Super Smash Bros. Brawl

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, the thread's main purpose was always Brawl. It was made in the hope that the next SSB would be announced at E3. Although yeah, it kinda became an "all things smash" thread for a while.

I just realized this thread has been around for over a year and a half. Holy shit.

Listen, I know it was and still is completely off topic, but what the hell is this nonsense about crocomire. Crystal flash? Wtf? One battle scene? Wtf? You shoot missiles into his mouth to make him back into the lava. He presumably dies and floats on the current. Then you fight his melty fleshed skeleton. C'est tout. What game are y'all playing?

Are you playing a hacked ROM or something?

I still have both of my carts (Christmas miscommunication), and you only fight him once.

He falls into the acid, his flesh melts, his skeletal remains come back and knock down the spiky wall at the other end of the corridor, end of story.

----------

I'm just kinda hoping they announce another Newcomer, since there's still one empty spot they could put a character on the Dojo. I won't be surprised if they don't; I just think it'd be a nice way to resume updates.

Would've been a nice way to salute the holidays, too...

Funny how they can get away with just showing random gameplay clips followed by a picture of the case for a commercial in Japan. In the US most people would be like wtf is this on my TV? We gotta have live action and whatnot. Or at the very least in-game cutscenes. Y'know, cause they're prettier.

Thanks Airwalker! You made my day.

So, I'm going to a Melee/Mariokart tourny tomorrow at my library. I don't think I have anything to worry about, do you? I mean, it is just Dubuque, Iowa, after all...

Nope.

Unless that was posted on Smashboards, you probably won't even see halfway decent people there.

Also, is that a Metroid I see in commercial 2 at about 22 seconds?

Yeah, I'm not too worried. I wouldn't have even seen its add in my newspaper unless my friend hadn't pointed it out to me in class. So hopefully, none of the good smash players from around here will have even gotten that far. Not only that, but there's a more serious tournament going on in Des Moines today, so they might not even be in town!

In the best case scenario, I'll be surrounded by n00bie 10 year olds who just use Bowser and Roy, and I'll take 1st place easy!

I'm just wondering how exactly I should train...Since this likely doesn't even have a hint of professionalism, should I even bother training in 4-stock, no item matches on Fountain of Dreams? For all I know, they'll be using 2-min, normal item matches or something!

Also, my main is C. Falcon. Got any specific tips?