Sony PSP

The Damned

Uhm... wow. This one fell behind.

Bumping so no one comes in and makes a new one.

Also... uh... anything new happening in the PSP? I think there's a God Of War game for it now.

GoW isn't out yet, not til March 08.

Right now everyone should be playing Jeanne d'Arc, which is the best SRPG since FFT. And speaking of FFT, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War or the Lions comes out next Tuesday. If it's not the most beautiful thing I've seen in 10 years, beauty doesn't exist.

A brief snapshot of what the new version contains:

-Brand new animated cutscenes, with voice acting

-Two new jobs: Onion Knight and Dark Knight

-Two new characters: Lusa (from FFTA) and Balthier (from FF12)

And there's more. FFT GOTY PSP? Depends on how Silent Hill Origins fares, but it's making a strong case.

I want a PSP Slim, and it's crossed my mind to trade in my old one but it's not worth it. Also, I'm going to pick up War of the Lions next Wednesday because I have a half-day at school.

Yeah, I've been thinking of trading mine in for a PSP Slim as well. Being able to play on a tv sounds pretty cool, but also something that I'd probably quit doing after a while as the novelty wore off. Anyway, I'm super-hyped for War of the Lions as I've been wanting to replay Tactics for a while now and I've been listening to the original soundtrack a lot lately. Hopefully I'll have Phantom Hourglass beaten by then.

And with all those SNES and Genesis roms you'll be playing on it, it will be even sexier!

no

slim doesnt support 1.5 kernel

all that could be installed is custom firmware to support iso running/psx games

no homebrew at all

aka psp fat reigns king

• 3 weeks later...
I said that a couple weeks ago when it first came out, and lo and behold, I magically found $200 waiting to be spent (but probably shouldn't have been). Still, I'm very happy with it. The PSP has a far higher "sexy" factor than the DS.

That's what I've been trying to say for almost a year now. PSP is the sexy gamer's portable.

By the way, Phthisis, will you be picking up Silent Hill 0rigins on Nov. 6?

Also, why has nobody mentioned MGSPO+?! Or the second MGS digital comic? Or Dead Head Fred?! Or Silent Hill 0rigins!? Did I mention that Silent Hill 0rigins is coming out?

Sincerely,

Silent Hill 0rigins

That's what I've been trying to say for almost a year now. PSP is the sexy gamer's portable.

By the way, Phthisis, will you be picking up Silent Hill 0rigins on Nov. 6?

Also, why has nobody mentioned MGSPO+?! Or the second MGS digital comic? Or Dead Head Fred?! Or Silent Hill 0rigins!? Did I mention that Silent Hill 0rigins is coming out?

Sincerely,

Silent Hill 0rigins

Of course. It's only the reason I bought my PSP this year once the slim came out. I'm super excited. I played it at both E3 and E for All this year, but I only gave it a cursory demo because I'm trying not to spoil it.

i kinda dont like how its new super mario brosish

it feels slow

Especially with 2D games that were supped up. Astonishia Story was good, but the loading times for spells and arrow hits and benign squash animations for mice and scorpions were terrible.

Also, downgrading should NEVER EVER be done unless you do LOTS of research first. That's probably been covered already.

Also, downgrading should NEVER EVER be done unless you do LOTS of research first. That's probably been covered already.

you look on a couple of forums and get full tutorials

takes 10 minutes to figure it out and 20 minutes to downgrade/upgrade to custom firmware unless youre an idiot

ive done this to like 4 psps already

vgcats

pfffffff

It may work for you, but with electronics, sadly, I have to get burned before I downgrade anything besides a computer.

I can help you, if you'd like. I have about 5 or 6 PSP's under my belt both online and off and not a one has been bricked.

Well, my personal PSP was semi bricked once, but that got fixed promptly.

How much experience do you guys have with the psp slims? ..or is it pretty much the same as the phats? I just got a slim last week and am looking to get some emulation going on mine, although from what I've read on various forums is that to get ANYTHING started on the slim, I need to do the pandora battery, which apparently requires a psp phat... or at least a psp phat battery..? Any help would be appreciated, even just a link to somewhere else entirely for that matter. :razz: