Sign in to follow this  
The Damned

Nintendo DS

It seems high, but then you see that the DS has sold more than twice the amount of the PSP. Then it doesn't seem like that high of a number anymore :P

Not really. I fully expected the PSP to not even sell for 10 million. That seemed like a huge stretch but apparently I was wrong. It just seems the market is able to support more than one handhelds nowadays.

PS- It's really amazing how much time I'm spending on Brain Training 2. BEST GAME EVUR

playing phoenix wright 3 after having it so long finally

first case was quite awesome i must say

It still isn't on the two sites that I go to; what's the ROM number associated with it?

--Not that it really matters, since I'm still working on the 2nd game. Had to start over again after I lost my DS and flashcard last week. :|

Edit: And yeah supremespleen, Halo DS looked pretty cool. Maybe someday the demo will be leaked...

Interesting, I never knew about Halo DS until these videos. But from what I hear, the graphics (on the lower screen) and gun animations and all that are identical to the goldeneye rogue agent stuff. Which wasn't so great on ds. In fact, didn't EA make that game? So what's the connection here?

It still isn't on the two sites that I go to; what's the ROM number associated with it?

It's 1342.

Phantom Hourglass = Great.

Absolutely -- I can't get enough of it right now. Glad to see that Nintendo still has the charm...

So I managed to get in about 30-45 min last night on Phantom Hourglass, and is it just me or are the controls really unresponsive when it comes to rolling? Anyone have any tips they find help when trying to perform a roll?

That's pretty much the only negative thing I have to say about the game thus far, and I can't wait to get more time in on the game this weekend.

Any one got any idea on length? Ten, twenty hours? More, less? I know that it just came out (in North America, that is), but play length is an important aspect for deciding what games I get.

Any one got any idea on length? Ten, twenty hours? More, less? I know that it just came out (in North America, that is), but play length is an important aspect for deciding what games I get.

From what I hear, it's like 15-20 (longer if you do all the sidequest stuff), but I'll be seeing in the next week or two first hand the length of the game. I'm sure there'll be people on here that'll beating well before me, and I think it was Kak that already played through the Japanese version so he'd be the man to answer this question properly.

EDIT:

hold your stylus near the edge of the screen and draw little circles. This should make it work better.

Maybe I just need to play with it more, but I haven't had much luck with that thus far. Maybe I'm not holding it for long enough before I begin trying to draw small circles or something.

So I managed to get in about 30-45 min last night on Phantom Hourglass, and is it just me or are the controls really unresponsive when it comes to rolling? Anyone have any tips they find help when trying to perform a roll?

That's pretty much the only negative thing I have to say about the game thus far, and I can't wait to get more time in on the game this weekend.

I can't roll if my life depended on it. I also do that drawing circles at the very edge and it hardly helps any.

Anyway, I have gotten a good hour and 45 minutes into the game. So far I'm really liking it. The whole making notes on the map feature is very useful. This game actually feels much different from other Zelda games but in a good way. I'm glad Gamespot didn't contradict themselves for once and actually gave this game a good score for its innovative new features and fresh feel.

Good experience so far.

Speaking of Pokemon does anyone still play Diamond and Pearl. I got like three of those Movie Darkrais left but nobody wants them. Why is it so hard to believe that someone lives in Japan?

I figured out why PH was so unique, and its not the control. The same game would be pretty much feasible using other controls. However what this game changed was the general idea.

Its more of a puzzle game with action elements than an action game with puzzles.

Speaking of Pokemon does anyone still play Diamond and Pearl. I got like three of those Movie Darkrais left but nobody wants them. Why is it so hard to believe that someone lives in Japan?

ME! I WANT ONE! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

Codes in sig, is your's in the OCR clan database?

From what I hear, it's like 15-20 (longer if you do all the sidequest stuff), but I'll be seeing in the next week or two first hand the length of the game. I'm sure there'll be people on here that'll beating well before me, and I think it was Kak that already played through the Japanese version so he'd be the man to answer this question properly.

Yeah, they said 70+ hours on IGN for TP too, and my first playthrough took 40, 25 on my second (getting everything but poe souls on both). I'm figuring it'll probably be less than 15 hours on PH for most of us.

EDIT: 300g.jpg

It's 1342.

Ha.

One site has ROM #1342 as "New Touch Game Party (Europe)(Independent)" and my other has it as "Gyakuten Saiban 3 (J)". :?

It's mass chaos!

ME! I WANT ONE! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

Codes in sig, is your's in the OCR clan database?

Yeah my code (use my Pearl code) is in the Database. Just AIM me when you wanna do a trade. I am usally available from 0100-0430 Japan Standard Time (I think that is like 1300-1630 Central time).

Yeah my code (use my Pearl code) is in the Database. Just AIM me when you wanna do a trade. I am usally available from 0100-0430 Japan Standard Time (I think that is like 1300-1630 Central time).
Brush, I've got you added. I also sent you a whole bunch of messages on aim last night. Not sure if I ever will be around when you are though. Maybe send an extra to The Damned and he could hook me up?

That is if you have any left. My FC is: 2620-9082-6449

Thanks!

I'm usually around from 7:00-7:40 AM and then 8:00-10:30 PM.

Will do. See you sometime around then. Also, if I can't get to you over AIM, I will try the OCR clan IRC channel, and then the other OCR ones.

Got to play just a bit more PH last night...

-Got the hourglass and went through Temple of the Ocean King with it, and found it to be really enjoyable. I also really enjoy using the shoulder button as a quick-key for using the selected item, though I didn't figure that out till after I was done with...whatever fire temple (on Ember Island or whatnot). Having that as an option really takes the "clunk" out of using the boomerang, hence is more enjoyable. Starting to figure out the rolls...slowly. I can get it to work about 1/2 the time now.-

I was at the local Mall and saw some Japanese kids playing PH and thought to myself "that could be me" but then I realized that I still haven't got past the monkey part of TP.