Sony PS3

Bigfoot

It's not inappropriate whatsoever, unless you're irritatingly sensitive.

The woman is white. The man is black. They represent the PSP colors, and white is newer so they have to make it look better.

If she was whipping him or said something like "I could have had you shot", then I'd agree. Otherwise, drop the "ZOMGRACIST" crap.

The woman is white. The man is black. They represent the PSP colors, and white is newer so they have to make it look better.

If she was whipping him or said something like "I could have had you shot", then I'd agree. Otherwise, drop the "ZOMGRACIST" crap.

I think there was another one where she was fighting a black woman or something.

I think there was another one where she was fighting a black woman or something.

And? What, that's supposed to represent some non-existant battle between blacks and whites? No, it's an advertisement for a PSP color. It doesn't mean shit except "Hey, we have a new color! Make us some money and buy it!"

And? What, that's supposed to represent some non-existant battle between blacks and whites? No, it's an advertisement for a PSP color. It doesn't mean shit except "Hey, we have a new color! Make us some money and buy it!"

Lol. Good job reading WAY too much into my post.

I know it was ambiguous, but sheesh.

Wow.......

Points on the freaky factor, but besides that.......it's a pointless add.

"Graphics so sharp that it will make your eyes bleed!!""

"I want one, but i cant afford it....Whaaa"

Agreed, but you know that most people are gona use that racist card crap. Probably not the smartest idea for a add, but still. I dont find nothing wrong with it, but it all depends on how you see it.

Seriously, what use are ethics to a big company? Absolutely nothing.

So, I'm pretty peeved that the PS3 won't upscale 480i, PS1 or PS2 games to 480p. I'm sure Sony could've used their oh so powerful Cell processor to manage a little upscaling...

:x

It might have to do with the fact that there is a seperate PS2 (and PS1) inside the machine rather than using emulation like the 360.

The upscaling thing might not be good since it could emphasize pixelation and other graphical problems. Happens with a lot of games that game developers try to upscale or put anti-aliasing and actually make the game look worse than they used to.

Yeah upscaling can get very ugly. Playing old PS1 games on newer TVs also get just as ugly - I remember playing Breath of Fire IV in the summer on my HDTV at home and wow did it look horrible.

The upscaling thing might not be good since it could emphasize pixelation and other graphical problems. Happens with a lot of games that game developers try to upscale or put anti-aliasing and actually make the game look worse than they used to.

Yeah upscaling can get very ugly. Playing old PS1 games on newer TVs also get just as ugly - I remember playing Breath of Fire IV in the summer on my HDTV at home and wow did it look horrible.

That can be true, but it all depends on the device doing the upscaling. The XRGB2/3 for instance does a really good job all around, but it would cost me ~$300 to get, So I figured I'd wait for the PS3. :cry:

Now I don't claim to know what hardware makes a good upscaler, but I think the PS3 could probably do a really good job deinterlacing/upscaling those older games.

I can understand them saying "no enhancements like texture filtering/FSAA" but upscaling can be done to all games with no chance of there being any compatibility problems (Unlike that new Xploder HDTV accessory for the PS2)

Heh. What I loved about the whole outcry over the PSP ad, is that it was AMERICANS bitching about an ad from ANOTHER COUNTRY, to the point they damn near started lobbying that the ads be taken down.

"Uh, hello? Common sense here. I'd absolutely -love- to talk to you. So, if you could maybe return my message, maybe we'll touch base sometime and see if any of me rubs off onto you, alright? Thanks, bye."

That can be true, but it all depends on the device doing the upscaling. The XRGB2/3 for instance does a really good job all around, but it would cost me ~$300 to get, So I figured I'd wait for the PS3. :cry:

Now I don't claim to know what hardware makes a good upscaler, but I think the PS3 could probably do a really good job deinterlacing/upscaling those older games.

I can understand them saying "no enhancements like texture filtering/FSAA" but upscaling can be done to all games with no chance of there being any compatibility problems (Unlike that new Xploder HDTV accessory for the PS2)

Well, Sony is a company that seems focused on having consumers excited about future releases and not nostalgia for old games, so I can see why they wouldn't go for upscaling old PS1 games - besides, it takes time from their R&D that could be better spent improving the PS3 hardware.

Well, Sony is a company that seems focused on having consumers excited about future releases and not nostalgia for old games, so I can see why they wouldn't go for upscaling old PS1 games - besides, it takes time from their R&D that could be better spent shafting their customers through the arse with BS and coarse wooden broomsticks.

From Engadget, some Chinese site called ChinaGBA takes apart the SIXAXIS controller.

http://www.cngba.com/viewthread.php?tid=16197147&extra=page%3D1

Wow, that is really interesting; I wish I could read it though.

Wow looks just like the insides of a ps2 conrtoller. well except for the battery pack and the leds.

Similar, but there actually quite a few differences.

http://www.takeitapart.net/archives/ps2-controller/

Not exactly PS3 related, but very much related on the news of a Sony console, Final Fantasy XII will be released about a day from now. And Gametrailers.com will put up a review when it does (pretty much one of the few review sites I actually take note. Not just because of the pretty video presentation either).

Then, the long wait for FFXIII will begin.

From Engadget, some Chinese site called ChinaGBA takes apart the SIXAXIS controller.

http://www.cngba.com/viewthread.php?tid=16197147&extra=page%3D1

Wow, that is really interesting; I wish I could read it though.

Wow looks just like the insides of a ps2 conrtoller. well except for the battery pack and the leds.

Similar, but there actually quite a few differences.

http://www.takeitapart.net/archives/ps2-controller/

I don't remember what company it was, but they were considering producing a third party PS3 controller with rumble. Of course they said it would all depend on support from developers whether or not they'd make one. But I for one think that would definitively be awesome if it panned out.

Well, Sony is a company that seems focused on having consumers excited about future releases and not nostalgia for old games, so I can see why they wouldn't go for upscaling old PS1 games - besides, it takes time from their R&D that could be better spent improving the PS3 hardware.

I think that if the PS3 upscaled games to 480p it's demand would go up a lot more, and again I don't really think it would take much on their part to do so.

(just like the PS2, which should have had the ability to output any game in progressive scan (And it can without a performance hit, since it renders every game internally at 640x480) but they left it up to developers to enable it per game)