How often do you write new music?

A year before I joined OCR, I made craptone of tracks(about 70). Mostly electronic and Drum'n'Bass like. Also I made my first(not so bad) album. Anyway, before I joined this community I made three albums(8-13 tarcks each) and other ~30 tracks. All of them was SUCK!

But when I came here.. I became slooooow. More production orientated. I made somewhere around 30(not so bad) tracks.

At this moment. I CAN'T DO ANYTHING! Having bad music times(

Would any of you guys be interested in some kind of mentor program? I have been thinking of starting one. I'm not sure how it will work yet, but I'd love it if I could hook up a couple people with each other, either for a length of time or for a project or even just one remix... in a NON-COMPO type of situation (NO deadline and NO judging). No one should be getting steadily worse. Sometimes you just need one dedicated person to guide you in a couple of specific areas.

Anyone got any ideas how a nice mentor program could be put together? Wanna help me set it up?

like every day

I hear music in everything

I come up with music in an elevator

but I NEVER come up with music by sitting at my piano and thinking

sometimes I'll come up with stuff while just screwing around on the piano

but never have I thought about it for a few minutes and then tried to get it out

it always comes when I'm either experimenting or just outta nowhere

A year before I joined OCR, I made craptone of tracks(about 70). Mostly electronic and Drum'n'Bass like. Also I made my first(not so bad) album. Anyway, before I joined this community I made three albums(8-13 tarcks each) and other ~30 tracks. All of them was SUCK!

But when I came here.. I became slooooow. More production orientated. I made somewhere around 30(not so bad) tracks.

At this moment. I CAN'T DO ANYTHING! Having bad music times(

join the compos my freind!

I find i write out at least three WIPS a month, give or take. last month i wrote like 5 because of all the compos i tried out in, but sometimes you just have dry spells. occasionally though, you get really inspired and youll make like three or four stems in a week. finished songs on the other hand....

Edited by Esperado

Would any of you guys be interested in some kind of mentor program? I have been thinking of starting one. I'm not sure how it will work yet, but I'd love it if I could hook up a couple people with each other, either for a length of time or for a project or even just one remix... in a NON-COMPO type of situation (NO deadline and NO judging). No one should be getting steadily worse. Sometimes you just need one dedicated person to guide you in a couple of specific areas.

Anyone got any ideas how a nice mentor program could be put together? Wanna help me set it up?

I think the best way is to just collaborate with people as usual. For example, I picked up a few neat tricks from working with Timaeus.

join the compos my freind!

I find i write out at least three WIPS a month, give or take. last month i wrote like 5 because of all the compos i tried out in, but sometimes you just have dry spells. occasionall though, you get really inspired any youll make like three or four stems in a week. finished songs on the other hand....

Having your name in the list of "ppl who HAVE TO DO something", gives some motivation boost. Still, I bet everyone had emptiness inside for some reason or without reason..

Working(eq'ing, mixing, mastering) with music track kinda helps me to "come back".

p.s. i don't like compos.. few reasons