Final Fantasy Crystal Clash - Congratulations to Tuberz McGee and Eino Keskitalo!

Brandon Strader

Timaeus, don't worry too much about strictly obeying Edward's theme, some of those triplet notes ARE in fact kinda weird. Just capture the main melody I say, that part is simple and lovely. :)

Yeah, when I try to write chords for every few (6~12) notes, they seem like somewhat unrelated 7th chords. I'm literally chopping up the source in chunks like that, but I had some more going last night. Getting pretty smoove right now. :)

Edited by timaeus222

This competition is ridiculously tough. I scrapped what I had worked on all week and through together that 2 minutes of faux filmscore in a night because I was waaaaaaay off target with the first one.

I would have loved to see what Willrock could do in this thing. He has a way of making something sound new and also conservative and true to the sources.

Good luck to those remixing this week. I know I almost had an aneurysm from the first round of this thing. :)

I thought the same.

Ditto. Mind you...it could've been the midi that I used for Cait Sith. Anyways, given that jazz and/or funk (not quite sure which genre this is) has rather loose and weird timing, it doesn't mesh well with "4 on da floor techno" (Laguna's theme)...but I think I managed...sort of. I feel bad for Esperado as he's prob in a similar rut that I was. So glad I finished and submitted my erm...submission.

Also *slightly* different tangent here but....I NEED A NEW FRIGGIN' SOUND LIBRARY. I've got Toxic Biohazard, Sytrus, Poizone 2, Sampletank, Alchemy and other free vsts, soundfonts and junk. But I want more expensive and cooler things like Native Instruments and E/W Symphonies :P

Luckily I've got more hours at work now :nicework:

So maybe you guys will hear a new and improved HoboKa within a month or two ;) (providing my CPU can handle the RAM usage of the VSTs I'm planning on getting, like Spectrasonics Ambience and E/W Symphonies >_> and maybe some Native Instruments/Kore)

I've got an entry from Hoboka, nobody else yet. Not even myself. I didn't manage to write anything yet, I am hoping to try to start tonight or tomorrow while I'm on the road. I will not have a lot of time, so it probably won't be an overly frilly mix, and it might not even be finished, but eh.

As for people wondering how they are going to start at midnight when the previous round ends at midnight... alls I can say is, hold tight and be patient, I'll get the information sorted as soon as I can on Sunday night overnight. I don't think anyone would be starting within the first hour or two of Monday anyway. ;-)

If anyone wants to volunteer to help count the votes, that would be a huge help for me. Thanks!

I dunno, I think it worked for me. I just jammed out a chord progression on the guitar that should work quite well for mine. The chords would also work with Terra. But working with a guitar has the potential to make the understanding of chords and such easier, not to mention as far as I know both of my sources are in minor, with some major chords thrown in. :tomatoface:

I mean, I'd love to share some tips as we get farther along, I need to review the previous week of entries as well in the thread. I can try to help where I can and hopefully other people can review and share some tips as well. I know there's folks following along who aren't even participating who could share some tips.

I didn't manage to write anything yet, I am hoping to try to start tonight or tomorrow while I'm on the road. I will not have a lot of time, so it probably won't be an overly frilly mix, and it might not even be finished, but eh.

Why so apathetic toward your OWN COMPO Brandon? Or are you just planning to get everyone thinking maybe you won't write anything, then WHAM blow everyone out of the water? ;-)

@ chimpazilla

Everyone's a critic =p

Buut...I think that you (Brandon) should extend the compo by a day or 2 if there's only 1-2 submission(s) in by the last 4-5 hours or something. It's not like the previous bracket is gonna implode if they have to wait another day or two...right?

The deadline isn't for another 52 hours, most of which are weekend. I'm sure that the bulk of the remixing is going to get done then.

Was that how it worked last round? Wasn't really paying attention TBH. That and I was just being an ass... :P

Edited by HoboKa

Someone asked about a 2 week extension for the last bracket. My answer is, and always will be, no way! If we get a lot of dropouts, then it is what it is.. the people who remain will go on to win their bracket. But subsequently go up against the winner of the OTHER bracket. That's how this works, isn't it? >:D

Pretty sure that's how most of the compos work. In RMWtS Season 1, virtually 100% of each episode's entries were submitted in the last 24 hours, usually about half in the last 4-5 hours, and that's when they were due at noon on a weekday.

ah yeah...kinda like how my compo ends up working. Derp :tomatoface:

(but I don't have the due dates on weekends so...*mind explodes*)

Edited by HoboKa