Super Smash Bros. Brawl

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely looks like one. If it is, I'm wondering why it's huge, almost stationary, and blasts players upon touching it.

It is a metroid, no mistake.

I had to watch it a few times, but the flash that's visible right next to the metroid is Zelda's lightning kick. Right after that, Yoshi KO's Zelda—watch the icons for the score—so I don't think the metroid really gets to do anything other than make its presence known. The metroid assist just latches onto characters and incrementally incurs damage like the Lip's Stick flower; as it should be.

Metroids FTW.

Oh yeah, I forgot. Metroids are supposed to be that big. They made them smaller in the Prime games.

What is everyone's overall thoughts on assist trophies and the new funky items like Dragoon?

Me, I'm not yet sure if I'm going to like them. SSB has always been enjoyable to me because of its simple nature. We'll see though, the dev team seems like they could pull it off really well.

What is everyone's overall thoughts on assist trophies and the new funky items like Dragoon?

Me, I'm not yet sure if I'm going to like them. SSB has always been enjoyable to me because of its simple nature. We'll see though, the dev team seems like they could pull it off really well.

as soon as i turn the game on the first thing im doing is turning all items off

Turn them off?

Assist trophies? Awesome. Basically like Pokéballs to me but with more scope for cameos, which is what Smash Bros. is about for me as an individual universe conceptually.

As for things like the Dragoon? I don't know. It looks cool, but fighting over items like that, collecting them for the long term... I agree with you. The past two games have not been bad. I just don't know. I'm not even so sure I'm too hot about Smash Balls.

For the most part, I think Sora Ltd. will do a good job, as they're being led by Sakurai-san, the original Smash director. He knows what the game is all about. It's basically his game.

I'm sure anything that someone finds undesirable can be turned off or avoided altogether.

Not to start the whole "item" debate/bullcrap again, but I'm actually looking forward to messing around with every toy they give me in the game. The more chaos, the better, in my opinion.

And I do love the idea of assist trophies. Great fun can be had with these. Can't wait to try them and the other stuff out.

Haha, I was reading the Metroid page on wikipedia (don't ask), and, well... the last line caught me by surprise.

Also introduced in Super Metroid was a musical theme that played during several boss battles (which some say sounded like something of a sinister remix of the theme music to the 1966 television show, Mission: Impossible).[19] Despite being used for other bosses, the theme became particularly associated with Ridley, and has been featured solely during all the subsequent battles against him.

Ridley is in Super smash bros brawl.

I just thought that was pretty funny. Are there a bunch of people who go around putting fake Brawl info in Wikipedia all day? I'll bet there's a bunch of poor souls who go around REMOVING fake Brawl info from wikipedia all day =P

Hah, the guy didn't even capitalize the name of the game ^_^