JAMSpace at MAGFest 6 (Organizational Thread)

Escariot

Actually I did kinda have this one idea on #ocr for us to also do some unplugged stuff, separate from jamspace... maybe at a hotel room or afterhours or something. Just sort of for the folks who play instruments that aren't amped or superloud, and wanna jam acoustic without having to blast over tons of background. I'm thinking wind instruments, hand drums, acoustic guitars, etc. Anyone with idears can post here, catch us on #ocr, PM, whatever...

Just a thought. ;)

Count me in

Hey guys, sorry I'm so late to this thread (I perked up when I heard "big black sexiness" mentioned)

I'll be bringing my flute (concert fl in C), and my laptop with an ext. interface, and a dynamic mic (not terrible but not great). The interface is a UA-4fx, so it's got guitar, MIDI, and powered-mic inputs, as well as tons of onboard effects (chorus, drive, delay, pitchshift, reverb, etc.). Unfortunately I wouldn't really want either the lappy/interface or the flute being used when I'm not around, though.

Not quite sure why anyone would wanna use my flute anyways {insert american pie joke here}

Actually I did kinda have this one idea on #ocr for us to also do some unplugged stuff, separate from jamspace... maybe at a hotel room or afterhours or something. Just sort of for the folks who play instruments that aren't amped or superloud, and wanna jam acoustic without having to blast over tons of background. I'm thinking wind instruments, hand drums, acoustic guitars, etc. Anyone with idears can post here, catch us on #ocr, PM, whatever...

Just a thought. ;)

Now that's a great idear.

Hey OCR! I will be performing chiptunes with Electro Static Discharge at the Jamspace chiptune concert. It starts at 1pm on Friday, January 4th. Other artists at the chiptune show will include Virt, Wizwars, and quite possibly my good buddy Dino, also known as Cheap Dinosaurs.

Nope, I'm not a spam-bot. Hope to see you there! :]

info can be found here!

The countdown has begun!

As SpamTron mentioned,

JAMSpace Chiptunes Concert: Friday at 1PM.

Also:

JAMSpace Concert: Saturday at 3PM.

These are the finalized times, theoretically :)

Those of you who wish to sign-up and play for the JAMSpace Concert, please do so before noon on Saturday and attend the 12PM pre-concert meeting so we can get everything set up to run smoothly.

Totally stoked, and looking forward to seeing you all there!

Virt and company jamming out some chiptunes? Sounds fairly baller.

As for the hotel jam idea from good sir Will; that also strikes the ear as awesome. You got me, prophet, and Sammy playing hand drums so I think rhythm is covered. Maybe we could do "Tank!" (the Cowboy Bebop theme) and I could not play bongos on my thighs. :<

As for the hotel jam idea from good sir Will; that also strikes the ear as awesome. You got me, prophet, and Sammy playing hand drums so I think rhythm is covered. Maybe we could do "Tank!" (the Cowboy Bebop theme) and I could not play bongos on my thighs. :<

If you can get someone to hit that double high G# cuz I haven't played jazz trumpet in two years : (

Sounds like a plan!

BTW RFB, I was thinking of you when I recorded these -

Holy Crap MAGFest!

HOLY CRAP JAMSPACE!

So stoked I got to meet (most) of you guys over this past weekend! I'm just sorry I didn't get the chance to meet everybody, but JamSpace kept me running all over the place. So - NEXT TIME!

If any of you have pictures or recordings we'd totally love you long time for hooking us up with them! (We being: Myself, Dom and Escariot.....but this is my post, so emphasis on me!)

Also, thanks to all the support JamSpace got, we are now a permanent part of MAGFest, and will only get bigger and better from here on out.... Which means we'd better get our asses in gear and start planning MAGFest VII's JamSpace soon :D

Holy Crap MAGFest!

HOLY CRAP JAMSPACE!

So stoked I got to meet (most) of you guys over this past weekend! I'm just sorry I didn't get the chance to meet everybody, but JamSpace kept me running all over the place. So - NEXT TIME!

If any of you have pictures or recordings we'd totally love you long time for hooking us up with them! (We being: Myself, Dom and Escariot.....but this is my post, so emphasis on me!)

Also, thanks to all the support JamSpace got, we are now a permanent part of MAGFest, and will only get bigger and better from here on out.... Which means we'd better get our asses in gear and start planning MAGFest VII's JamSpace soon :D

Your videos good sir are coming soon....

But now I must die for I has wasted WAY too much energy this weekend.

For those who participated in JAMSpace, either as a performer, or attendee, if you would like to leave feedback, we're going to hold a JAMSpace Feedback / Ideas for next year discussion on Friday, January 11th, 2008 at 8:00PM EST.

IRC Network/Server: irc.vgmix.com

IRC Channel: #magfest

IRC Link: irc://irc.vgmix.com/magfest

• 2 weeks later...
Yea something happened with the lights in the main concert, I'm still trying to track that down.

But next year....

Lights at the main concert are going to be very fun, I can personally assure you.

Also some recordings of jamspace:

http://baltimorebarcams.com/magfest/recordings/

holy crap, i am the the worst blues saxophone player. that has ever lived. WORST EVER. there's a reason i'm primarily a classical musician, i guess.

i forgot how much fun this stuff was. i can't wait till next year.