Rock Band

RealFolkBlues

That's what you get for reading IGN.

Plus anything bought around the holiday season should be factored in that there will be high demand for said product, and high demand makes for short supplies. So since there was a limited amount of the bundles, there's no way they can sell just the single instruments right now.

That's what you get for reading IGN.

Plus anything bought around the holiday season should be factored in that there will be high demand for said product, and high demand makes for short supplies. So since there was a limited amount of the bundles, there's no way they can sell just the single instruments right now.

I read like 3 different sources confirming it before launch. Must have been one of the beta builds of the game they tested it on, or something. Or maybe they were basing it off of IGN's article, but that's something no one should do.

I'm going to be kind of stuck in the same boat, but when me and my bro bought our PS3 with Rock Band in mind, we already realized that it could be a problem and right now we can simply hope Activision doesn't fuck over consumers. Activision and RedOctane are pretty much the folks that decided it would be a good idea to go against the standards provided by Microsoft and Sony for their controllers, and since that's the case it was probably intentional to some degree. I really see no reason to defend the issue, though, in spite our supposed lack of foresight. I'll agree it's Activision and RedOctane's right to defend their interests as a company, but considering how many more people seem to prefer GH3 controllers compared to Rock Band's, it's a wonder they haven't tried to get GH3 guitars working with Rock Band yet when it would probably make them some money. Harmonix seems to be all for universal controller support.

-Nick

And now it's time we started making our DLC wishlists.

Top of my list: Tenacious D's "Pick of Destiny" soundtrack/album. Followed by Portal's "Still Alive."

emofag needs his emo music

i want the full album still searching by senses fail

oh yeah and i got my free copy in the mail today

i dont have the drums but i got 2 guitar hero guitars + the headset that came with my 360 (or my free wireless one i got) all of which work perfectly

and for free i aint complainin

I haven't played Rock Band yet, but I've watched a few videos on YouTube of people playing. Many, many lulz were had.

I think the concept for the game is a great idea. Exercise+social interaction+the development of RL talent(mostly if you're playing drums or singing). Not that gaming in and of itself isn't a real life talent b/c it definitly is IMO. You know what I mean.

Can't wait to play it.

Yeah, EA's return policy is pretty great. I'm looking forward to a replacement guitar and set of drum pads soon. I've noticed I drum better with headphones on when I can actually hear the drum track, but it still seems to just miss some notes now and then whether I hit them or not.

Once Harmonix releases the patch for online Band World Tour play, we are so forming an OCR supergroup. :-)

Yeah, EA's return policy is pretty great. I'm looking forward to a replacement guitar and set of drum pads soon. I've noticed I drum better with headphones on when I can actually hear the drum track, but it still seems to just miss some notes now and then whether I hit them or not.

Once Harmonix releases the patch for online Band World Tour play, we are so forming an OCR supergroup. :-)

when are they doing that???

and i think im just gonna go buy the full set and sell everything but the drums

I was at my best friend's house today, and had the opportunity to explore Rock Band further than I did at Best Buy. I have to say, this game is insanely awesome.

I need to make some space so I can actually play the game instead of being cramped in my bed room. Looks like the computer room is about to get a makeover. :)

Anyways, great game, and I love being the drummer!

Finally got a chance to dig into this one a little bit (I know, didn't I start this thread?) and damn it's fairly badass. Repeating songs is lamish, but it don't matter. Laughing my ass off while ripping apart "Wanted Dead or Alive" was well worth the price of admission.

Also, faulty controllers are lame. My homeboy managed to fix his strum bar through a bit of labor on both our parts, and a couple hours later it was malfunctioning again. Makes me glad I'm not an early adapter (i.e. too damn poor.)

• 1 month later...

So I got to play Rock Band during the sleepover part of the NYC meetup, and damn it was awesome. However, the vocals for some of the songs were too damn easy or felt a little cheapening, and from what I played, the guitaring looked easier than comparatively in the GH games, although I probably haven't played enough to be able to judge fully. My favorite song to do the vocals on in my limited time playing though would have to be the Boston song, where it felt a lot more natural than the others I've played.

I'm definitely looking forward to get this game once I return two free 360 GH3s though and belting out the vocals.

Eh, my experience with the vocals was that it was easy when I knew the song, and usually pretty hard if I didn't. Not terribly surprising, really. Boston does indeed rock, so that was a lot of fun.

As for the guitar parts, they're on the whole a bit easier. There's a few which are still pretty challenging, but the game isn't so much about the single-player aspect for any of the instruments.

Eh, my experience with the vocals was that it was easy when I knew the song, and usually pretty hard if I didn't. Not terribly surprising, really. Boston does indeed rock, so that was a lot of fun.

I found the vocals generally easy once you got the right pitch. The whole lot of us playing it did wish they picked better songs though...nobody knew all but like 2 songs for the duration we were playing.

I found the vocals generally easy once you got the right pitch. The whole lot of us playing it did wish they picked better songs though...nobody knew all but like 2 songs for the duration we were playing.

Yeah, the song selection tends to lean pretty heavily towards good drum songs. Actually, when I was playing I had some interference from my friend's sound system right in front of my mic, so it might be easier than I remember.

I finally got a copy of Rock Band, and yes, it's as sweet as ever! :)

I love drumming, but I started a solo career with guitar. I'm working at medium right now, and I should finish it up by New Year's since I'm just splitting time between some things.

I can't wait to try singing, should be fun! :)

• 2 weeks later...