Forum Avatars - RIP

Joyzilla

You can only use the avatars available to you now. And I'm not sure about the animated ones..

Also, a heads up. I'm gonna start uploading a bunch of Mega Man avvys here; hopefully they're all acceptable...

I hate .gif files...

I'll pm you the password to my photobucket (the guest password, not my account password). They're all there.

preview pic links to set:

those are exactly as the gifs look

honestly I probably should have sharpened most of them up a bit, but I was in a hurry

I'll give em a second over tomorrow

LT: The MMX7 ones suck. Dunno what happened, but they're not sharp at all. The X8s look fine since the dithering didn't destroy them.

Edited by Liontamer
comments

I would imagine they've been disabled some time ago, but somehow I was able to use a custom avatar when I first registered...

Quick question:

Are animated avatars being considered? If so, what would be the file size limit?

Custom avatars are available to select ppl. bLINd recently got one. I think it's posted remixers/staff only, Larry can give you a definitive answer when he comes by this thread. In 2013. ;)

I haven't seen an animated avatar on here. Sig pics, yes, avatars, no. Probably no. Again, Larry for a definitive answer.

--

Gollgagh, they could probably use a touch of sharpen, 2 and 3 look ok; 4, 5, 7 might be sharp enough too, the rest are a bit too blurry for what I imagine Larry accepting. Numbers 5, 6, 8, 10, 11, 12 and 16 could be a bit brighter.

Edited by Rozovian

I'm still waiting to hear if the X series avatars Gollgagh so kindly fixed for me are going through. Thanks again, Gollgagh! ^_^

I can wait until after June; I've got my Axl sig ready. But I need the Axl avvy to go with it. :P

RType: I did answer your question! It was the majority of my post after Gollgagh's!

You can only use the avatars available to you now. And I'm not sure about the animated ones..

My question about the customs, yes; thanks for that.

Thanks to everyone else, also.

I suppose I could submit a few static icons until 2013 rolls around.

LT- I've debated this for a while, but I figured I'd ask after sitting down and finishing it...

JTAvatar.gif

Could I get that as a personal avatar? It's based off of Jon Talbain's portrait on the character select screen in Darkstalkers.

And just for the hell of it...

JTSnarlAvatar.gif

Didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped (little motions look bigger in tighter spaces), but I animated it like that same portrait. I know animated avatars aren't allowed, but I thought I'd post it. Maybe someone else will want to use it on another site.

Edited by The Coop

Here's one I made.

bender32x32t.gif

A couple of alternate versions if you'd rather use these.

bender32x32alt.gif

bender32x32-1.gif

Custom-made. Cropped to work here.

LT: Weird pixelation going on, even though it seems kind of stylized. It should look smoother.

Edited by Liontamer
comments

• 2 weeks later...

littlerocketman.gif

This is the icon for the achievement "Little Rocket Man", attainable in Half-Life Episode 2 by carrying a garden gnome throughout the entire game (which does not have an inventory, so you have to actually hold him or keep throwing him in front of yourself the whole time, dropping him whenever you need to e.g. fire your gun), including a very frustrating chapter where you are driving a car (that has no suitable space for the gnome) while chased by an attack helicopter.

The image itself depicts a garden gnome (in orange, with a brown beard) in space (also brown), orbiting what might be a planet (orange, with brown craters).

For those of you who pulled this off, there's also a facebook group... and it's a little lonely there: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=18736464281

LT: A bit blurry and doesn't look like anything in particular.

Edited by Liontamer
comments

RapeApe.gif

For Brushfire, if he wanted it... It's Hihidaruma, AKA Rape Ape, one of the new Pokémon.

LT: Didn't look like it was from the game art, so I made one based on your cropping style.

Edited by Liontamer
comments