An OverClocked Christmas v7 Released!

Dyne

It gives me great pleasure to announce the release of An OverClocked Christmas v7!

Seven years of awesome music, from awesome people! I want to thank everyone who have participated this year, as well as in years past, for all of your hard work and patience with me over the years.

I would especially like to thank The Coop who has stuck with me, and has had to deal with my horribly bad, super late deadlines. He's honestly the best to work with.

This year, The Coop is also responsible for the amazing artwork for the banner image that you will see on the web site. It's an animated .gif, so take some time to watch it in action!

Again, thank you everyone, this wouldn't be possible without this community, and I am proud to be a member of this community.

Thank you!!

http://www.obtusemusic.net/OCR_Christmas/index.htm

Edit: As usual, I have forgotten a track (possibly more, so please, send them along if I missed them.)

(Note: I forgot to ask for sources this year, so if anyone wants them, post here in this thread, and if our musicians have time, they can send me their source lists, and I'll gladly put together a text file to add to the site and the zip file for the album.)

Edited by Dyne

Alright, so here's what's going on. I had to quickly add a track to the album. However, the back cover art is not updated quite yet. I will let everyone know here in the forum thread when it is up to date.

I apologize, in seven years I still haven't somehow learned to triple check this album, but consider this a lesson finally well learned.

So, here's the good news, I'm only missing five track sources.

I'm only missing sources from Argle, Rozovian, SkyRider X, and Garpocalypse. Just PM or email them to me (dyne2057@gmail.com), and I will update the file. I'm not going to add the file to the .rar file until after I've gotten them all. But it will be available for download momentarily with what I do have.

Clarification:

My sources were mostly MegaMan Zero 3 - "Snowy Plains" and partially (accidentally) Chrono Trigger - "Corridors of Time" (

).

Because Chrono Trigger is just something you can accidentally reference. :tomatoface:

Edited the information, and reuploaded everything necessary!

Also, the .rar now includes the track list sources file.

Thanks again, one and all!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

A couple quick things...

- Garpocalypse's track isn't yet available individually like the other eleven are.

- The source of my track is "Crystal Caverns" from Trine. And for those interested, my lastest "'Twas" poem directly inspired this remix.

Hope you guys enjoy the album :-)

Having read the poem, I totally can see the inspiration. Very well done and quite touching. Nice work Coopy *sniffle*, it's the allergies, I swear T_T

Nice piano work btw!

(btw, what do you think of my 'Leaving Christmas' tune?:tomatoface:)

A couple quick things...

- Garpocalypse's track isn't yet available individually like the other eleven are.

- The source of my track is "Crystal Caverns" from Trine. And for those interested, my lastest "'Twas" poem directly inspired this remix.

Hope you guys enjoy the album :-)

I just now saw this, and everything is being fixed. My apologies. Next year, I will make absolutely certain that everything works and is finished before release. (We'll also be starting much earlier than this year.)

I just wanted to say I really enjoyed this album. I discovered this series of unofficial albums last year, but I was glad to be able to listen to the newest on Christmas Eve. Thank you everyone for putting in time to make this.

Also, what is the giant tank snowman from?

It's not from anything. The missile launcher, tank treads and the cannon arm are parts from a pair of Metal Slug sprites (the giant crab boss in MS3, and an enemy vehicle from MS1), while the snowman itself and its far arm were done from scratch.

It's not from anything. The missile launcher, tank treads and the cannon arm are parts from a pair of Metal Slug sprites (the giant crab boss in MS3, and an enemy vehicle from MS1), while the snowman itself and its far arm were done from scratch.

The snowman is awesome. :-D I was really looking forward to seeing him or her in action as a boss though. It's funny, after I saw the album cover I had to look up what the snowman was from. It is really cool.

• 1 month later...
Having read the poem, I totally can see the inspiration. Very well done and quite touching. Nice work Coopy *sniffle*, it's the allergies, I swear T_T

Nice piano work btw!

(btw, what do you think of my 'Leaving Christmas' tune?:tomatoface:)

Sorry for the WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY late response. I have no excuse other than stupidity :oops:

Thanks for the compliment. I liked your track. The theatrical touches with the percussion and chorus gave it a "hero walking away from the past" vibe, which was cool. In short, :nicework: