OCR02649 - Mega Man 2 & 6 "The Root of All Things"

This is pretty wow... i have no words but wow.

...it kinda feels magical... :3

love the piano solo at the start then the synth stuff starts up and it becomes awesome :D

idk how else to compliment this track, its epic but also kinda disney-ish in its awesome soundtrackness...

that made sense in my head.

Rexy has really upgraded her talents.

i cant explain how cause i aint musically minded but you can kinda hear it.

Interesting. I was a huge fan of the WGRC original (burned it to a CD, even), and the differences between the two versions are fascinating. I can definitely hear the improvements in production: sample quality, EQ, and more premeditated percussion. But there are actually some things I like less: The new flute and bell samples are a bit piercing, and I'm not a big fan of the frantic toms (which were present in the old version, but so much quieter that I never noticed them). Funny how some aspects which are almost objectively better actually make it less pleasing to my ears. I have mixed feelings about the exaggerated swing timing in places, too. I'm not sure which I prefer overall.

It's heartwarming that Rexy got so much support in perfecting this. I only hope I can get that level of encouragement and advice when my skill level reaches that point.

Gotta admit, I'm a pretty big fan of that flute and a lot of the choices made for when things like the little bells pop in and out were brilliant. Not sure how to describe it, but I think I kinda like how it's not a clear cut as some would probably like it. It's weird, but still, with all the different changes that take place over the course of the mix, it keeps attention going. Pretty good, Rexy.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I agree with most of the comments here - the arrangement is fun, light, airy, and awesome. Really enjoy the flute work! Bonus points for the arrangement when I don't know Plant Man's theme that well (though Dr. Wily is always a classic). Well done!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02649 - Mega Man 2 & 6 "The Root of All Things"