Sin & Punishment

DarkeSword

Anyone else pick this up?

For those of you not in the know, Sin & Punishment is a Japanese N64 game that was just released on the Wii Virtual Console today. In the US (I believe it's also available in Europe).

I bought it as soon as I got home from work (costs about $12). So far it's pretty good, as is typical for a shooter by Treasure. It's also really hard, but I think that's just because I'm getting used to the slightly weird control scheme.

Thoughts?

Nintendo actually put in some work on S&P, so I understand the raised price (translated menus and tutorials).

The SMB2 game though is probably the .nes rip -- I doubt if they took the time to convert it from the FDS format before sending it our way (and I don't think Nintendo's NES emulator inside the Wii will play raw FDS in any case).

I want this game SO bad. But I have no wifi in my dorm room. :(

Gonna have to look into buying a router or Nintendo's overpriced USB thingy.

I got a router for $2 after rebates. Not saying $2 is common, but you can usually find routers that will do the job pretty cheap (cheaper than a USB thing that's not nearly as versatile anyway) if you look closely.

I played this game a while ago on an emulator running on the N64 and it was pretty awesome.

So for the VC did they translate everything, only some of the game or nothing at all for Sin & Punishment?

The menus and the tutorial were translated, afaik. The spoken dialogue was all originally in English anyway, but they left the subtitles in Japanese. So I guess you could say it's extremely "import-friendly."

Gotta love Nintendo's added "import fee" to their already inflated VC prices. Because, you know, it costs an extra 20% to send that ROM all the way from Japan. :tomatoface:

I'm betting that it covers the cost of translation. I'm betting that you're also right because Nintendo are as greedy as a tanned blonde driving a Hummer.

So despite having too many games to play as it is, I'm becoming more and more tempted to get this game (also, considering if they bring in a lot of money via their "import genre," Nintendo will be more likely to localize more games that never saw the light of day here...here's hoping for Radical Dreamers and maybe some previous installments of Nintendo Wars and Fire Emblem). Anyway, just curious how you all would rate this game (since if it goes highly recommended, I may just have to put my other VC games on hold for the time being in favor of this). (EDIT: like on a scale of 1 to 10, where would you place it and why?)

I'm also finding the debates about the increased cost of the import genre pretty funny, like they really need to justify a $2 increase :-P.