OCR03166 - Final Fantasy Tactics "Finding Somebody to Love in This Meager World"

djpretzel

My God.

I'm not exaggerating here, this remix literally brought tears to my eyes. I don't think any other remix has managed to do that, save maybe "October Rain." A beautifully layered-together piece featuring several of the best pieces off of the masterwork that is the Final Fantasy Tactics soundtrack, that somehow takes them and brings the moving scenes of the game to life in a deeply articulated way, while at the same time more than the original tracks (not better, just more). 

This track made Daniel Kaelin my personal hero. And Stevo for actually making it, of course. Made a somewhat shitty last couple of months all worthwhile just to hear this piece.

It's pretty great!

Didn't think to use a 12-string guitar but it actually works quite well given Sakimoto's layered, complex scores for his FF stuff. If it's ok I'll send this piece to him when I get a chance.

Definitely sure Stevo would be down with that; never a need to ask to pass on a mix to Sakimoto. We've got a good FF12 mix (along with other FFs in there, but mostly FF12) coming soon too. :-)

EDIT (6/25): RebeccaETripp - Final Fantasy XII, VI, IX, V & VII 'Final Fantasy Forest Medley'

I loved hearing about the remixer's journey towards this song. I totally understand what it is to be afraid to remix one of the most cherished themes in your library (mine is from Final Fantasy Adventure!), so I hope you understand when I say that you have truly accomplished your goal. The transition section starting at 2:10 really shines as an example of the beauty and range of the piece. Special props to the emotive and powerful ending. Congratulations, Level 99 - you've done FFT proud.

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet lord, Stevo, this is absolutely beautiful. 12-string works amazingly for these themes and I love the sound of it. I can understand the hesitation to ReMix music from FFT, but you've certainly nailed it. Lots of emotion that really stirs you up inside. Cool ReMix for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR03166 - Final Fantasy Tactics "Finding Somebody to Love in This Meager World"