David Bowie dead at 69

Brandon Strader

What can I say.. David Bowie was a legend and shaped so much of what music has become today, in so many different genres. I count him among my influences. It is sad to lose such a, still active and amazing, musician... not to mention great actor. Labyrinth is a classic. 

Labyrinth is amazing and always seems to get missed out when people discuss his work, both as a film and as a soundtrack. The man was legendary in his ability to reinvent himself with almost every album; if you look at his catalogue there's pretty much something for everybody who has any interest in music! RIP Mr Bowie, off to see the Star-Man waiting in the sky.

I've been a fan of Bowie since about the age of five, and he's always been the most important musician to me. He even did some VGM for Omikron: The Nomad Soul (not just the songs which ended up on the ..hours album either). Really sad he's gone.

I don't have Blackstar yet, but the stuff I've heard (especially Sue) really hits the spots for me. Sounded like they (Bowie and Visconti) weren't happy with thinking outside  the box enough when making The New Day and were able to break that down on the new album. Experimental Bowie is the Bowie I like best so I'm sad there wasn't more to come in this vein.. but most of all I'm just thankful for so much great music and inspiration.

I like a lot of music and musicians. But it's always been Bowie for me. Brilliant mind. And yet I'm not sad that he's died. I'm thankful that he lived. All I can think of is the wonder and happiness he gave me, and am pleased he left his mark. Maybe It hasn't sunk in yet, but it would be selfish of me to ask for more than he's given. 

Rest in peace David x

9 hours ago, Trism said:

This popped up in my Facebook feed :)

12493492_1196190947062360_15332914129264

That quote is a tweet that originated on Twitter. Here's the original tweet (also we have Twitter embedding? since when?)

This hit me quite hard, so I'd like to share a picture by Yoshitaka Amano (longtime Final Fantasy character artist and logo artist) that is the most David Bowie picture to ever David Bowie.

12509316_1124662754240509_10836467340775

For my money the songs that come to mind first from Bowie are Modern Love and Rock and Roll Suicide. I like them both too much to embed just one video so I won't.

Sucks he had to go, I skimmed through one of his new Black Star videos the day before I heard he died.