Sony PS3

Bigfoot

I'm concerned enough about whether the Wii's going to have enough original games to justify a purchase.

And I suppose the Xbox 360 had original titles that justified a purchase? Come now, if ANYONE is going to have original titles to warrant a purchase it's going to be the Wii this generation.

Again, I really wonder if the shortage of PS3s is deliberate.

If it was deliberate then they would have released a shortage of consoles this past spring. They wouldn't have cited a manufacturing problem either (the blue diodes).

Everybody will buy a Wii, and it'll be real cool for like 2-3 weesk, but after that people will be missing the regular controller.

People will be missing the regular controller huh? All those mom's and dad's and casual gamers who just love the classic controller?

I'm concerned enough about whether the Wii's going to have enough original games to justify a purchase.

And I suppose the Xbox 360 had original titles that justified a purchase? Come now, if ANYONE is going to have original titles to warrant a purchase it's going to be the Wii this generation.

Everybody will buy a Wii, and it'll be real cool for like 2-3 weesk, but after that people will be missing the regular controller.

People will be missing the regular controller huh? All those mom's and dad's and casual gamers who just love the classic controller?

Take it to the Wii thread. We need more discussion there anyway. :P

Moon: You're a little off. If they made 4 million units from Jan 07 to Mar 07 and kept that rate constant, they'd have a grand total of about 18 mill units by the end of the year. That's a lot of units, actually.

Sorry I meant to say "exclusive" rather than original. I'm sure the Wii will show the most originality, but I have to question whether there will be enough must-haves for it. Besides Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Tales of Phantasia, and SSBM, the GC didn't have a very impressive lineup of exclusives and I'm concerned the Wii could turn out the same way. You won't see me buying an Xbox or 360 for the same reason: it's a system for ports. At least Xbox was the most powerful system for them.

And SMG, and MP3...

It won't be easy for the PS3 unless they can bump up production.

Not that they'll necessarily be able to meet it, but you know they're aiming for 2 million by the end of the year and 6 million by March 07. Gamespot article

If they keep on that track, they'd be at like 10-15 million worldwide by the end of 07.

But even the 2 million units by end-year was said to be a purely optmistic number.

I don't think Sony will be sitting on thier hands while the Wii is selling hotcakes. They will be producing the PS3 as fast as they can. The shortage hype will help boost interest, then when the second batch of consoles are released you can be sure those will be snapped up as well. I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I won't be able to get a Japanese PS3 at launch, but I will definitely get one as soon as I can.

Not counting OCR, I have yet to meet someone who actually WANTS a PS3 to keep and not sell it on eBay. :\

Everyone at work that wants one just wants to sell it.

Well, it is hard to resist making so much money by doing so little. I want a PS3 extremely bad, but if I did get my hands on one, even I might sell it for the insane prices that they are going for on Ebay. I just have to wait for the second shipment to arrive. I do think it will be more than worth it's original $600 price tag when I do get it though.

Fuck you, Sony. You destroyed a small company because you're concerned about "safety"? Bullshit, you did it to kill imports in Europe. Why? I can't figure that out. The systems were already bought by Lik-Sang, so Sony made their money off of them.

Alright, Sony fans. Let's see you defend this one.

. . . Damn, Lik-sang was one of my favorite places to get imports from, those frigging bastards.

Blue-Ray LEDs are made with the souls of aborted fetuses.

And the Cell processors are formed from the tears of a thousand weeping rape victims. Each.

And the vibration in the controllers? They were made by vibrating fairies. WHICH ARE NOW EXTINCT.

Wow, awesome.

Well, that's why they had to make up all the BS about waiting for an appeal.

I find this interesting, because it lists the names of high-ups in Sony's Europe division who imported PSPs from Lik-Sang. Overall, what was Sony thinking? How, in anyway, shape or form is this a good thing, for anyone? Sony has sealed it for me... Not that $600 was out of my range anyway. Mouser X out.

I have to see Evilhead's comment on this. I really do.

Since when have I become the representative of Sony?

I couldn't care less what the company does. Kill off small businesses? Do I give a shit? No. All I care about is the games. Everything else is just politics, and extremely stupid politics at that. If you are going to get up in arms about something, there are many more pressing matters in the world today. Video games are not that important.