Xbox 360

The Damned

Going for LCD, preferably something in the 32/37 range. That'll put me in the 720p range, which is fine, since I do have my finances to consider. :P

Haha, good plan.

So, this is the tv my brother and I got my parents for Christmas. 32" Sharp lcd, 720p. Like it says on the site, contrast ratio is 1200:1 (btw, I'd recommend ignoring the dynamic contrast ratio for any of these), which is pretty stanard for LCD tvs. I thought it was a really nice display, though one drawback for future use if you don't plan to use a receiver with it is there are only 2 HDMI slots.(EDIT: I think we got it for about 700 in December) Here is a link to the 37" version of it. Then, a friend has the 32" version of this tv, and really likes it (he also uses it as a computer monitor, hence the 1080p...works exceptionally well for that btw). According to what they say about this one on the website, it's also able to input 1080p through the components.

I got my tv and our parents' tv at Costco, just because they have the best return policy and they extend the manufacturer warranty to 2 years automatically. My friend who has the 32" 1080p Sharp and another friend who got a couple HDTVs recently both got theirs at Best Buy and bought their extended warranty thing. Personally, I'd recommend buying at one of those two places for that reason (my personal preference is Costco), instead of going to a place that has better prices but may not have the coverage for it.

EDIT2: Hope that helps btw. Good luck, man.

Tonight was my first time playing halo 3 in a month.

Why?

Swat is back baby!

It's a special thing for this weekend, I hope they make it permanent.

The Heroic Map pack will become free after roughly four months. I wonder if this coincides with Call of Duty 4 outselling Halo 3 now. So with each pack, it's between $5 to $10 for each map pack. I think most of the maps sounds good (including Chinatown for CoD4), but it comes at a price.

i really dont understand how you people could have the patience to play through the first 3 hours of lost odyssey

took 1:45 to get to the first area with random battles

characters and voice acting was good until that total ballsack decides to join up in the forest

the battle theme is NOT A GOOD BATTLE THEME

the first boss is WAY TOO DIFFICULT

yeah im pretty much done with this

Finally beat Project Sylpheed. So Gundam SEED of an ending that I pretty much called it all.

Really great game though. Honestly I don't wanna put it down even after beating it on hard. For some reason, the way they worked in the achievements to be actual game medals has me addicted to acquire them all. So far I have 16! :P

So glad I spent the money on this game. So very glad.

i really dont understand how you people could have the patience to play through the first 3 hours of lost odyssey

took 1:45 to get to the first area with random battles

characters and voice acting was good until that total ballsack decides to join up in the forest

the battle theme is NOT A GOOD BATTLE THEME

the first boss is WAY TOO DIFFICULT

yeah im pretty much done with this

I got about twenty minutes in the game, up to the point where you have to suffer through the novel length dream that you have at the hotel, and I had to stop.

This is the first game in a long time to put me to sleep.

The thing is usally I do have the patience to sit through JRPGs but this was the worst JRPG I have played in a long while.

But it shouldn't have been now that I think about it. It had the producer of Final Fantasy, the character designs of the guy who made Slam Dunk, and the power of a deep and engaging storyline.

Oh well, I really can't get my money back, so it will live on my shelf next to Madden '06 for the 360, DOAX2, and WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2008.

The thing is usally I do have the patience to sit through JRPGs but this was the worst JRPG I have played in a long while.

But it shouldn't have been now that I think about it. It had the producer of Final Fantasy, the character designs of the guy who made Slam Dunk, and the power of a deep and engaging storyline.

Oh well, I really can't get my money back, so it will live on my shelf next to Madden '06 for the 360, DOAX2, and WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2008.

I think that's unnecessarily harsh. I personally thought it was one of the best I've played in a while (at least since Persona 3 and Suikoden 5).

There's also this love it or hate it quality because of all the novel-reading moments but I think it lent it a unique flair. Also its sentimental story that edges on both being innovative and somewhat cliche. Apparently some people just refuse to give it a fair shake, and that's fine. I just wouldn't take their word for it on how bad it is if they don't even play it.

Is there any way to connect my 360 to my PC for media surfing if I have Vista Business? I lack the specific app MS wants me to use because the free copies of Business sucks...

Yeah If you have Media Center or Media Player 11 and a router it should work just fine. On the Media Tab of the dashboard, select the type of media you want to stream, and then select "computer" You will most likely be needing to running MC at the time to get it to work properly (I have never connected through MC, so I wouldn't know.). It will run some connection stuff and then you will be good to go.