would postpone the deadline by a week or so (by which time I'm no more likely to be done, however). Probably better you do it, though if you want to sort of build on what I already did, that would be awesome.

Also, this is my first remix project. Just saying.

Still 3 open tracks? Hasn't it been that way for a number of months now? With this deadline in place is the project going to be submitted whether those tracks are claimed or not?

I couldn't see any stylistic requirements but I can make a symphonic deathmetal-ish interpretation of the Final Battle. I'll try to get a short bit done and you can see what you think about the direction im thinking of taking it.

the stylistic requirements are ambient, quiet rock, or classical - think 'rainy day' style of stuff.

so, no, deathmetalish doesn't work. symphonic might.

i thought someone had put in interest for the Last Battle track...i need to look into that.

oh, well, I've made a short bit allready. I'll upload it in case you may want it as a bonus (in which case i'll finish it), but maybe i can do the same track as a piano / ambient track if nobody has claimed it yet?

<link removed>

send me a wip and we'll talk.

also, as per the request in the first post, PLEASE don't release content in the thread - only do it through PM. please remove that link in post #561.

the stylistic requirements are ambient, quiet rock, or classical - think 'rainy day' style of stuff.

so, no, deathmetalish doesn't work. symphonic might.

i thought someone had put in interest for the Last Battle track...i need to look into that.

If you want symphonic metal, then ask Chthonic. He's done a track for you already :D

EDIT: sorry, thinking of the wrong Chthonic.

If you want symphonic metal, then ask Chthonic. He's done a track for you already :D

EDIT: sorry, thinking of the wrong Chthonic.

i don't understand what this post means.

well, now that the due date is approaching, i suppose i should finish my first track, from five years ago :< working on VSL-ing the orchestral background (which were first Reason strings, then Edirol strings, winds and brass) now.

VSL sounds ridiculous, but it's so hard to use when you don't have a dedicated setup for it.