Liontamer

OCR03430 - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island "A Long Way Home"

15 posts in this topic

Thank you for this remix. You put a lot of effort into this, and like was said in the write up the instruments chosen were really nice and it held my interest for the full 5 minutes.

Definitely getting the feels from this one. Which is what this source deserves. Clean & well-balanced production and some great sound design here. An unexpected arrangement for sure, which makes it that much better - it's mellow and reflective, and has a good dynamic curve. Great work!!

Some of the OC ReMixes have become "classics" for me, like "Castle of Tears" (DigiE), or "Essence of Lime" (Hylian Lemon). I think this now joins them. :)

I have been listening and downloading songs from this site for over 7 years now. This song is what prompted me to register for an account. It gave me actual goosebumps in the first 20 seconds. A glorious addition and probably now on my top 5 out of 1000+ remixes I have heard. Great job! 

Definitely wasn't expecting this take, but holy moly it sure is good. There's really not much to say here other than it's freaking beautiful.

Thanks so much for this gorgeous piece of music! 

Wow, love the samples used here. The buildup in the first 40 seconds or so was amazing. The soothing rhytm with the soft synths is a great combination. Awesome remix!

What is this genre of music called?

This is a smashing song, and quite unexpected.

I -barely- remember this song...  But I'm glad you liked the song so much and did this remix, because it's really really great.  It's a different take song on the song, but yet I feel it still evoking the same memories I had when I played this gem of a game.

Great job, and nice style.  :]

Man, everything about this remix is absolutely perfect. From the light build-up where Noel blended glassy, shiny ivories with mellow, soothing synts to the purely genius usage of in-game sfx (1:48 gives me goosebumps every time, dang!) evry little thing, every detail shines here. I can't help but smile whenever this song plays in my music player. The sources are already gems, but this approach takes them to the whole new level. Mad props for this track!