MEETUP: Toronto, Ontario

Skrypnyk

Why do I get the feeling this thread is getting a

NO. Resubmit.???

Come on guys... I know there's more than one of you in the GTA that likes to drink and meet food tv celebrities.

(BTW Emura... Bob Bloomer has this touring food oddity show he does sureal gourmet which frequently could have something as mysterious as secret pudding. And from the sounds of this event I'd be suprised if he wasn't filming an episode. OCR t-shirts might end up on TV!)

I count 3 in for the 5th (I have it booked off now... though the place will fall apart without me...) and 1 wuss who's answer is essentially yes. So ladies and gentlemen... I believe we have a meet up. :)

Now I hate to be a bitch about agenda... and I won't drag anyone else along to this if they think it's gonna be lame... but I've been interested in attending this wine sampling thing for about 2 months now so I highly doubt I'm gonna miss it.

GO training it to this LCBO for 11:30 means I'm setting out around 9:00am (to be safe) so I'll be in Toronto as early as that.

If anyone's interested in doing any of this over the phone... or if it will help us with meeting up in any way just pm me or friend me (Luke Williams in the OCR group) on facebook.

Now, see, if you had an meet-up in, say, North Carolina, I'd totally be there. But since pretty much all the NC people have already been banned or no longer frequent OCR, I guess I'm screwed. I'd go to Toronto if I had a lot more notice, like if it were in June or July. And I think my passport is expired or something.

Like anyday but May 5 and Anime North date(27-29).

I'll go if I can drag a couple buds with me, which shouldn't be so hard.

Actually Anime North is 26, 27, 28 this year. Close enough though.

I'm still good for the 5th, though if you wanted to push it back a week I would also be available. 5th is a-OK with me though.

I'm driving up from Waterloo, so if anyone needs a ride from Hamilton, Milton, or Mississauga, it can be done. Luke what time does your wine-tasting thing start? I guess we need to get a good meeting time and place.

Personally I'm always down for the Jack Astors around lunch time, but we should probably try and co-ordinate this with the LCBO thing a bit better.

Actually Anime North is 26, 27, 28 this year. Close enough though.

I'm still good for the 5th, though if you wanted to push it back a week I would also be available. 5th is a-OK with me though.

I'm driving up from Waterloo, so if anyone needs a ride from Hamilton, Milton, or Mississauga, it can be done. Luke what time does your wine-tasting thing start? I guess we need to get a good meeting time and place.

Personally I'm always down for the Jack Astors around lunch time, but we should probably try and co-ordinate this with the LCBO thing a bit better.

Wine tasting starts at 11:30 and goes till like 3:00... but I don't expect I need to be there for nearly that much of it. I just wanna make an appearance and meet the celebs... maybe get on tv... maybe learn something about wine.

If anyone's interested in who Bob Bloomer is his new show, glutton for punishment, will be on tonight at 10 pm.