OCRA-0039 - Deus Ex: Sonic Augmentation

Liontamer

• 2 weeks later...

Not going to lie, I haven't played Deus Ex since Conspiracy. But this? This album made me fall back in love with the games again.

I've been listening to the tracks since downloading it and I can't find anything I DON'T like. The overall sound quality rests well on my ears, the sound of the tracks is varied enough to play repeatedly, and the final track - The God Machine?

Favorite.

Following it is Siren Synapse. Tears in Rain and Distortion are two close runner-ups.

• 4 weeks later...

I, too, have nothing but praise for this album, my favorite track being halc's "Human Soldier".

However, I think I have found a bug with the last track, Vig's "The God Machine". There are a couple of sound skips at 0:20 and 0:23. They seem vaguely rhythmical, but there is no definitive rhythm established at that point, so I can't imagine they're intentional. The skips are present in the FLAC and MP3 versions in the Bittorrent download and in fact both files decode flawlessly, so I guess it's in the source file.

Can anyone verify? I've already redownloaded the whole package, but this persists.

I, too, have nothing but praise for this album, my favorite track being halc's "Human Soldier".

However, I think I have found a bug with the last track, Vig's "The God Machine". There are a couple of sound skips at 0:20 and 0:23. They seem vaguely rhythmical, but there is no definitive rhythm established at that point, so I can't imagine they're intentional. The skips are present in the FLAC and MP3 versions in the Bittorrent download and in fact both files decode flawlessly, so I guess it's in the source file.

Can anyone verify? I've already redownloaded the whole package, but this persists.

I believe that is deliberate in his song. It's been in every version I've heard.

That's not a bug, it's deliberate.

• 1 year later...

I was just resetting some gain levels on the mp3 copy of this, and noticed they are pretty severely clipped, looking at them in audacity.

Didn´t notice by ear, but seems someone did a lousy job on them.

I am gonna rerip them from the flacs.

Maybe someone should fix them here too.

Awesome album!

Actually the FLACs are bad too, but I realized it is just certain songs. The arteest must have uploaded clipped stuff. Not what I would expect from semi pro musicians, alas!

Edited by yoryocor

I was just resetting some gain levels on the mp3 copy of this, and noticed they are pretty severely clipped, looking at them in audacity.

Didn´t notice by ear, but seems someone did a lousy job on them.

I am gonna rerip them from the flacs.

Maybe someone should fix them here too.

Awesome album!

The FLAC & MP3s are made from the same WAVs. Also, Audacity's "Show Clipping" isn't a good indicator of anything. Clipping isn't the same as distortion, so you can distort something (whether accidentally, or purposefully as a production technique), and as long it doesn't peak over 0db, Audacity wouldn't treat it as clipping.

No matter what frequency goes above 0db, even if it's in a super high frequency range & super brief, it'll register as "clipping" in Audacity. That's why you didn't notice anything "by ear"; nothing is actually messed up.

• 4 years later...

Greetings - been listening to OC ReMix for something like 20 years now, thanks for keeping up the community for so long.

I realise I'm quite late to the party (I only got the game as part of a Steam sale during COVID-19 restrictions last year), but I was trying to download the Deus Ex: Sonic Augmentation album and it looks like there's no seeders available. Shouldn't there be at least the official server available as as seed? Of the OC ReMix torrents I've downloaded, I leave all of them seeding and my top share ratios are in the 10s, even 20s.

I know it's an old album but is it possible to get this torrent running again, please?

23 hours ago, Wedge009 said:

Greetings - been listening to OC ReMix for something like 20 years now, thanks for keeping up the community for so long.

I realise I'm quite late to the party (I only got the game as part of a Steam sale during COVID-19 restrictions last year), but I was trying to download the Deus Ex: Sonic Augmentation album and it looks like there's no seeders available. Shouldn't there be at least the official server available as as seed? Of the OC ReMix torrents I've downloaded, I leave all of them seeding and my top share ratios are in the 10s, even 20s.

I know it's an old album but is it possible to get this torrent running again, please?

It's a weird issue, because I tried downloading it myself and it wouldn't work, but then I did a forced restart, it took a minute to gear up, then I had the album torrent downloaded in just a few seconds. Torrents page says there's 33 seeders, so it can't be that no one's seeding. If it helps, I used uTorrent 2.2.1 (the last pre-bloatware version) to get it, and I'm also seeding it now.

Thanks for the reply. I'm using KTorrent and the tracker address is http://bt.ocremix.org/announce. As mentioned, I seed plenty of other OC ReMix torrents and haven't seen this problem before. I'll try re-downloading the torrent file and see if anything changes.

No difference. I downloaded the torrent file from https://bt.ocremix.org/torrents/Deus_Ex_-_Sonic_Augmentation.torrent

I'll try some different clients later. I just wonder if it's something weird for new leechers, my client, the tracker, or something else.

I was able to download via qBittorrent. Worryingly, I noticed all ocremix.org torrents seem to be broken for me with KTorrent right now - adding other ocremix.org torrents also results in the 'stalled - no seeders' issue. The last successful torrent I downloaded was BadAss: Paragons and Renegades, which was only released a couple of months ago. KTorrent still works fine with other torrent trackers (I confirmed this just now), so looks like something non-standard ocremix.org is doing that KTorrent can't handle, perhaps?

Anyway, I have a work-around now. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Guys, I just want to say a huuuuge thanx to each and everyone who made this album possible. Because this album is incredibly wonderful!

I had been listening to it for weeks back in 2013 and still I listen to to Sonic Augmentation from time to time. Yeah, all these years :)

I love Deus Ex. I love its OST. And I absolutely love this album of yours.

//Especially Syren Synapse, Ma Cherie Nicolette, Distortion HQ and The God Machine. But the rest of tracklist are sure great too!

Thank you and God bless you guys for tons and lots of joy you give us (well, me for sure :))

Edited by eXtaiN
Misprinted