Sign in to follow this  
Pipez

Sega Genesis Mini

Good News everyone!  Looks like Sega has decided to go with M2, so emulation won't likely be a problem  with this one.  Also, it will use the 3 button layout, unless you go with the Japanese version.  So far only 10 out of 40 games have been revealed, which includes:

• Altered Beast
  • Castlevania: Bloodlines
  • Comix Zone
  • Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine
  • Ecco the Dolphin
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Shining Force
  • Sonic The Hedgehog
  • Space Harrier II
  • ToeJam & Earl

https://iearths.blogspot.com/2019/03/the-sega-genesis-mini-comes-home-this.html

Edited by Pipez

Thrilled that they finally ditched AtGames. This is going to be the mini console sega fans have wanted for ages.  

Never mind that even though i've bought these exact same games repeatedly for every console generation since the days the Genesis AND steam....

...life continues to be awesome.  Gonna buy 20 of 'em. :)

Gunstar Heroes was such a hyped game back in the day.  I guess it hasn't aged that well since I rarely hear any praise for that game anymore.

Overall, I am pretty excited about this, though.  I've played through NES and SNES games a lot in recent years thanks to emulation and/or Nintendo eShop, so those minis didn't really do it for me, but playing Genesis games on that big boomerang controller again would be amazing.