Xbox 360

The Damned

Does anyone else here own GripShift for XBLA? I'd describe it as a platformer more than a racer -- the midair control you have, for instance, is something that no other racing game I know of has.

In any case, I'm about halfway through all of the challenges. Give the demo a shot the next time you need to kill 15 minutes.

My current coolest moment: Beating "Moving Maze" on the Hard difficulty in 9.5 seconds (the game give you 9 minutes to finish the level, and the gold medal time is 30 seconds).

i have a 360 now. play h3 with me, please.

I hate Halo 3. But if you would like to play COD4, then let me know.

My brother just traded in his 360 for a PS3 and loves it. I might do the same. The only games i play on 360 are COD4 and Fifa and both are also for PS3. And since im Not a huge fan of FPS and i despise Halo3, i dont think i am going to miss much other than Lost Odyssey.

This is terrible logic for throwing away the 360. Of course if you really think you'll like the PS3 more, than go ahead. I'm certainly in love with my PSP, so my confidence in Sony has been restored. Of course, it DID take a good few years before I'd come to the point of buying a PSP, and the PS3 just came out... >.>;

That being said, there's plenty more than just FPSes on the 360, you want RPGs? Plenty are coming out like Infinite Undiscovery, Last Remnant, Star Ocean 4, Tales of Vesperia, and Fable 2(not my cup of tea, just throwing it out there) not to mention the ones like Mass Effect, Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon and Oblivion.

But hey, if you want that PS3, then you'll get Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII, Kingdom hearts 3, Disgaea 3, and... I dunno what else.

Note: I'm just mentioning RPGs since you seem to like Lost Odyssey.

I might give up my 360 though as well, although it's for cargo reasons. A 360 isn't really that portable...

This is terrible logic for throwing away the 360. Of course if you really think you'll like the PS3 more, than go ahead. I'm certainly in love with my PSP, so my confidence in Sony has been restored. Of course, it DID take a good few years before I'd come to the point of buying a PSP, and the PS3 just came out... >.>;

That being said, there's plenty more than just FPSes on the 360, you want RPGs? Plenty are coming out like Infinite Undiscovery, Last Remnant, Star Ocean 4, Tales of Vesperia, and Fable 2(not my cup of tea, just throwing it out there) not to mention the ones like Mass Effect, Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon and Oblivion.

But hey, if you want that PS3, then you'll get Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII, Kingdom hearts 3, Disgaea 3, and... I dunno what else.

Note: I'm just mentioning RPGs since you seem to like Lost Odyssey.

I might give up my 360 though as well, although it's for cargo reasons. A 360 isn't really that portable...

True on all accounts, i do play like to play RPGs when i have time, though thats very rare.

I have not decided exactly what im doing yet, my Birthday is a Few months away so i just might wait till then and get a PS3. So maybe i will hold off, thanks for the info.

There's no word on it as of yet, but dude, it's coming. Right now SE is so backlogged with projects like the THREE Kingdom Hearts games they're making now(Birth By Sleep for PSP, 3651/2 Days for DS, and a cellphone one), Fabula Nova Crysalis(FFXIII, Versus XIII and Agito), Infinite Undiscovery, Last Remnant, Star Ocean 2 and the U.S. translation for SO1(no official word, I'm hoping), Dissidia: Final Fantasy, Star Ocean 4, and the U.S. translation for FFIV DS(it's coming sometime in June or July apparently), and I guess a bunch of Dragon Quest games just to name a few.

But trust me, Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming, they just haven't gotten to it yet. :P

Of course there might be official word on it somewhere. I just haven't found it yet.

There's no word on it as of yet, but dude, it's coming. Right now SE is so backlogged with projects like the THREE Kingdom Hearts games they're making now(Birth By Sleep for PSP, 3651/2 Days for DS, and a cellphone one), Fabula Nova Crysalis(FFXIII, Versus XIII and Agito), Infinite Undiscovery, Last Remnant, Star Ocean 2 and the U.S. translation for SO1(no official word, I'm hoping), Dissidia: Final Fantasy, Star Ocean 4, and the U.S. translation for FFIV DS(it's coming sometime in June or July apparently), and I guess a bunch of Dragon Quest games just to name a few.

But trust me, Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming, they just haven't gotten to it yet. :P

Of course there might be official word on it somewhere. I just haven't found it yet.

I don't doubt it's coming, but I don't think it's sure-fire PS3 (especially given suprising announcements like Dragon Quest IX for DS). There's just no predicting what system(s) it'll be on at this point.

Who here picked up Ikaruga HD for XBLA today? I certainly did -- the added ability to save replays is amazing, especially for Dot Eater.

I'm planning to get both Ikaruga and the Call of Duty map pack soon.

800 points for Ikaruga is a highway robbery. $10 for such an ultimate version of the game. I'm so glad I didn't spend $50 for the Gamecube/Dreamcast versions.

The Halo maps are highway robbery. 3 maps for 800 points? I can get 6 songs on Rockband for that.

Fuck Bungie.

I guess it depends on how much of a Halo fanatic you can be. I don't think they're worth it since they become free after 3 months.

CoD4 ones, I probably have to have them now since they are apparently so well designed and basically guarantees another 25+ hours of online play time.

I can't fathom how people can stand to grind out CoD4's online gameplay. Shit bores me to tears.

How is it even possible to 'grind CoD4' anyway? There's so many ways to play and the ebbs and flow in the game is unmatched as far as FPS games go (well, maybe except for Battlefield or Unreal Tournament or something).

I played it at least for 50+ hours online time and it still feels very fresh. Then again, I never resort to one tactic ever. Onetime I'll camp and snipe, then next, run around with a heavy gun + extra armor, or next time I'll go on suicide bombing runs all the time. Then there's the fact that most maps feature at least four or five routes to fight in. There's so much more variety to it than any other FPS game I ever played. Those naturally averse to online FPS play won't understand that of course.

Halo 3 used to be fun, then the community surrounding it figured out how to cheat and I had to stop playing.

I think Halo is still pretty fun but it is pretty basic in how people manipulate the respawns by moving to strategic parts of the map. To me, that's not cheating. It's just the way people figured out how the game works. It's very archetypal of FPS games but I still think it's done really well. I remember playing Goldeneye for long hours at a time if I'm playing with other people and yet objectively, Halo has way more options going for it. Also, special stipulation matches in Halo is just amazing if you can arrange it (basically like Smash Brothers. Special custom rules just makes Halo almost unbeatable in terms of all the wacky stuff you can do. It's like f'n Portal but with people manipulating the game unnaturally). I don't think people understand how fun it can be without being burnt by all the Halo junkies who slaughter people online all the time. People can bash Halo at the surface all they want, but I know they, for the most part, haven't bothered to delve into it on the first place.

With some luck, I've managed to beat the first two levels of Ikaruga's Hard Mode without dying -- and without firing a shot. I'm hoping to finish the rest of them that way also, but the remaining three levels are really damn difficult with the gun, let alone without.

Also, for those curious about how I did level 2 -- you can fit exactly between the white,black,and red "boxes" as long as you don't shift horizontally while you're inside them. It makes for a much safer path that way!

How is it even possible to 'grind CoD4' anyway? There's so many ways to play and the ebbs and flow in the game is unmatched as far as FPS games go (well, maybe except for Battlefield or Unreal Tournament or something).

It has a ranking system right? Well there you go, everyone needs to grind their rank up.

It has a ranking system right? Well there you go, everyone needs to grind their rank up.

Except the fun isn't in grinding your rank up (not that that's even that hard to do, just play some headquarters). In fact, most of the stuff I use I either didn't unlock or didn't take long to unlock. I'm level 41 now and used the MP5 up until I unlocked the P90. Hell, I even use the red dot scope as my only add-on, and the only perks I use are claymores (which I can do without), stopping power, and the improved aiming. And I've been using those for most of the game. Some of the others I use occasionally for fun, but those are my bread and butter.

Honestly, I've rarely seen so much variety in a game without drastically changing the maps and objectives. Free-for-all and ground war are always pretty frantic. Headquarters is a constant battle to try and cap and hold the headquarters, and stuff like hardcore search and destroy and cage match are some of the most tense, edge of your seat, multiplayer gaming I've ever experienced. The basic game never changes, but how you approach it, even level by level, is rarely the same. There are few games with an online experience that's fun enough to warrant me spending even 5 hours with it, but I'm over 20 hours into this one. It just doesn't get old for me.