Is it possible to start a remix project currently? If yes how?

tyrog

I tried t search a section about this theme but I found nothing (or maybe I've not searched very very well). I have a question: is it possible to start a remix project about a videogame? If yes how? Is this the right subforum where to post?

I know there are some Remix Projects ongoing so I know I've to wait for they're clear before posting another project.

I'd like a Donkey Kong Country 3 Remix Project. There is only one OC-Remix about it, few funny OL-Remixes and various WIPs.

I need feedback to know if it's timely to ask it now or later.

I think it could be considered by OCRemix community.

Feedback is welcome. :mrgreen:

I'm going to be honest and say that this is not the time to start up another remix project. Most, if not all decent mixers around here are occupied with the more high-profile remixing projects, so I expect there will not be a lot of interest right now. The least you should do is wait until the buzz around the FF7 project has died down a bit after the release, and even then I would not recommend starting a new project.

Now, nothing personal, but the fact that you have around 50 posts is REALLY going incriminate the number of mixers who would want to get involved. I'm not saying it's impossible to get the project underway while you're not very well known yet (the same happened to the Xenogears project), it's just going to be a LOT harder to get motivated people to join.

Please just consider this carefully, and be prepared to put a LOT of time and effort into the project.

I hope you've read carefully the first thread where I express only an idea. I know there are many Remix Porjects ongoing, so if I decide to post a Remix Project Proposal, this won't happen soon.

Moreover I need to read the FAQ about Remix proposals and then plot something.:nicework:

I'm going to be honest and say that this is not the time to start up another remix project. Most, if not all decent mixers around here are occupied with the more high-profile remixing projects, so I expect there will not be a lot of interest right now. The least you should do is wait until the buzz around the FF7 project has died down a bit after the release, and even then I would not recommend starting a new project.

Now, nothing personal, but the fact that you have around 50 posts is REALLY going incriminate the number of mixers who would want to get involved. I'm not saying it's impossible to get the project underway while you're not very well known yet (the same happened to the Xenogears project), it's just going to be a LOT harder to get motivated people to join.

Please just consider this carefully, and be prepared to put a LOT of time and effort into the project.

This.

Anyone that is currently running a project knows that there is a some competition for exposure now. Every time another project is started, it means that the previous ones get less attention. Before, this was a matter of months (or even a year) between each one, so each album had lots of time for people to work on it.

But now, we have so many going, that remixers are being stretched thin. I've had a couple people drop out over the last year because they didn't have the time.

It's not just a matter or resources, either; it's also about the spotlight. I don't want my project to knocked out of the way for the next one to soon, and neither does the guy that ran the last project when mine is done. There simply isn't enough room for all of us. So let's just cool it for a while with all the projects. Let's finish the ones we have already before starting some more, please.

Oh, and I just hope that the FF7 one doesn't completely overshadow everyone else.:wink:

Such as? Last time I checked, most of the projects are conceived and implemented for precisely that reason.

Yeah but the best projects are the ones that have an actual theme behind it that makes sense to create an entire album around, rather than just being a collection of remixes from a game. Darkesword's projects (including his upcoming Zelda one) are good examples of what I'm talking about.

Yeah but the best projects are the ones that have an actual theme behind it that makes sense to create an entire album around, rather than just being a collection of remixes from a game. Darkesword's projects (including his upcoming Zelda one) are good examples of what I'm talking about.
Oh. I thought you were talking about some other type of motivation. Point made. By the way, I never remember which user ran which project. They are all a jumble in my mind.

Here are the current projects, status, and person running in the works that I can think of on the top of my head.

FFVII - 99% ish - zircon

Kirby Superstar - 80% - Arek (Nicholas)

Tales 90% - Kylejcrb

Xenogears 60%? - don't know on the top of my head

Dragon Warrior - 60%ish - Rexy

SD3 - 40% - Usa

Doom something - dunno - TO ?

Radical Dreamers - don't even know - Taucer

Darke's Zelda Project - just started - :roll:

Tim Follin - floating - Liontamer

Super Dodge Ball - floating forever - Walan

Zelda Link's Awakening - floating forever and ever - Starky

That's a LOT of projects guys... And I may be forgetting one or two... So please... no more... support the ones that are out there now so they can get done for the love of god...

I see many are close to the end and some are putative and not confirmed.

However I got the feedback enough to understand.

Don't worry, the Project is currently only an idea.

When remixers will have taken some rest from this "stretching activity", I may plan to post a Project Proposal. :|

By the way there has been a DKC Remix Project (Kong in Concert) successfully accomplished and an OL-Remix DKC2 Remix Project (whose I took part with two accepted tracks) close to the end.

I say, why not a DKC3 in OCRemix? So few Remixes of DKC3 (actually only one in here, My Red Hot Pursuit) and the soundtrack is not bad.

Surely I have a couple of WIPs to post (and one sure to post).

I'd post the Remix Project to enrich the videogame music of DKC3's rearrangements and remixes. It's worth according to me.

Conclusion: if I decide to post a remix project thread, this won't happen soon.

So remixers, work hard on remaining projects :sleepdepriv: , take a rest and then decide if you like to take part this one. ;)

Maybe if you built up a good name in the community (without remixing, but with other support to the site, like replying a lot to threads, writing many reviews, supporting and vote for the remix contests etc.), and/or try to find someone else (with a good name) which can/will help you you can be able to start something after a while.

You can also try to look at some other Forums (ThaSauce, VGmix etc.), but most of the remixers are the same as here. Good luck.

Maybe if you built up a good name in the community (without remixing, but with other support to the site, like replying a lot to threads, writing many reviews, supporting and vote for the remix contests etc.), and/or try to find someone else (with a good name) which can/will help you you can be able to start something after a while.

You can also try to look at some other Forums (ThaSauce, VGmix etc.), but most of the remixers are the same as here. Good luck.

Thanks, that's what I'm doing currently. I've been signed up first at VgMix and later I registered here as well. I'm OLRemix member too and I took part to Pocketman's Crocodile Chaos (DKC2 Remix Project).:-P

However I repeat the remix project is only an idea at the moment. As the most of the projects have been accomplished, I'll catch to consider posting the Remix Project proposal about Donkey Kong Country 3.

Meanwhile, as I get FL7 Full Version, I'll work on Rocket Rush Remix and I'll post it here or make a new thread about that.

Thanks Bundeslang for the help ;)

Thanks, that's what I'm doing currently. I've been signed up first at VgMix and later I registered here as well. I'm OLRemix member too and I took part to Pocketman's Crocodile Chaos (DKC2 Remix Project).:-P

However I repeat the remix project is only an idea at the moment. As the most of the projects have been accomplished, I'll catch to consider posting the Remix Project proposal about Donkey Kong Country 3.

Meanwhile, as I get FL7 Full Version, I'll work on Rocket Rush Remix and I'll post it here or make a new thread about that.

Thanks Bundeslang for the help ;)

Maybe you should enter the Frutty Loops Music Competition in the Competition Forum. The deadline is soon, but it's fun to do and you learn a bit.

Here are the current projects, status, and person running in the works that I can think of on the top of my head.

FFVII - 99% ish - zircon

Kirby Superstar - 80% - Arek (Nicholas)

Tales 90% - Kylejcrb

Xenogears 60%? - don't know on the top of my head

Dragon Warrior - 60%ish - Rexy

SD3 - 40% - Usa

Doom something - dunno - TO ?

Radical Dreamers - don't even know - Taucer

Darke's Zelda Project - just started - :roll:

Tim Follin - floating - Liontamer

Super Dodge Ball - floating forever - Walan

Zelda Link's Awakening - floating forever and ever - Starky

That's a LOT of projects guys... And I may be forgetting one or two... So please... no more... support the ones that are out there now so they can get done for the love of god...

You forgot SUPER MARIO 64!!!!!!!

and uh, Pokemon by that guy up there and also Super Mario 64

(I did say I was forgetting some)

anyway this is what I mean, that's a LOT of projects, and these are only the ones that are being at least a little bit taken seriously, there have been plenty of others that people have started and no one was interested... at all, really...