The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Hey everyone! I'm Markishness. I'm new to OCRemix, but I've been a huge video game music fan for years, and I hope someday to compose some video game music myself.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm entirely new to the scene of creating music, but I've always wanted to learn how, and OCRemix seems like the best place to get started. I really enjoy the wide variety of arrangements that have been posted here, and can hardly wait to get started on my own ideas. :-)

Hi everyone! I discovered OverClocked ReMix pretty recently. More specifically, the Pokémon: The Missingno Tracks got me really interested. I love video game music, and I'm hoping to (someday) do my own ReMixes. Until then, I'll be learning from the pros.

Wow I just realized that in 5 months I've been registered here, I haven't properly introduced myself, so here it goes.

My name is Ivan, 19 year old Computer Science student from Croatia. I was informed about OCRemix in a rather unusual way: after listening to lots of video game music remixes on youtube, one day I got a friend request from OCRemix there. I went to check what this overclocked thingy is about, and liked it. After browsing a bit through the site, I decided it's time to try and do something on my own. Times are hard, ideas are scarce, but I'm sure one day some of my remixes will be a part of the site :D

Can't say I'm having problems with writing music down, as I can say I had a good musical education (1 year in a brass ensemble, 5 years in a rock band), but like I said, no cool ideas pop into my head. Probably because I'm more focused on my studies right now. Argh. Damn college.

That's all from me, keep on rocking, technoing etc. :mrgreen:

hey, ive been an avid fan for years now, well i guess i cant say that. ive never touched the forums. ok so ive been a starving leech for years now and i thought i give a heartfelt hello to the community. i think the world of this site, its community and all it stands for. i daydream of mixing and remixing and oh the phenomenal obscure chip diddies id rebirth...but i digress, i adore all of you who can and do all so freely. 4 full heart pieces to you all. thanks you so much keep it up...(also, if youre feeling the dubstep vibe id give you my red ring!)

Hey, folks ;-)

I've been following OCReMix since 2003-2004 now, and finally decided to create an account here and share some of my work; hope you like it!

I've a degree in music (licentiate) and been studying music formally for about 5 years now, and counting. I'm well-skilled in arrangement & orchestration, as well as in musical performance with both acoustic and electric guitars. I mostly like classical, flamenco, jazz, manouche, metal and videogame* music.

See you around.

*obviously...

Hi OCR,

I'm currently studying for my masters in Audio Engineering. I've played music my whole life but only in the last couple of months, have I ventured into remixing. Since my recent stumbling into ReMix I've found something I love doing as a hobby. I came to OCR to find people with the same love of Video games and their music.

I will definitely be frequenting the workshop forums, so speak soon :grin:

Hello :) Registred here to submit one song. Made a very good remix\upgrade to a song from NES game The Guardian Legend. Hope it'll be accepted. Other than that I compose original songs.

Is the only way for newbie to submit songs is by email?

Hey, all!

Name's Greg and I just registered myself on the forums today!

I've been listening to OCReMixes for years now, possibly about 10? Anyways, the amount of talent that has culminated onto this site has been astounding to me for all those years, and I come here almost daily, looking for new mixes to add to my already massive library that dominates most of my iTunes playlist. Heck, I haven't even put a dent in past remixes, let alone the more recent additions over the past 7 or so years.

I myself play the piano well enough, though I'm much better practiced as a tenor (though that practice has been lacking of late... need to reapply myself...) so I would very much be up for some collabs and the like, to get me back into shape. KatetheGreat is one such fabulous rearranger that I've wanted to work with since hearing her The Rose General mix. SO good.

My all time fave mix on the site, so far, is halc's First Time on Outset, followed shortly by Dr. Manhattan's Mr. Pink Poncho's Western Rock Band, and the Fallout of Eli by Brynner Agassi and Mazedude.

And really, there are so many others that just amaze me, the list would just go on, really. Everyone, just keep on being fantastic, and I hope that I'll have an awesome mix of my own to present back, to say thanks for the many years of great listening!

Hey, all! I registered a couple of months back and apparently just forgot about my account. I got the call to action - y'know, the one where it's our duty to tell Nobuo Uematsu how awesome he is? - and finally got my account activated.

I'm a geek of all colours, specializing in computer geekery. I'm also a vocalist, a percussionist and an amateur audio technician.

I love this site. Really, I do.

Edit: Also, shouldn't the link for OCR Radio in the title post be http://ocr.rainwave.cc/?

Edited by wizen

Long time fan finally signing up! My favourite mixes are probably by Reuben Kee (may he rest in peace) - many others but can't remember the names of the artists.

Recently, I have been learning the saxophone (alto seriously, soprano for fun), about 8 months in. I hope to someday arrange my favourite game music and songs with my new skill :) I'm currently living and working in London, UK, would love to jam with like minded musicians if there are any about here.

Ello mates! I come with promises of not annoying you or spamming you. I like to compose music or do anything, really, with music. It's also a dream of mine to compose for a successful video game franchise such as Final Fantasy. Speaking of which, my favs are FFVII, X, and VI.

Nice to meet you. :-D

Hey, everyone.

I'm Stephen Kirkwood, but friends call me 'Steve-O.' I've listened to remixes here at OCRemix for years, and I love them all. I finally decided to become a member. To be honest, I do create music using FL Studio, but I'm by no means anywhere near as skilled as the artists here! Still, nice to be part of somethin' I can enjoy, huh? :-D

Well um, hello there :<. I'm a beginning music artist myself, but I'm not very skilled (yet :razz:). I 've been listening to quite some OCremixes lately, and I've known about the site(or well, in fact, some of the remixes) for a few years now.

So I tought, why not make an account and talk about games and music :).

Hey all.

Longtime gamer here. I grew up in the 16 bit era partial to Sega and now I'm partial to Nintendo. :)

While I am not a musician myself, nor do I understand much music theory, I do appreciate good stuff. I've been listening to OCRemix for awhile now. My favorite genres are classical (baroque and romantic), jazz (dixieland, cool jazz), rock (prog, hard rock, classic rock), and metal (heavy, power, prog, doom, and thrash).

I look forward to posting here!:-D

I've been a video game fanboy since 1988. Have liked quite a bit of game-related music since then, even though I know nothing about music performance or composition. Discovered OCRemix a few years back, and I've enjoyed some of the music. My main intent in joining the forum is to ask some lingering questions.

Also, I went to the OCRemix panel during PAX Seattle 2011. My thoughts about PAX in general were awfully negative, and I wasn't very positive about the specific panel. It seemed strange to me that there were more than a dozen fans of video game music, and even more strange to think that a good number of them were adults.

For those who are curious, I have a number of other interests and hobbies. Most of the things I enjoy (eastern and western comics, board/card games, and posting on forums) are not especially respectable. It's embarrassing for me to admit that I'm immature despite being an adult.

immature? not at all. you can appreciate the art and story in a comic just like you can in a book. and if you're into games like dominion, puzzle strike, yomi, or flash duel, there are a good number of players on here as well. we play using the online interfaces for each game occasionally.

you'd be surprised how many adults enjoy these hobbies - even more so than the 'target audience' - since they've got the disposable income to partake in them. just because people tell you that games are immature doesn't mean that they are. what's more immature - a guy who plays some board games with friends, or a sports nut who just sits and watches soccer all day, or a car jockey who sits and works on his car all the time and doesn't interact with the outside world?

welcome to ocr =) make yourself at home. we don't bite. usually.

Edited by prophetik music

Good afternoon everybody!

My name is Zerothemaster, and I make music. I'm a fan of many types of music, but have interest (here) in guitar covers and electronica cover of VG songs (duh). My inspiration in electronic music comes from guys like Daft Punk, Justice, Starkey, Slugabed, Skream, Deadmau5, Skrillex, and such. For this site, I much respect the work of guys like TheGuitarHeroe, PrototypeRaptor and Main Finger.

I got introduced to this site via the Megaman competition that's going on right now. I hope to make some songs and maybe (someday) get an official OCRemix!

~Zero

My name is EQ and im one of the rarely seen anime composers(well there are not that much i know, who make that specific music genre)

Anyways.... im 18 years old and working on my own video game called //Revolution that runs on Unreal Engine(that damn beast XD)

Nice to meet you all :)

My name's Alex, but you can call me Xela, I decided to join this website in the hopes that the people here can help me to improve my Remixing ability and help with my Music Technology studies in College. I was referred here by the very skilled and kind Level 99, its nice to meet you. I have not really been following OCRemix very much, but my love of videogame music is extreme, and I very much long to become a videogame music composer myself someday. I'm sure that by taking on board any constructive criticism and help I recieve on this website, I can learn to compose like the best of them, I know the journey will be a long and hard one, but I am determined. (Long speech over)

Hey. I've listened to a bunch of stuff from OCremix for a while now. I'm shooting for a major in music composition in college, so I figured I'd join this site. I use GarageBand to write my music. I've only just started tinkering around with effects in it, too.