VOCR: Vocal Remixing Compo- WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Jillian Aversa

Dude, don't worry about it. Doesn't matter how much your stuff sucks or even if you don't think you're that good. This is all in good fun.

Plus, can't gain experience without trying, you know?

I'm not upset. I just have to figure out a way to record while it's playing without recording the song itself again. :?

record the background music to a cd, or sync it to a mp3 player. The listen to it on headphones on a low volume, and record and sing off the mike?

I actually used my headset to record(lawlz I have no real mic), so I tried this already. It doesn't work. In fact, the music is recorded louder this way. :o

I know that can work, because I've done recording that way before. Maybe a headset would mess it up, though.

Dude, don't worry about it. Doesn't matter how much your stuff sucks or even if you don't think you're that good. This is all in good fun.

I'm not upset. I just have to figure out a way to record while it's playing without recording the song itself again. :?

record the background music to a cd, or sync it to a mp3 player. The listen to it on headphones on a low volume, and record and sing off the mike?

I actually used my headset to record(lawlz I have no real mic), so I tried this already. It doesn't work. In fact, the music is recorded louder this way. :o

I know that can work, because I've done recording that way before. Maybe a headset would mess it up, though.

No it doesn't, I just think he's doing it wrong.

No it doesn't, I just think he's doing it wrong.

It's actually probably my headset, because it's a really, really cheap headset. I got it from BJs in a set of three for about $20. It's got no noise cancellation and you can hear the music coming out of the headphones when you're sitting halfway across the room. :lol:

I'm not submitting anything this round, nor probably any round until the beginning of May 2008. This army stuff is tougher than it sounds, and I while I do have weekends off, that's not enough time to do anything, because in Israel, weekends are only Saturday.

I'm glad that this has taken off well, and people are having fun. Once I'm out of the army, expect an entry from me.

:?

Well, I've decided not to extend the deadline. It would be unrealistic, because I could only push it back a day or two, and I doubt that would make a difference for all the sickies. It's a crappy time of year for a vocal competition, but I'm still surprised at how many people have dropped out so far. I have a feeling we're gonna get less than half the original list... and that's pretty disappointing.

12 hours left!

It's a shame that so many people have dropped, but keep in mind, this is only the first incarnation of VOCR. The upside is that next time, when (hopefully) everyone's healthy again, VOCR v2 will be bigger and better. In addition, I'm sure there's a lot of talent in VOCR v1. This isn't gonna be a bust by any standards, I don't think.

Well, from the original list of 28, we got a whopping 7 entries... one of them being my own. :? Weak. There's really no point in giving out three great prizes when the competition's so slim. Soooooo...

I'M EXTENDING THE DEADLINE FOUR MORE DAYS, TILL 9 PM EST, WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 27TH!

A lot of you claimed to have technical problems, illness, or not enough time, so here's your chance. Please PM me ASAP if you plan on entering. I'm counting on you guys!

P.S. Current contestants are welcome to revise and resubmit!

I couldn't finish the lyrics until about Thursday night (with help from a friend) due to getting sick constantly, a full time job, and college final exams. Two days was just not enough time to practice and record this, especially when I have visiting family from out of town for the holidays and working at my job.

I'm excited and thinking I should be able to finish something by the new deadline. Count me in!

:D

Zircon, is this going to be the final arrangement for the song you're submitting to OC Remix, or are you going to make a longer version or change it a bit? The problem I have is that I have three verses written, but your arrangment is rather short, only long enough for two verses.

Just to be safe you had better get the winner's permission before submitting to the site, and perhaps working with them to make sure they have a complete song (not that I'm actually expecting to win this thing :P)

Zircon, is this going to be the final arrangement for the song you're submitting to OC Remix, or are you going to make a longer version or change it a bit? The problem I have is that I have three verses written, but your arrangment is rather short, only long enough for two verses.

Just to be safe you had better get the winner's permission before submitting to the site, and perhaps working with them to make sure they have a complete song (not that I'm actually expecting to win this thing :P)

Don't worry, it's definitely not a finished version, and I know he plans on working with the winner(s) extensively before submitting.