MEETUP: Video Games Live, Washington, DC (6/29-6/30)

big giant circles

well that's retarded. larry? you gonna jump their asses?

aight, so i called and spoke to a live person. he gave me the direct # for "group sales" which i'll call tomorrow since i'm off. otherwise, i inquired about which seats are still available, and how many people (rougly) we were looking to seat, and here's the deal. I think we better hurry and jump on this shiz, b/c these look like great seats.

also, i know the letters don't match up perfectly, but the red box is where he explained that rows Q and R are actually at on this diagram.

dragon avenger, jose, pixie, zircon, sephfire, as of now, what's your projected status looking like?

VGLseating.jpg

*edit* why the heck is this image not popping up?

i'm on the phone with larry right now. we're hammering out the details now.

Got off the phone with Jimmy and called the Kennedy Center's Group Sales. Spoke with Natasha, who was very helpful. All relevant info in this post has been handled by BGC in the first post, but here's my breakdown as well.

*Ticket cost and availability

This info is for the Friday, June 29, 8PM performance. I've reserved 25 tickets in rows Q & R, Premium Orchestral Center, generally held to be the best section in the house. Since 3 seats had been purchased in row Q, 25 covered the entire rest of the rows. Tickets (and I asked at least 3 times to verify) are 20% off with the group discount, and as such will be $37.44 each which includes any and all taxes and surcharges.

We have until May 22nd to pay for the tickets in full. That leaves everyone exactly 3 weeks to solidify their plans to attend the concert.

*How to buy your tickets through OCR

In order to reserve your tickets, please use OCR's PayPal Donation button (top left of the sidebar) and provide the appropriate amount depending on how many tickets you plan to buy. As soon as you do this, please post in the thread indicating that you've paid and under what email address your PayPal account is under, just to help verify things.

*Accomodations

djpretzel has limited space at his house for people to crash, particuarly helpful for those who don't live in the area and would prefer to avoid hotel costs.

Aight everyone, ya got 3 weeks to get your plans into place. This is the meetup to end all meetups. Attend VGL, meet-and-greet with various pros, potentially crash at djp's house and possibly attend the following day's concert as well if you can stay the weekend. Let's get it going!

I would really love to come and could easily donate money for the tickets, but I have a problem with getting there. At the cheapest, it would cost $200 just for travel, which makes it impractical. If anyone is headed my way and wants to give me a ride, I'd be more than happy to contribute to the cost of gas.

I would really love to come and could easily donate money for the tickets, but I have a problem with getting there. At the cheapest, it would cost $200 just for travel, which makes it impractical. If anyone is headed my way and wants to give me a ride, I'd be more than happy to contribute to the cost of gas.

man, if you could find yourself a 4 hour ride down here to knoxville (and back up appropriately) I'm sure we could work something out.

Wingless: if you bring a sleeping bag, I'm sure I can fanangle some space at my grandparent's place. Be forewarned, though; their Jewdi powers are formidable, and I imagine Grandpa Leo's Force Guilt is deadly. Be careful.

BGC: what kind of car are you going to be driving? Mine will probably make it to DC, but I wouldn't mind a ride from somebody in a better car (i.e. not 17 years old and having travelled less than 204000 miles.) From Knoxville to Asheville to DC would add about 80 miles (probably an hour and three quarters more in terms of time) to the trip, but I'm sure we can work out something in terms of compensation. PM back if that might work.

We'll be driving a Toyota Camry, it's in great shape and pretty low mileage. However, if it turns out that more than 4-5 people end up carpooling with us, then I might try to convince my mom to lend me her van, which can seat 7.

I proposed the idea of sephfire and his wife trekking to Knoxville and riding with us to save gas, and if they do, I'd most likely ask you to just drive here to Knoxville, and we'd all ride up from there. A bit out of your way, I know, but we'd all collectively save quite a bit on gas.

*edit* wait, are you talking about for the ride back?

Yeah, that sounds awesome, I can definitely drive to Knoxville. It's a straight shot on 40, so no biggie. Thus far I have one passenger for sure, and I'm thinking one other possible. I'll PM you if something comes up, but otherwise, I guess we should meet up on Thursday.