The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Hi folks, my name is Pedro , from Brazil 14 years old . I'm disposed to help with anytingh : Artwork , compose, mix, plays , and more .... Can you add me in any social network .

:razz: If you know of any project, or need help with anything , contact me .

Thanks.

The Arms. MasterPedroke

Howdy, name's Ryan, current hobbyist (and maybe future professional) in the noisemaking area.

I went to MAGFest 8 last year and had a blast - unfortunately my friends from around here and I couldn't make it this year since the school semester had already started.

I'm a stickler for guitar tone (although that doesn't necessarily mean I can play extremely well) - pretty much everything in my signal chain (from the guitar to the pedalboard to the amplifier) has been modified to fit my liking. It makes me sad when such skilled arrangers/performers have a crappy sound :cry: but I usually get over it.

I usually prefer stick to jam/funk, but sometimes I stray to jazz, hard rock, and metal.

I love analog effects, Phish, Persona, passive pickups, Beethoven's Pastoral symphony, Final Fantasy, and garden salsa sun chips.

Me and my SM58 go way back.

Nice to meet you all!

Howdy, name's Ryan, current hobbyist (and maybe future professional) in the noisemaking area.

I went to MAGFest 8 last year and had a blast - unfortunately my friends from around here and I couldn't make it this year since the school semester had already started.

I'm a stickler for guitar tone (although that doesn't necessarily mean I can play extremely well) - pretty much everything in my signal chain (from the guitar to the pedalboard to the amplifier) has been modified to fit my liking. It makes me sad when such skilled arrangers/performers have a crappy sound :cry: but I usually get over it.

I usually prefer stick to jam/funk, but sometimes I stray to jazz, hard rock, and metal.!

So... lots of styles, and an ear for guitar tones, you say... (shameless plug here) interesting. ;)

Welcome all. :D

Demonmaster here. I have been recently released back into the wild that is OCR forums and I have one question, how can I get this damn beeping collar off of me?

But seriously I was around long ago and just want to say hi again to all the new faces around and maybe some of the old that may remember me. Also I can't help but be amazed at how much this place has grown. It is awesome to see all the new projects that have been released and all the upcoming ones that people are putting together.

Hi everybody ! I'm Flo Jess, French but I speak English.

I play the piano, and I've recently discovered FL Studio 9 so I try to start music remixes on this software.

I have known Overclocked Remix for 1 year.

And I decided to log on the forum in order to start and perfect my remixes !

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone. I'm warfighter67 (or Weylin, as people who get to know me well will know me by). I am 17. I have been playing my guitar for 2 years and fucking around with FL 9 for about 6 months. I also went into graphic design for about 4 months, and currently aspiring to be a video game developer. I average a 3.7 GPA, very logical person, familiar with the internet and its general rules and customs, and get along well with everyone. Well, because this is a music site, I deem it appropriate to add a link to my artist page: http://www.soundclick.com/weylinsslayerorchestra

Hai there!

I'm a wannabe composer from Turkey, who taught himself lots of things in years (with the aid of the internet) and finally settled on an A title project as a Sound Designer. I've done more than 15 minutes of SFX (not music, sfx!) and composed a Theme for them, only by luck because the main composer can't complete his job on time.

I'm almost done on mixing and finding the right sound, but i need to improve my composing and orchestration skills, and i know that i can do it only by practicing more. So i decided to register here at last :)

I hope i can contribute to this community in a good way ^^

'Sup?

Tuesday here. Saxophonist, Rapper, self-taught composer and producer, and a musician til death. It is my ambition to make music that will truly make your moment.

I've been working on a Gyakuten Saiban/Ace Attorney remix project for a little while now which goes by the name of GYAKUTEN MEETS THE STREETS. If you want, you can check drafts of the remixes on my youtube "detectivetuesday". To save you the trouble of typing that in,

. There are 8 other Gyakuten Saiban remixes on my channel, as well as a few saxophone videos and raps. I'm also working on a free beat album with all original compositions, based on the "Free Beat Tuesdays" series that I posted on my youtube account a while back. I always appreciate feedback, so if you're interested, be sure let me know what you think about my music.

At any rate, I've always been a gamer myself, and I believe that music is an important part of making a great game even greater (Guilty Gear is one of my favorite examples). I'm a fan of some remixes I heard here (I used to bump Rise of the Star heavy back in the day!), and when I hear a new interpretation of a song I like it inspires me to try to give that feeling back to someone else who might like another song (which is the idea behind my Ace Attorney album). And for the same reason, I'm sure I'll involve myself in projects here from time to time as well!

So that's me. I come in peace, 'cause war leaves us in pieces like bullets 'til the streets become full clips.

Edited by DetectiveTuesday

Greetings all.

My name is Jordan Michael Reed. I tend to go by my full name for some weird reason. It just stuck I guess. Other aliases I've used online include: Hoser101, DJ-Draken, and JMR (which was taken here, hence why I'm using Amphibious)

Basically I've been a LONG time visitor of this site. Most of the music I listen to regularly comes straight from here, or from actual video game soundtracks themselves. I love video games and especially the music in them. It's a passion that's developed over the years.

Over the last few years I've also delved into composition and mixing using mainly FL Studio. I've gotten a lot more serious with it lately, so I decided why not join the community I seem so fond of to see if I can learn some new things and connect with some amazing composers, arrangers, musicians, and video game music enthusiasts alike.

Looking forward to spending some more time here.

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forums, though not esp new to OC. Most music I listen to comes from here because, as we all know, game music is awesome. And aside from that, it's hard to find good music out there that isn't for games or movies or tv shows, unless it's OrChestral.:tomatoface:

I like music with an ethereal sound, hence the username. Although I plan on making some music of my own, particularly some remixes (including one of sonic), life is busy. Glad to be in the crowd, though. :)

Whats up guys!?

Bradley Davis here. I've been listening to OCR for a about a year thanks to a friend of mine and have enjoyed everything I've listened to. Im obviously a huge gamer and game music fan. My favorite game soundtracks include FF7(obviously i love Voices of the Lifestream), Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask, Mega Man X, Shadow of the Colossus, and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. Ive been been a musician for about 8 years now. Mainly a drummer because thats what i started on. Eventually picked up bass, guitar, some piano, and some mandolin. I started out playing alternative rock but as i got older i got into more progressive rock/metal bands such as Dream Theater and Rush. Finding these new bands really opened my eyes to new styles of music and new ways to play. Went to college for a year and half for music. My main percussion instructor taught me many many new styles that i previously didnt mind too much including jazz, country, latin, world, hip-hop, R&B, and funk. So needless to say i have a wide palette to work with. I have worked with bands before but since i got a job i dont really have time for a band. And since i can play multiple instruments i decided to start composing all my own material. Im currently working on a movie with a friend and he hired me to do the soundtrack. I really hope to help and contribute to this ever-increasing and amazing community as much as i can

• 2 weeks later...

So I spent a lot of time thinking about how I should introduce myself on the forums, and I've decided that instead of actually telling you what I'm like, and the strange tendencies I have, it would be special if I just said hello. So...

Hello, I'm new to the Forums, and I've spent a great deal of time in my life listening to the amazing remixes that come out of this fantastic community. Hopefully there's something I can do to help someone on here and make the community even better.

Hey I am not a new "member" per say as I used to have a different account but with that account i never did much in the 8 years I've been frequenting this site.

Atmozpheryc is what my "DJ" name is and I write my own music. I have always wanted to try my hand at remixing so I decided to sign up and get a little more involved here.

Hi all new ppl, welcome to ocr. :D Come show us your remixes and originals, share your thoughts on posted ocremixes, cheer us on when we make bigass album projects, talk music and tech, see if you can help someone out with your instrument skills or something, join our competitions and projects and stuff. Enjoy your stay. :)

If you have an older account, you can merge them by bringing it up in the username change thread and waiting for DarkeSword or Liontamer or someone to see it. If you wanna score some cool points by having an earlier join date or higher post count, thatis. ;)

Edited by Rozovian

If you have an older account, you can merge them by bringing it up in the username change thread and waiting for DarkeSword or Liontamer or someone to see it. If you wanna score some cool points by having an earlier join date or higher post count, thatis. ;)

My older account doesn't have many posts either and I don't really are about the join date much. Thanks for the info though. Honeslty a join date of mid-2000s with 20 posts looks worse than a recent join lol :)

O hai, greetings from the South (Brazil to be more precise). My name is André and I'm a game designer with a composer's heart. Regarding composing, I have some practice with classical notation and write mostly by hand, but now I'm venturing into the realms of daw and synths and I must say I'm quite lost actually. >>

Actually, I know OCR for quite some time but only used it to look for some remixes, and since I was becoming quite a regular it was about time to register. =P I expect to gain some daw/synth skills and with time I too shall contribute.

Hello everyone. My name is Dave the Rave, also known as V-202 Davva (feel free to call me Davva) in some forums I’ve joined.

I first heard about this site when Project Chaos was out at the time. After the sites 10th Anniversary, I decided visited the site more often. It is with great pleasure to finally be part of this community and to meet you all.

I hope to help out by offering ideas/criticism and give whatever music talent I can to lend a hand.

Hi there. I've been listening to stuff coming out of OC remix since.. possibly the beginning. I think i remember hearing some stuff as far back as 01 or 02?

Anyway, i figured since ive enjoyed so much of whats come out of the site and the minds within, i should take a look around and see if i can find all the great stuff i havent heard yet.

I dont know anything about creating music, but i know what i dont like, and with proper humility i might be able to offer some constructive feedback in that way. :smile:

Hey, I'm Tuberz McGee. Feel free to call me Tuberz or Tubers.

It's a reference to other forums I've been a part of.

I'm hoping to be a remixer and I'm going to slowly lurk around here a bit more before posting heavily.

I need to learn the customs and how frequently I should make Schala remix jokes.

Yeah.

I'm 16, I live in New Zealand. I've been playing guitar for 8 years. I've been singing for even longer in choirs and rock bands all the same. I've taught myself how to play an average amount of piano/keyboard. I can read music, not just tab.

I also play some more unorthodox instruments like the Mandolin and Shamisen.

My favourite mix is a tie between "The Rose General" INB4 VOCAL HATE, Natio Obu (Br00tl) (I love the Touhou series), A foray into the Eastern Horizons (I love eastern instruments), Wanderer on the Offensive (Yes, I love me some metal as well), Oil Ocean WT-40 mix (Not sure why I love this one... I just do), The Path To Glory (Sixto IS my favourite mixer), Lunatic Moon (Sixto AND Zircon... I'm sold).

Truly, I can't name all my favourites... but I hope this gives a good analysis of my musical tastes.

Also Level 99.

Anything by him. He is damn sexy.

:grin:yo:grin:

i'am samuel and i like OCremix!It's very creative and interesting! sorry but i'm french and i don't speak english very well...:cry:

i love music creation (i create "concept music" ==>http://www.jamendo.com/fr/user/Samuel%20Rockingham)

bref, je jongle entre la langue française et la langue anglaise pour tenter de me faire comprendre!

hello à tous! :P

I wanted to post an introduction where people might actually see it but if it's against the rules... well I guess I just got my first infraction, eh :<? Anywhoozle, long-time intermittent lurker but thanks to a few friends I've decided to actually try and get involved in the community and maybe get a mix up some time soonish. I'm a bass player (I getz funky) by trade but I'm hoping to expand a bit into piano and guitar.

Been hangin' around ocr irc channel and playing lots of mahvel on PS3... at least I was doing the second unitl... you know :cry:. Both have been loads of fun though. Lookin' forward thoroughly annoying everyone with my newbtitude!

Kwesi