Sign in to follow this  
djpretzel

OCR02746 - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 'Mythic Mist'

For something metal, I will say that the first minute doesn't do a whole lot for me, as I get a bit of repetition and the work with the overall structure didn't overwhelm me. But one minute in the mix really kicks up a notch and goes on from there to be a metal version worthy of some of the great Sonic 2 mixes out there - only more hardcore. I think this mix shows promise and potential!

PirateCrab debuts on International Talk Like A Pirate Day. COINCIDENCE???

THIS.

I had no idea until it actually dawned on me yesterday, I squealed like a little fangirl meeting the celeb of her dreams.

Many thanks for the reviews guys! Dime, in regards to the mix I personally hate this compared to some of my recent work haha. I've got a lot more work in the pipeline however so keep a listen out. You'll probably see me next year on the next pirate day haha.

While I do agree that the first minute is basically one long lead in to the meat that follows afterwords, I enjoyed this one very much. Groovy riffs that can, I'll admit, conjure up images of evil clowns and enough metal to rock a cave, mystic or otherwise, I'd say this is a very strong debut. Looking forward to more from you, PirateCrab.

This is brutal. And I love it. Mystic Cave is one of those sourses that can be given a lot of different treatments and they will all work pretty well. And the only minus of this ReMix is its length. It's really short. Short, but sweet.