What I've Done on FL

The Instrumental Light

So it's our fault for someone else's terrible attempt at "remixing"? Wow, that's some logic you got there.

Just to clarify, at no point did the maker of the video say this was a remix, nor should anyone be under the impression that what he was trying to do was a remix.

He just showed how to make (the intro?) of a linkin park song. Poorly, and very beginner like I might add.

I think posting in a forum with professional musicians was bad judgment, but at least you finished your loop. Just keep working on it; if you're doing it for yourself, screw whatever other people think. If you want this to be your job, go ask people how to improve it.

Either way... keep at it and you'll improve. The loop was sorta boring, but if you keep working on it, who knows what it'll turn into?

This isn't mine in the first place, this was some random person's vid on internet and I happened to find out about it while looking at LP music videos. I don't consider myself an absolute professional at music writing, but I don't consider myself a newb either; im kind of in between. If you want to listen to my songs, just click on my sig.

P.S. Dance of the Clouds has been redone, although I haven't updated web yet though. Sorry to be off-topic, go on.

Maybe I misread the first post... it seemed to imply you were the author.

Geez if I'd taken all the flack you did, I certainly would've made it more clear it was just a dumb post and not a complete lack of experience.

Edit: I always read 'what I've done' literally. Maybe it's the way I speak (I'm from the West Coast), but I'm not accustomed to people saying I've done... and it not being them.

That said, I gotcha. I think I said my piece now. :)

There is difference between "What I've Done" the song, and saying that I've done something. Also, the only thing I said was "interesting...". As I've said before in this thread, the only reason i thought it was interesting is because it gives you the basic notes for part of it. It's up to the person who wants to do it to tweak it up and remaster it, so on. It's ok though, I think some other people fell for that too:wink:

Edit: I am actually thinking about doing a remake of it though.