OCR01476 - Rayman 2 "Disconnected"

Very nicely done, I must say.

It most definately has a groove, and one that doesn't want to leave. The play on a familiar tune at 1:12 fit quite well, and I'm really digging the percussive works.

Instrumentation is top notch, and I feel as though each component to this song is not only great sounding, but well placed. Keep up the good work.

Man, FINALLY a rayman remix has passed the cold border into OCRemix. Too bad that I haven't played this game, but I can still recognize some melodies strolling around somewhere, except for yankee doodle one. :wink:

The music was very funky and nice, the bassy synth offered a good background for this arrangement, and the overall mixed use of different instruments from flutes, indian strings and weird bells, well, the list can get quite long. There was a break from the jolly and happy feeling a while between 1:44 until 2:22, and somehow it suited perfectly. In the game itself, you couldn't really know when you would come to a musty, swampy place with pirates behind every corner, tree and what-not.

This remix is a splendid pioneer for future Rayman remixes, great job chthonic. Say hi to Rayman for me.

I think DJP was drunk when he posted this becuase of all the grammatical errors, but anyways...

This is a groovy remix. I've never played the game, but I think I'll have to look around for this OST if this mix is an indicator of the grooviness of the soundtrack.

This mix, I'd say, is wonderfully abstract, but at the same time it is well-structured. I assume that this was produced and remixed on FL Studio by the talking synths.

This game was one of the best in its day; it had its goofiness and its depth, making it a game suitable for a wider age range than most action/adventure/strategy games. I'll have to look at the details of this mix to find out WHERE THE HECK YOU GOT 'DEM RAYMAN MIDIS FROM! (That is, if you used a midi).

The music in that game is some of the best music in all of game musicdom!

I've been waiting ever since I found OC ReMix for a Rayman mix.

This song is great. It always gives me a feel of almost being inside the game. The beats are tight and human, and the composition pays homage to the original tunage with the same pizzacato riff you find in most of the game levels.

Excellent job!

10/10

OMFG.

THANK YOU.

You cannot imagine the estatic frenzy I went into when I saw this on the front page. 3 friggin years of looking for a -decent- Ray!remix and I finally have it! :D I'm giddy with joy.

Quite obviously, I really like this. At first I thought that familiar Rayman tune I know and love wouldn't make an appearance but fortunately it did. Then I was like "wtf was that yankee doodle lol" but that fit in well with the remix. Like the fact that the robo-pirate theme was added 'bout halfway through the song, and that lil string instrument thingie that's part of the game as well. Heck, everything sounded more Rayman-ish as the music progresses.

I would go on but I suck at reviews so I'll do the favour of saving page space here. I'm downloading this as I type and god, just this alone made my whole miserable day. Once again, THANK YOU :mrgreen:

OMFG.

THANK YOU.

You cannot imagine the estatic frenzy I went into when I saw this on the front page. 3 friggin years of looking for a -decent- Ray!remix and I finally have it! :D I'm giddy with joy.

Quite obviously, I really like this. At first I thought that familiar Rayman tune I know and love wouldn't make an appearance but fortunately it did. Then I was like "wtf was that yankee doodle lol" but that fit in well with the remix. Like the fact that the robo-pirate theme was added 'bout halfway through the song, and that lil string instrument thingie that's part of the game as well. Heck, everything sounded more Rayman-ish as the music progresses.

I would go on but I suck at reviews so I'll do the favour of saving page space here. I'm downloading this as I type and god, just this alone made my whole miserable day. Once again, THANK YOU :mrgreen:

this is why I remix, people

well, this and for pure selfish personal satisfaction

When the string part comes in at 1:44 and the little weird noise that sounds like someone hitting glass bottles at 2:06, they sound exactly like the instruments from the game. Well done! I can't wait for more of your work!

Oh hell yeah, Rayman is my favorite platformer series. Ever. I like it better then that so called "platform master" Mario.

I love the remix. Seriously, everything... well Yankee Doodle was uncessary but whatever. You friggin rock Chthonic.

(BTW they mispronounced your name in VGDJ)

(BTW they mispronounced your name in VGDJ)

YES!

Even though she said it right back when it was with Rayza. They even made fun of it, I remember. They reviewed your My Turn To Dream mix and then commented on how the correct pronounciation made them sound like a gay salesman or something. They still didn't get it right.

el oh el

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01476 - Rayman 2 "Disconnected"