Final Fantasy Crystal Clash - Congratulations to Tuberz McGee and Eino Keskitalo!

Brandon Strader

22+17+4+3+15+16+4+8+13 => 102/152 secs Penelo

3+4+15+15+17+3+3 => 60/152 secs Edward

There are overlaps, so these percentages are with respect to the entire track. :razz:

67.11% Penelo

39.47% Edward

WHOA Big T... you managed to write MOAR than 100% source... *impressed* lmao! (yeah, overlaps, I get it, haha) :-P

Ok so I haven't listened to anyone's tracks yet, gotz some errands, then I'm all about it. T I'm sure yours is dynamite, can't wait.

if you have an ios device like an itouch you could always try out nanostudio! it lets you import midis! a bit harder workflow and you have to know how to program a synth, but its better than nothing. android has some music options too i think. either way, hope you can get something figured out!

I got an Android tablet, perhaps I'll try out Caustic

Dangit. Now I keep Imagining a Nyan Cat version of Man with a Machine Gun.

I don't think I've even heard that song. I wanted a name that conveyed the theme which is cait sith and Laguna lazing around on a nice sunny morning in japan when they should be fighting each other.

I got an Android tablet, perhaps I'll try out Caustic

I think fl mobile runs on android too, which from experience, is much easier to use. It's just a midi sequencer though.

I'm gonna end up redoing a lot of my song. XD I might even play live drums for it, maybe not -- we'll see... acoustics need re-recorded with new strings... pretty much everything needs redone.. dunno how I dropped the ball so hard, but it could be good by the time everything is fixed. I just hope I don't sit on it forever. :-D

Not to mention I literally didn't mix anything, it's all just in with panning

I don't think I've even heard that song. I wanted a name that conveyed the theme which is cait sith and Laguna lazing around on a nice sunny morning in japan when they should be fighting each other.

You haven't Heard of Man with a Machine Gun or you haven't heard a Nyan Cat version?

If it's the first, thats the name of Laguna's theme. If it's the second, I haven't either I just keep thinking what it would sound like.

Shaggy I am going to get you next time I see you! This f'n song alternates between 5/4 and 6/4 every other measure. :tomatoface:

May the best man win! I will be spending tonight rewriting the damn time sig on this track, holy christ.

BTW Chimpazilla and Timaeus...I have to sleep on the decision for your tracks. So close.

a-HA! I did say that song seemed to have been written in 11/4. I think that is very cool. I love odd time sigs.

I love that T's and my tracks are a hard choice. It confirms to me why he and I are such good collab partners. :)

There is so much to love about both tracks.

Yeah I absolutely loathe alternating/complex time sigs like this. 5/4 by itself or 6/4 great, but not this. Don't know how this is going to turn out this round. BC frankly this just isn't fun integrating a 4/4 song with a song that alternates like that. We'll see what kind of tom foolery becomes of this.

Yeah I absolutely loathe alternating/complex time sigs like this. 5/4 by itself or 6/4 great, but not this. Don't know how this is going to turn out this round. BC frankly this just isn't fun integrating a 4/4 song with a song that alternates like that. We'll see what kind of tom foolery becomes of this.

Mixed metered stuff can be quite fun. I had a ton of fun doing it in the last round but I'm going a different route this time. :) So far it's working out nicely. heh

Just manhandle both of them into the same time signature, it'll be easier in the long run. I think that with Amarant thrown in, about half of my remixes now involve one or more sources changed from 4/4 into 3/4 or vice versa.

Edward and Penelo go so well together anyway, those two tracks were both excellent (and hard to compare). Chimpz, I may hit you up for some advice at some point; I wrote a waltz for B4C2 where I'm mostly happy with the arrangement, but the production needs a lot of work.

Laguna and Cait Sith, however, are two great tastes that taste like ass together. Edit: That's not a comment on the remixes, which did well with what they were given, but it was a horrible source combination.

Edited by MindWanderer

Edward and Penelo go so well together anyway, those two tracks were both excellent (and hard to compare). Chimpz, I may hit you up for some advice at some point; I wrote a waltz for B4C2 where I'm mostly happy with the arrangement, but the production needs a lot of work.

Thanks... and I'd be glad to help any way I can. It isn't easy to get orchestral samples sounding real... mine don't... not quite... and it was extra hard to do right in FL so I actually have bought Cubase so I can do it better... but I digress, I'll teach you all the tricks I know about, I'd be glad to. :)

You haven't Heard of Man with a Machine Gun or you haven't heard a Nyan Cat version?

If it's the first, thats the name of Laguna's theme. If it's the second, I haven't either I just keep thinking what it would sound like.

I hadn't heard nyancat. If I hadn't heard kahunas theme I wouldn't have been able to do it last minute haha. I love ff8s ost

When you guys make decisions between Kristina's and my tracks, please consider both arrangement and production carefully. I consider our production values to be rather close (from the general perspective), while arrangement is closer (from the general perspective), hence why the decision turns out to be rather tough. Those criteria are both in the OP too. :)

Personally, I would choose based more on production, as I think the gap there is slightly larger than in arrangement, but I suppose it appears subjective to many people, so I'll just let whatever happens to occur. Honestly, the first thing I learned from these compos is that the general listener's votes are completely unpredictable. :tomatoface:

Edited by timaeus222

What are you trying to say, Tim-AHY-uhs? :-P

Dat mah production suckzzz. :-P

I'm learning about orchestral production from a friend of mine who does primarily orchestral mixes. It is completely different from mixing other types of music, and sounds quite different production-wise. It is more of a "homogenous wall of sound" kind of concept, completely opposite from electronic mixing, which aims to separate the sounds distinctly.

I think our two tracks are sort of apples and oranges, production-wise. (sorry, I know that makes it harder to compare them) I wish my violins were better humanized though, it's tough to do well in FL Studio since you need to load so many articulations and FL doesn't handle memory as well as needed for that. If I decide to submit this track, I'll probably give the humanization aspect one more going-over, with my friend's help.

That said, Timaeus's production on his track is stellar, as always. :)