OCR00624 - Zillion "Melodic Trance"

orkybash

Zillion 'Melodic Trance'

This is smoother than U-ji's other mixes. To tell the truth I'm not sure I like it as much, but it's well executed regardless, so if you're into this kind of stuff than you should definitely enjoy this mix. The over-the-top section djp talked about didn't bother me at all - it was probably one of my favorite parts of the mix. Ah well, to each his own. I can't say I really recommend this myself, but some might like it.

• 3 months later...

Mmm, this is a perfect DDR-type song when the synth comes in at the 1:40 mark (time to make a DWI and shorten it!). The part I'm talking about also gives off a Dj Sammy - Heaven vibe. The rest is nice and quiet. Preetttyyyy.

I'd LOVE to dance that synth part in DDR. As the title suggests - very melodic. I think I want to play Zillion now.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

This song made my evening! I have listened to it at least 8 times by now and I am still digging it. I guess since we had a record hot day today 72 degrees in NC in January and I have my windows open in the dead of winter it just feels so good especially with the breeze flowing in... I really dig the synth and it stays good the whole song through...

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Very interesting take. The trance part is obvious, but it includes some christmas-sounding chimes and piano in the breakdown, which is easily my favorite part. The synths are nice, and there is a really good sounding synth choir. It is clearly synthetic, but the sample is tailored to it's strengths rather than attempting to sound realistic. While i'd prefer a more substantial ending, the shift to just drums is part of the trance genre, and in this case, forgivable.

I thought the synth acoustic guitar was a little too dry, but that's picking nits.

I wish there was more of the breakdown sprinkled throughout though.

Enjoyable and uplifting.

• 1 year later...

A nice happy trance track. Not something you hear often, but a welcome change of pace. I couldn't stay focused for the entire track, which isn't necesarily a bad thing. It doesn't lend itself to be something I have to really listen to without doing anything else. Something great to exercise to, as mentioned above. Overall an enjoyable track.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00624 - Zillion "Melodic Trance"